*****The Official St Mirren v Rangers Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

7 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I’d extend that to the first 90 as well!

Goal fit to win any match though.....

Yes I could agree with that as well, it is just the fact once you are in the last few minutes there is no way back to three points.

As a few have said we would probably have drawn or lost that game last season, so it is good to see that did not happen. 

Roll on Thursday. 👍 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Reformation Bear said:

I may be wrong here but as I recall it for many Sunday is not the end of a week its the start of a week so I think you are correct.   

We can take this to the OT mate but Sunday is the end of the week. Anything else is just wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

The replay showed he got tripped by his own player and Helander got booked.! 

🤣

A mere technicality to BBC Scotland ... Guy was playing for Rangers, deserved to get sent off regardless. 

4 minutes ago, cascadeshrimp said:

Good enough,bring on Legia

Helander did ok,did nothing wrong imo but needs to put on some beef

Happy for Borna,what a hit

Jones very quiet and nothing worked out for him today

Aribo is really getting into his stride now,love it

Tav was much better 

We really miss big Katic in the air at BOTH ends

Agree, just add to that Defoe didn’t have his striking boots on today. Another day, he’d have put those two chances away. 

4 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Mate I am not trying to argue with people here. All I am saying is I don’t think any Rangers player should be blessing themselves on the pitch.

it’s disrespectful to what our club stands for and the tradition and heritage of our club.

What tradition and heritage?

Catholics who signed for Rangers before Maurice Johnston include, before the end of World War I: Pat Lafferty (1886), Tom Dunbar (1891–1892), J Tutty (1899–1900), Archie Kyle (1904–1908), Willie Kivlichan (1906–1907), Colin Mainds (1906–1907), Tom Murray (1907–1908), William Brown (1912), Joe Donnachie (circa.1914–1918) and John Jackson (1917). Thereafter, Catholic players prior to Mo Johnston's signing include: Laurie Blyth (1951–1952), Don Kitchenbrand (1955–1956), Hugh O'Neill (1976), John Spencer (1985–1992) (Bill Murray)...The list goes on.

Just now, pollok-bear said:

Mate a am getting a lot of angry responses from other posters. I don’t get why as I am just saying from my point of view a Rangers player should not be doing that.

In the grande scheme of what’s happening to our club in this day and age, that’s not big deal mate in all honesty you can say he should do it away from view but what difference does that make hes still a catholic an still blessing himself 

now if you have a problem with catholic’s representing us that’s a battle lost long ago, best try fighting the ones that can be won not the ones that just make us look daft

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

I may be wrong here but as I recall it for many Sunday is not the end of a week its the start of a week so I think you are correct.   

No No No No we ain’t having that argument thank you very much. 😂😂

Up there with Ready or Aye Ready or the classic Rangers or The Rangers. 

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

We can take this to the OT mate but Sunday is the end of the week. Anything else is just wrong. 

As far as I recall it for the Christian faith Sunday is the beginning of the week.  These days its probably not a big point.     In my world though, Sunday is the beginning of the week. 

Defoe should have had 2 goals today and some of the bigger players had an off day, But happy we got the result, Of the 2 away games so far we need to be more clinical still not putting them to bed  like we should be.

Archived