*****The Official St Mirren v Rangers Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

What is your point here ya fud?

What he's saying mate is with reference to your comment re 1690, the victory for William of Orange was a victory for freedom of religion meaning freedom to practice whatever religion you followed without any repercussions.

3 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

What tradition and heritage?

Catholics who signed for Rangers before Maurice Johnston include, before the end of World War I: Pat Lafferty (1886), Tom Dunbar (1891–1892), J Tutty (1899–1900), Archie Kyle (1904–1908), Willie Kivlichan (1906–1907), Colin Mainds (1906–1907), Tom Murray (1907–1908), William Brown (1912), Joe Donnachie (circa.1914–1918) and John Jackson (1917). Thereafter, Catholic players prior to Mo Johnston's signing include: Laurie Blyth (1951–1952), Don Kitchenbrand (1955–1956), Hugh O'Neill (1976), John Spencer (1985–1992) (Bill Murray)...The list goes on.

He’s angry not because he’s a pape, he’s angry because he crossed himself, I just feel sorry that they are so brainwashed they feel the need to do it but that’s their choice.

But I don’t give a toss as long as they do the business 

1 minute ago, Darrenmt7 said:

Defoe should have had 2 goals today and some of the bigger players had an off day, But happy we got the result, Of the 2 away games so far we need to be more clinical still not putting them to bed  like we should be.

Had Defoe scored the 1st chance,we'd have had a different game imo.

Wasn’t pretty but we won. 

Never listened to the after match by I take it was the brave St Mirren almost held out in a great defensive display. 

Instead of a team that actually played a game not to lose never looked like they wanted to win and got what they deserved. 

12 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Mate I am not trying to argue with people here. All I am saying is I don’t think any Rangers player should be blessing themselves on the pitch.

it’s disrespectful to what our club stands for and the tradition and heritage of our club.

Our club is not anti-catholic so why would it be disrespectful?  Kinda living in the past a bit, mate.

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Wasn’t pretty but we won. 

Never listened to the after match by I take it was the brave St Mirren almost held out in a great defensive display. 

Instead of a team that actually played a game not to lose never looked like they wanted to win and got what they deserved. 

You can’t criticise a team for playing to their strengths to try and get a result for themselves. Why would a team like St Mirren come out and try to go toe to toe with us. They would get destroyed and everybody knows it.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

You can’t criticise a team for playing to their strengths to try and get a result for themselves. Why would a team like St Mirren come out and try to go toe to toe with us. They would get destroyed and everybody knows it.

I can if they make virtually no attempt to actually win the game. 

The point of the game is to score goals. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I can if they make virtually no attempt to actually win the game. 

The point of the game is to score goals. 

They should have scored towards the end. 

Archived