*****The Official Legia Warsaw v Rangers Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Went from nearly 2/1 to 11/8. Odds keep changing.

Odds are affected by the punters as much as the bookies. Bookies got to keep themselves covered. 

Slightly off topic:  sometimes on a Saturday afternoon in London I've seen illegal bookie's runners with two or three mobiles buzzing away jumping on and off buses to lay off the odds on racing and football matches to other bookie shops and touts.  London  buses in bus lanes often run better than taxis in busy areas, and you can jump on and off busses much more easy than other transport.

14 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Yes, I thought BT now had full control of TV rights from playoff onwards into groups ??

Might be from the group stage mate.

I just checked tv guide and its not on bt schedule (premier looks like wolves - or probably rugby again!)

2 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

Does anyone know what channel the game will be on?

I booked that crappy premier for one of the earlier games and rtv for others. Looking to cancel premier if our games on elsewhere.

That's the reason to cancel for me, no need for them at all. They only had one Rangers game for all the qualification rounds, which is pretty pathetic really. Obviously RTV is a better option for the club, rather than sell to Premier.

They have the rights to the Scottish Cup, but won't bother as the tenner is better spent in the boozer watching the games. 

Interesting to see what happens to League and LC/SC coverage when BT pull out of Scotland completely next season. Premier will probably pick up a lot of games then.

16 hours ago, kanjo said:

To each their own for opinion.  Legia from 5 years ago are nowhere near the same as the current one and their recent results suggest that. 

Mate! Warsaw is my second home so Legia are my Polish club, and I can tell you that the Legia of today are nowhere near the team they were even 2-3 seasons ago when they were Champions of the Ekstraklasa. Since then they have lost their brilliant 'keeper, Arkadiusz Malarz,  Bartosz Bereszyński,  Łukasz Broź,  Tomasz Brzyski, Adam Hloušek, Michał Pazdan,  Jakub Rzeźniczak,  Mihail Aleksandrov, Ondrej Duda,  Guilherme,  Kasper Hämäläinen,  Michał Kopczyński,  Ivica Vrdoljak,  Michał Kucharczyk,  Nemanja Nikolić,  Aleksandar Prijović,  Marek Saganowski,  Jakub Czerwiński,  Igor Lewczuk,  Ariel Borysiuk. *** and I almost forgot Sebastien Szymanski, who was probably their best player last year.

That is 20 top class players; most of who were International players that have never been replaced with the quality they possessed . Will their replacements be good enough to beat us over two legs? I personally don't think so, but we will find out soon enough.

--------------mcgregor-------------

Tav------goldson---katic----flannagan 

---------jack-----davis----kamara--------

--arfield-------morelos-----------Jones 

Keep it tight, goal scoring threat in Alfredo and arfield. Proper pace on the counter with Jones. Aribo I think is a booking away from a suspension so keep him ready for the home leg where we should be more on the front foot. 

0-1 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

A few Rangers boys will have it mate. Just ask around 

It’s mental mate couldn’t believe the amount of heroes on the buses from Dusseldorf that had it. 

Too much of a shitebag to put a g or 2 in my luggage, fuck knows how cunts get it over there. 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

It’s mental mate couldn’t believe the amount of heroes on the buses from Dusseldorf that had it. 

Too much of a shitebag to put a g or 2 in my luggage, fuck knows how cunts get it over there. 

Up the Gary glitter probably :lol:

aye there was loads kicking about our bus. Me and my mate had 6 between us 2 :lol:

HAVING played an integral role for the Piast Gliwice side that shocked Legia Warsaw by winning the Ekstraklasa title last season, Polish football’s own version of the Leicester City fairytale, there are few people better placed to give the rundown on Rangers’ opponents in the Europa League play-off round than Tom Hateley.

Given the fact that the former Motherwell and Dundee man remains an avid follower of the Ibrox club after kicking around the dressing room at his dad Mark’s heels as a youngster, he is also able to give an informed view on the Scottish side’s chances of progression to the knockout stage. And he is optimistic about the prospects of Steven Gerrard’s men.

His confidence comes from the different trajectories he believes both teams to be on, with Legia still in something of a down-swing as they attempt to regroup from their humbling at Hateley’s club’s hands last season, and the upwards momentum he says he can feel building behind Gerrard’s team.

