*****The Official Legia Warsaw v Rangers Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I’d be annoyed if we went out to this mob tbh. Watched the 2nd game and our pace and pressure means we’ll be all over them. 

Hope the team don’t wilt under that atmosphere, if they don’t we’ll be just about comfortable over the two legs. 

2-1 to us if we don’t shit ourselves. 

We’ve been to far more intimidating stadiums in Europe and Scotland. We’re also a vastly more experienced team now. If we fuck up there it’ll be down to what we do on the park and not the nerves. 

I watched some of their highlights from today's game they won 1-0 the other team scored but it was ruled out for offside but it looked on side. Quite confident we will score over there they don't look as good in defence as I was led to believe.

1 minute ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

I watched some of their highlights from today's game they won 1-0 the other team scored but it was ruled out for offside but it looked on side. Quite confident we will score over there they don't look as good in defence as I was led to believe.

The danes looked good defensively too and we took 7 off them.  They don’t have a great goalscoring record thus far, and have drawn 3 / won 3 of their qualifiers. Their saving grace being that they haven’t conceded. 

I’m as nervous as anyone about the game but I think it’s because of the occasion.  

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

Mcgregor 

Tav            Goldson           Katic        Flanagan 

Jack         Davis      Aribo 

Arfield      Morelos      Ojo

Strongest team for me at the moment with only Jones and Ojo a debate for the 3rd member of the front 3. Left back still clearly our weak spot and although I'm not particularly a fan of Flanagan I think our most defensive option suits us with the more attacking threat of Ojo on that side and especially away from home. 

This team all night long,

16 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

No sign of any broadcasting company covering the game, suspect it will RTV again. Normally announce coverage a day beforehand for UK/ROI.

Brutal mate, cant understand why first two rounds are shown but not 3rd or play off round.

16 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Brutal mate, cant understand why first two rounds are shown but not 3rd or play off round.

I suspect it is all to do with RTV, they make a bit of coin out of the £9.99 match fee - they pay home OB company to cover it but still make a decent amount out of it. It looks like they have bought the rights to this game in advance as well (BT and Premier not advertising). I don't like the lateness that RTV announce Europe games to UK/ROI - understand for home games (as they need to boost tickets sales), but not for away European ties.

Archived