Sign in to follow this  
ForeverAndEver

*****The Official St Mirren v Rangers Thread*****

Jack outstanding, best midfielder in the country. 

Was impressed with Helander, postionally if anything. 

Job done is all we could ask for. 

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

You can’t criticise a team for playing to their strengths to try and get a result for themselves. Why would a team like St Mirren come out and try to go toe to toe with us. They would get destroyed and everybody knows it.

I can if they make virtually no attempt to actually win the game. 

The point of the game is to score goals. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They should have scored towards the end. 

17 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

honestly think that 6min is just plain cheating

zero idea where even half of that would come from

McGregor and Borna, 90 seconds. Their injury at 50 mins was 90 seconds as I checked at the time as was already nervous we would need the time. Plus 5 subs and some water breaks. Totally spot on with 6 mins. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You can, but I think it’s ridiculous. Plenty of teams play the way St Mirren do against big teams (rightfully IMO). What are they meant to do? Be expansive and take a beating just because people have this fantastical idea about how games play out and how football should be played?

We got to a UEFA Cup final setting up to basically play for penalties with the hope that we might possibly nick a goal.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

You can, but I think it’s ridiculous. Plenty of teams play the way St Mirren do against big teams (rightfully IMO). What are they meant to do? Be expansive and take a beating just because people have this fantastical idea about how games play out and how football should be played?

We got to a UEFA Cup final setting up to basically play for penalties with the hope that we might possibly nick a goal.

They make at least a credible attempt to play football and score a goal. 

We had 89mins of just punt it back to Rangers and get everyone behind the ball. 

And yes some of our performances on the way Manchester were cringeworthy but what do you know we scored enough goals to get there, wouldn’t have done that with 0-0 every game. 

30 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

As far as I recall it for the Christian faith Sunday is the beginning of the week.  These days its probably not a big point.     In my world though, Sunday is the beginning of the week. 

Us athiests hate Sunday as you can't buy drinks at the off licence or wee shop  until 12:30.

BlueAvenger likes this