***2019/20 UEFA Champions League***

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Godfather said:

As are Leipzig doing now. Sold the likes of Werner for 50 odd million while they have a few other players who will comand similar fees. 

Football clubs won't get to be successful in this climate without having hundreds of millions pumped into them like we are seeing all over Europe. 

Any club outwith the usual Footballing power teams have to buy success, that's how it is now. 

Atletico dont get hundreds of millions pumped into the club, though. They have been selling transfer rights etc.. Diego Simeone has really changed a club that was in extreme tax depts. Its worth reading up on Atletico and Gil. How desperate they were for cash only 10 years ago. Selling the transfer rights for the likes of Saul for 1,5m euros etc. They should not be compared to Leipzig, City or PSG.

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Leipzig were always winning that game. Atletico had very little in attack bar Felix. Costa is done at this level, he's as slow as Helander. 

I would rather watch a team go for it rather than a team sitting back hoping to get a few breaks in attack. That mentality cost them 2 finals and that was with their best squad. 

As I say they are a team of diving cheating chancers and Diego was the worst of the lot. Waving imaginary cards after every foul, he should have been sent to the stands. 

As I said.. it was the wrong team tonight. I would always start Morata instead of Costa. Costa has his uses, but tonight was not that night.

47 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Nothing more would sum up the greed and money in football now than RB Leipzig winning the CL. 

Good to have someone different but would’ve much rathered Atalanta or a team like that

Ehh yes and no imo. Certainly a new club that's had money pumped in from a corporation and had good success from it. But their record transfer is still only £26m which is less than most Premier League clubs including Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Southamption, Crystal Palace, Wolves etc.... Feels wrong looking past Man City and PSG who are also still in the competition to use Leipzig as the poster boys for this. Agreed they maybe have more of a direct affiliation to the corporate/commercial investment but in terms of numbers they are nowhere near. They are still very much playing above themselves and certainly won't have "bought" the trophy if they happened to go on to win it

15 hours ago, johanhentze said:

As I said.. it was the wrong team tonight. I would always start Morata instead of Costa. Costa has his uses, but tonight was not that night.

Don’t care who it was mate up front for Atletico. That fucking boy Upemecano for Leipzig is some fucking player. 

Archived