“I expect that Rangers will be too strong for Legia, and that’s the way the tie is being viewed over here too,” said Hateley.

“Most people in Scotland will remember them from giving celtic a bit of a doing a few years ago before the result was overturned, but they are nowhere near as strong as that now.

“Legia are expected to be the side winning trophies over here and they expect to win the league, so it was a real shock to them when we won it. It is a little like a Hearts, maybe, winning the title in Scotland, so you can imagine how that would go down in Glasgow. It would have been the same in Warsaw after we won it.

“They fired their coach Ricardo Sa Pinto towards the end of last season, and Aleksander Vukovic has come in and has shaken things up a little.

“They sold probably their best player, Sebastien Szymanski, to Dinamo Moscow in the summer, while their top scorer from last season, Carlitos, is out of favour. It’s strange, because he got 16 goals last season and is a good player.

“They are playing a younger striker, Jaroslaw Niezgoda, but while he is decent, he isn’t anywhere near as prolific. He has been partnering Lucquinhas in recent games, and neither has scored this season yet.

“The main difference with Legia now is that they don’t have that 30-goal a season striker they can rely upon for regular goals.”

That’s not to say that Hateley believes the tie will be a walkover for Rangers, with Legia’s main strengths now probably lying further back.

“Midfield is definitely their strongest area,” he said. “They have a really tidy player in there, Valeriane Gvilia, who is a typical European central midfielder. He’s small, but he is neat in possession, a good technician, and has a great passing range. He’ll try to dictate the tempo, so Rangers need to make sure they don’t allow him to do that.

“Beside him they usually have a couple of Portuguese players, Cafu and Andre Martins. Cafu was on loan from Metz last season and they’ve just bought him for a decent fee, so he’s a good player.

“They all have decent pedigree, but Rangers have a strong midfield too and I’d expect them to more than hold their own.

“Legia don’t lose too many goals either, so you have to say they are pretty strong at the back with Cafu protecting in front. But they don’t often come up against the sort of firepower that Rangers have.”

Hateley may be watching Rangers from afar, but he has been impressed by the way the Ibrox side have started the season, and he feels that the difference between the attacking arsenals at the disposal of both sides may be the critical factor in swinging the tie the way of the men in blue.

“Steven Gerrard has attracted the likes of Jermain Defoe, and he probably won’t even start in Warsaw because of how good Alfredo Morelos is,” Hateley said.

“When I was around Ibrox as a kid, the dressing room was full of big names and big characters, and it’s great to see them getting back to that. That’s what you need to win titles and to go to these venues in Europe and do well.

“It will be an intimidating atmosphere. Any time I’ve played there, it has been really in your face with fireworks and pyrotechnics. It will be lively for sure.

“Rangers are used to playing in front of 50,000 every other week, so they should handle that. And with the strikers Rangers have, I just think they can outscore Legia and I expect them to go through.”

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17847361.tom-hateley-gives-lowdown-legia-warsaw-tips-Rangers-firepower-see/

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Up the Gary glitter probably :lol:

aye there was loads kicking about our bus. Me and my mate had 6 between us 2 :lol:

Now ye tell me! Small world btw @Billy1984 text me saying Rfc52 is sitting behind you in one ae your pictures   😂 If ad a knew that I’d have traded my likes on RM for keys  a gear 😂

12 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Now ye tell me! Small world btw @Billy1984 text me saying Rfc52 is sitting behind you in one ae your pictures   😂 If ad a knew that I’d have traded my likes on RM for keys  a gear 😂

Ffs :lol:

small world eh?

id been out since the Tuesday, kept going the wednesday and then right back on it again the Thursday. 

was a tough as fuck few days 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Ffs :lol:

small world eh?

id been out since the Tuesday, kept going the wednesday and then right back on it again the Thursday. 

was a tough as fuck few days 

Haha quality man. How’d you end up getting it? Just asking about?

We eventually built up the courage to ask the wee waitress at a cafe in Dusseldorf for it, hoping she wasn’t a German spy. She said 1 hour and the buses left at 1 was gutted we asked 15 mins before we left  😂. Imagine my mental state after that only tae be told our bus toilet didn’t work 15 mins later, pandemonium till the vodka bottles were getting passed about

Archived