*****The Official St Mirren v Rangers Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

2 hours ago, tm91 said:

Only one Glaswegian football club was founded to represent a particular community.  It wasn't us.

We're about winning football games. Borna Barisic has won us a game. If he wants to bless himself, he can.

Defoe blessed himself during the East Fife game.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tav frustrate the life out of me. Delivered a good ball for Aribo’s header and delivered a couple of decent other corners but his delivery outwith that are absolutely woeful  9/10 times, don’t care what anybody says. It’s a sheer lack of intelligence, the amount of times he got the ball, looked up and still over hit it to absolutely no cunt at the back post is mind boggling, would be as well shooting ffs. Thought Aribo was off the boil today but still got involved plenty, just wasn’t his day. Jones was nonexistent, no two ways about it, he contributed nothing. 

Bright side though I thought Helander strolled it. If there is to be a new partnership I hope it’s him and Katic. Barasic looked fine. Jack was okay at best. Kamara, meh, still not getting the hype tbh. Defoe should’ve buried that chance inside 3 minutes. Not a great game, nervy towards the end but we got the 3 points and that’s the main thing. 

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Tav frustrate the life out of me. Delivered a good ball for Aribo’s header and delivered a couple of decent other corners but his delivery outwith that are absolutely woeful  9/10 times, don’t care what anybody says. It’s a sheer lack of intelligence, the amount of times he got the ball, looked up and still over hit it to absolutely no cunt at the back post is mind boggling, would be as well shooting ffs. Thought Aribo was off the boil today but still got involved plenty, just wasn’t his day. Jones was nonexistent, no two ways about it, he contributed nothing. 

Bright side though I thought Helander strolled it. If there is to be a new partnership I hope it’s him and Katic. Barasic looked fine. Jack was okay at best. Kamara, meh, still not getting the hype tbh. Defoe should’ve buried that chance inside 3 minutes. Not a great game, nervy towards the end but we got the 3 points and that’s the main thing. 

He put some brilliant balls in today but hardly anyone gambled. Jones being the worst culprit for not going for them

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Jack strolled it and was by far motm.😂

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

He also made a great cross for Arfield's glancing header. I watched David Robertson over hit a few crosses yesterday. When you don't have out and out wingers, those crosses tend to look bad.

Kamara has been off the boil so far but the hype is justified. He is good.

2 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Defoe 😉

On my way back home from holiday. Missed the first half thanks to the time difference. We looked pretty poor. Thank god for that free kick!

How did the time difference make you miss the game? It still would have been played at the same time 🤪

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Yes I could agree with that as well, it is just the fact once you are in the last few minutes there is no way back to three points.

As a few have said we would probably have drawn or lost that game last season, so it is good to see that did not happen. 

Roll on Thursday. 👍 

Yes - different challenge - hope they’re ‘on it’!

2 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

That's as may be.  I'm assuming the thing that will (or should) be worrying Gerrard a whole lot more is why, despite all the summer spending and despite all the ore-season efforts, the players on the pitch are nowhere near ruthless enough in taking the very good goal scoring chances that the play has created.   Point being, the game would be well beyond any risk of StM getting a consolation which might have turned out to be an equaliser.      I don't know how he does it but Gerrard needs to somehow get from the players a far better return of goals scored to chances created.  

Absolutely - we’re two shocking (opposing) touches from a combined distance of 6 yards or less from being 4 points behind.

They fucking packed their defence with every single player. In the 25th minute it looked like the 93rd minute and they were hanging on.

Barca woulda struggled to create In a game like that. There was nowhere on the park to move 

When Defoe got the ball in the first half and turned the st mirren player there was another ,4 circling him ffs.

Can people no just take the win, the fact we are a game away from the group stages again and still unbeaten in all competitions as a positive rather than expecting every game to be the same as the Hibs one?

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

They fucking packed their defence with every single player. In the 25th minute it looked like the 93rd minute and they were hanging on.

Barca woulda struggled to create In a game like that. There was nowhere on the park to move 

When Defoe got the ball in the first half and turned the st mirren player there was another ,4 circling him ffs.

Can people no just take the win, the fact we are a game away from the group stages again and still unbeaten in all competitions as a positive rather than expecting every game to be the same as the Hibs one?

If we had a player capable of taking shots from the edge of the box  it could have been an easier game unfortunatley they fell to Jack.

13 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

He put some brilliant balls in today but hardly anyone gambled. Jones being the worst culprit for not going for them

Agree. Launching balls to the back post and no one there. We badly lacked creativity on the left hand side. No a clue what position Jones was playing.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

If we had a player capable of taking shots from the edge of the box  it could have been an easier game unfortunatley they fell to Jack.

We did, aribo, jack, goldson, and Defoe iirc all did. 

The keeper made a worldie from jack. Was going right in the corner 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

We did, aribo, jack, goldson, and Defoe iirc all did. 

The keeper made a worldie from jack. Was going right in the corner 

Neither troubled the keeper bar Jack effort but his reluctance to shoot is a problem.

19 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

How did the time difference make you miss the game? It still would have been played at the same time 🤪

Phone said KO was 1-15 when I asked Google.  I assumed this was uk time, but google had translated it to French time.

Archived