Let’s play Tavernier at left back!

beararse

EDIT: All I'm getting is the usual  knee jerk insults. Posted elsewhere on this topic a list of right footed left backs so for the hard of thinking i've added them to this post.

Maldini, Lahm, Irwin, Zanetti, Zambrotta, Howedes, Azpilicueta, Breitner, Junior, Brehme...I could go on.

There have been, and are loads of great right footed left backs.

So, why not give it a go?

Crazy, I know but hear me out.

Tav is exceptional at driving forward. He could cut in and shoot across the keeper (eg. that Hibs free kick).

He actually does most of his damage these days tearing through the middle from deep.

He can cut in, create space for one of our many left sided wingers and slide balls from in to out all day long. 

Flanagan is a right back, limited going forward but solid defensively and will surely be more comfortable on the right.

And, before you call me a tit for even suggesting this, consider the right footed players who have excelled as a left back before hitting the keyboard.

Doesn't seem like the daftest suggestion that will appear on Rangersmedia....or is it?

🙂 

13 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

Bloody idiot.

I did say think before you type ....

12 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Ffs man.

Cunts a no well heed

Maldini, Lahm, Zanetti, Zambrotta, Howedes, Azpilicueta....I could go on.

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

Take a player who is really good in one position, put him in a different position he’s never played, in order to shoehorn a player who’s nowhere near as good into the original position? Have I got that right?

Yep. For the possible collective betterment of the team. Never said it would work.

I said ‘why not try it’.

Might get a pleasant surprise. 

Most on here think Tav is shit at defending so I doubt it would matter much what dude he’s on when it comes to his positioning.

As I stated in another reply, there are loads of very good left backs who are right footed. 

Whoever originally thought about playing right footed Philip Lahm as a left back was probably called a tit numerous times 🙂

12 minutes ago, beararse said:

I did say think before you type ....

Maldini, Lahm, Zanetti, Zambrotta, Howedes, Azpilicueta....I could go on.

Shut up

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

Yep. For the possible collective betterment of the team. Never said it would work.

I said ‘why not try it’.

Might get a pleasant surprise. 

Most on here think Tav is shit at defending so I doubt it would matter much what dude he’s on when it comes to his positioning.

As I stated in another reply, there are loads of very good left backs who are right footed. 

Whoever originally thought about playing right footed Philip Lahm as a left back was probably called a tit numerous times 🙂

istockphoto-92054054-612x612.jpg