*****The Official St Mirren v Rangers Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

8 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Just actually looking, until the day st Mirren has the best defence in the league, only one conceeded, you can see why they were hard to break down.   That’s a good win for us on the face of it. 

Didn't realise that until my youngest boy pointed it out just before kick off. Made me worry a bit to be honest, hence the reason even a one nil feels like a great result.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

They were very organised, the keeper is decent. They knew we'd be tired and played for a 0-0 anyway. I'm more than happy we just found a way to win. 

Yeah very happy to get that win today. 

Games like today cost us last season. Being unable to break down sides with everyone behind the ball.

Hopefully we've got the consistency now to keep breaking these sides down. 

15 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Yeah very happy to get that win today. 

Games like today cost us last season. Being unable to break down sides with everyone behind the ball.

Hopefully we've got the consistency now to keep breaking these sides down. 

I actually think that's the most defensive I've seen a team v us in years 

31 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Just actually looking, until the day st Mirren has the best defence in the league, only one conceeded, you can see why they were hard to break down.   That’s a good win for us on the face of it. 

Spot on I knew it would be tight the day I had us to win but to score less than three goals. My tenner got me back £26 

They played most of the game without any intention of actually trying to play football and barely changed anything even after we scored. I can't stand hearing that cretin Craigan on BT just about creaming his pants whenever one of their 10 defenders launched the ball 70 yards into our empty half of the pitch whenever they got a sniff of the ball and then lauding it as if it was a remarkable piece of artistry. Obviously this isn't a new thing but i hate seeing these team's purposely try to make these games as bad as possible to watch and don't care that fans - including their own - have paid good money and travelled to watch a game of football. They don't want anybody to be entertained, and then they wonder why nobody watches our league. This needs to stop being applauded and idiots like Sutton and Craigan need to shut up and fuck right off.

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

So true, so many folk huff and fucking puff from the stand without realising how difficult it actually is to beat a team with 11 men behind the ball. 

A team that still dont change it even after going a goal down too :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Don’t think they were any worse than Killie last season 

They didn't even have an out all for huge periods of the game ffs. Killie would always leave at least one up top.

Their CF played like a CB at times 

25 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I actually think that's the most defensive I've seen a team v us in years 

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen any team line up that defensively. 

Any time we had possession they immediately fell back into a back 8 with two sweeping in front. 

Just now, Creampuff said:

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen any team line up that defensively. 

Any time we had possession they immediately fell back into a back 8 with two sweeping in front. 

Their striker played like a wee guy ripping the piss on pro clubs drop in match :lol:

StM executed their game plan well though and have started the season better than expected - so nobody can blame Godwin’s tactics. I don’t think the fans care if the football is entertaining so long as they get results. Same with us, right?  Walter took a lot of criticism back in the 9iar era, but he or we wouldn’t have changed a thing. 

5 hours ago, pollok-bear said:

Hero til he blessed himself fucking get the cunt to fuck.  Catholic bastard

You have got to be joking?

There's more than one sect of the Christian religion that bless themselves and from the region he comes from there is a fair chance he's Orthodox, not that it really matters.

Just enjoy the lead up to him crossing himself;

Free Kick,

Barisic's  left foot strikes ball,

Ball in top corner of goal,

1-O to Rangers

Which all ends up with us getting 3 points, just enjoy it!

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Aye but hs status grows the longer he doesn't play. 

When he resigns he's going to have massive expectations now on his shoulders to perform literally every single game. Have a feeling that he will be a let down to a lot of people in here when he struggled in a lot of tighter games 

It’s always going to be difficult to break down teams that set out to defend and frustrate but the speed of our passing especially in midfield makes it harder.

Taking 3-4 touches to pass or making 3-4 passes to get from player A to B when it could be done with 1 or 2 if the players were a bit quicker would help us. We take so long that anytime space opens or the opposition are out of position they get enough time to get back into shape and close gaps.

Hopefully King gets up to speed and maybe adds a bit more from an attacking sense in these types of games.

13 minutes ago, rbt1548 said:

You have got to be joking?

There's more than one sect of the Christian religion that bless themselves and from the region he comes from there is a fair chance he's Orthodox, not that it really matters.

Just enjoy the lead up to him crossing himself;

Free Kick,

Barisic's  left foot strikes ball,

Ball in top corner of goal,

1-O to Rangers

Which all ends up with us getting 3 points, just enjoy it!

That was a very diplomatic and kind reply. Not that the Neanderthal deserves it. 

6 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Yaaasss up ye fucking haters

What a goal from HIDER.... 🤣🤣🤣🤣

And many others. He hides though 🙄

Raging caused we scored ya fat taig?

Still obsessed with other posters even when we’ve just scored lol

35 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

That was a very diplomatic and kind reply. Not that the Neanderthal deserves it. 

Neanderthal or not, remember we are , "everyone, anyone", I would imagine that includes Neanderthals.😁

Archived