*****The Official St Mirren v Rangers Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All that matters is 3pts, put the pressure on the unwashed and then pump them at Ibrox  in the Old Firm game. Then Lennon will know what pressure is - If we can safeguard passage into Europa League group stage don’t be surprised to see Kent announced before deadline day......

On 22/08/2019 at 21:54, ForeverAndEver said:

Foderingham

Tavernier Goldson Katic me

Jack Kamara Aribo

Arfield Jones

Morelos

Good to see you’ve picked yourself at left back for the morra, I’ll bring my boots too just in case your fucked by half time 

Cannot wait to get back to the football as Thursday night seems an age ago.

I think this will be a tricky game, glad the weather looks to be decent as well because in horrible conditions it's a shite place for football. 

We'll start slowly but get ahead before half time and then control the game from there. I can see the lessons of Kilmarnock being learnt, or at least I hope so.

2-0 to Rangers

So what's the consensus? Should we play Morelos. Personally I think it is negative not to play him in case he gets suspended for the OF match. He seems a lot more mature and wiser this year. He makes my starting 11 tomorrow.

St Mirren have been half decent so far and have tried to break quickly on the counter in the first 2 games. I suspect they will come with the exact same tactic here, but I can’t see them being able to over come the quality we will have in midfield. Kamara is the key, he should be able to dictate the play even with 11 St Mirren players behind the ball. 

They do have a lot of pace going forward so will be interesting to see how far we allow the full backs to roam when attacking. 

3-1 Gers in a tight but ultimately comfortable game is my shout. 

Archived