*****The Official Legia Warsaw v Rangers Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

The poofiest "intimidating" environment I've ever seen btw :lol:

The same people who argued the atmosphere tonight would have a negative effect on our players are strangely not posting.  I thought the atmosphere was nothing we hadn't already dealt with before.

3 minutes ago, kanjo said:

The same people who argued the atmosphere tonight would have a negative effect on our players are strangely not posting.  I thought the atmosphere was nothing we hadn't already dealt with before.

Atmosphere was like something out a computer game, just like a semi loud drone in the background 

4 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Their fans gave legia it tighter than they gave it to us

3 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

SG said it after the game. We were not attacking enough in the second half.

Must do better at home. Legia are shit as fuck.

Agreed mate and I think they will see a different Rangers at home from an attacking sense.

7 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Aribo wont have dealt with anything like it.. he didnt have a great game either.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Their fans gave legia it tighter than they gave it to us

As I thought they would.  Away games in Eastern Europe tend to be loud before a game starts and just after a goal is scored.  They got 7 yellows tonight and that says it all for the pressure their support put on them.  We soaked it up because we have the experience to deal with it in the league and from Europe last year.

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Aribo wont have dealt with anything like it.. he didnt have a great game either.

I wouldn't attribute the atmosphere to the negative performances tonight.  I think we looked set to not concede and to try and get an away goal.  We came close to both.   

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Played too deep, not the first time it's happened either. 

Frustrates the life out of me when I see him dropping that far back 

Needs to have more confidence to drive at players more often as well because when he does he takes the absolute piss out of them just seemed reluctant to do that at some points tonight. Can’t see him being that poor again next week 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Frustrates the life out of me when I see him dropping that far back 

Needs to have more confidence to drive at players more often as well because when he does he takes the absolute piss out of them just seemed reluctant to do that at some points tonight. Can’t see him being that poor again next week 

I don't know if Gerrard has asked him and Jack to go box to box with Davis sitting in, certainly seemed that way though. 

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Played too deep, not the first time it's happened either. 

4 minutes ago, kanjo said:

I wouldn't attribute the atmosphere to the negative performances tonight.  I think we looked set to not concede and to try and get an away goal.  We came close to both.   

Im not saying that it was the only reason.. he did play to deep and resorted to sideways passes rather than driving forward too often. He definitely looked a bit fazed by the whole affair.. but he is young and inexperienced. I am confident that we will do the job at Ibrox.

8 minutes ago, kanjo said:

As I thought they would.  Away games in Eastern Europe tend to be loud before a game starts and just after a goal is scored.  They got 7 yellows tonight and that says it all for the pressure their support put on them.  We soaked it up because we have the experience to deal with it in the league and from Europe last year.

7 yellows?  

Archived