*****The Official St Mirren v Rangers Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

17 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

honestly think that 6min is just plain cheating

zero idea where even half of that would come from

McGregor and Borna, 90 seconds. Their injury at 50 mins was 90 seconds as I checked at the time as was already nervous we would need the time. Plus 5 subs and some water breaks. Totally spot on with 6 mins. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I can if they make virtually no attempt to actually win the game. 

The point of the game is to score goals. 

You can, but I think it’s ridiculous. Plenty of teams play the way St Mirren do against big teams (rightfully IMO). What are they meant to do? Be expansive and take a beating just because people have this fantastical idea about how games play out and how football should be played?

We got to a UEFA Cup final setting up to basically play for penalties with the hope that we might possibly nick a goal.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

You can, but I think it’s ridiculous. Plenty of teams play the way St Mirren do against big teams (rightfully IMO). What are they meant to do? Be expansive and take a beating just because people have this fantastical idea about how games play out and how football should be played?

We got to a UEFA Cup final setting up to basically play for penalties with the hope that we might possibly nick a goal.

They make at least a credible attempt to play football and score a goal. 

We had 89mins of just punt it back to Rangers and get everyone behind the ball. 

And yes some of our performances on the way Manchester were cringeworthy but what do you know we scored enough goals to get there, wouldn’t have done that with 0-0 every game. 

30 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

As far as I recall it for the Christian faith Sunday is the beginning of the week.  These days its probably not a big point.     In my world though, Sunday is the beginning of the week. 

Us athiests hate Sunday as you can't buy drinks at the off licence or wee shop  until 12:30.

45 minutes ago, fernando0606 said:

Jack was best player on the park.

Other than his goal Borna didnt offer much.

Kamara poor, some slack passing. 

Tavs crossing was very poor.

Thought Defoe was good, should have scored early though.

Aribo was good.

Jones was quiet.

I thought arfield's first touch was poor all game. 

Archived