*****The Official St Mirren v Rangers Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, James Rolle said:

Watching a carbon copy right now -Barca 90% possession and 1-0 down from the one counter that Betis have had. Missing Messi clearly. 

Maybe we need to respect how hard it can be at times. Leiga have to come and play so I'm expecting us to flourish.

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

I actually think that's the most defensive I've seen a team v us in years 

Aberdeen at the tail end of last season when Tav scored the two penalties. Don’t think they even registered a shot.

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Maybe we need to respect how hard it can be at times. Leiga have to come and play so I'm expecting us to flourish.

They won't. They'll feel 1 goal will be enough for them and probably will feel confident of preventing us from scoring 2. We'll be the ones going all out and we'll need to be switched on at the back.

2 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Don’t think they were any worse than Killie last season 

We went down to 10 men when Barasic got treatment and they still retreated and weren't interested in challenging whilst we leisurely knocked the ball about til Borna came back on. Never, ever seen that tbh.

Just now, Getstiffed said:

They won't. They'll feel 1 goal will be enough for them and probably will feel confident of preventing us from scoring 2. We'll be the ones going all out and we'll need to be switched on at the back.

they need a goal to beat us so they have to attack. St Mirren had no intention of trying to score. It will be a completely different game than today.

Just now, bluenoz said:

they need a goal to beat us so they have to attack. St Mirren had no intention of trying to score. It will be a completely different game than today.

I don't think completely different mate. They will defo look to hit us on the break but they won't be pressing us in our half or playing with their fullbacks pushed on. 

3 minutes ago, Misteral said:

The hardest thing in football is to get the ball in the back of the net so I'm grateful for that cracking free kick today. If it takes a set piece to beat a team that parks it then I'm happy to take it. 

Said it plenty of times on here the one thing Walter and Wee Dick (and Eck to an extent) had that most of the recent managers never had was the luxury of one or two players who could produce a bit of magic to break the deadlock in tight games.

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We went down to 10 men when Barasic got treatment and they still retreated and weren't interested in challenging whilst we leisurely knocked the ball about til Borna came back on. Never, ever seen that tbh.

I still do not understand why we packed the midfield and ended up with 3 defensive midfielders and 1 upfront after we went ahead. celtic would have done the opposite and added to their goal difference. In the end it was far tighter than it should have been.

12 hours ago, James Rolle said:

Watching a carbon copy right now -Barca 90% possession and 1-0 down from the one counter that Betis have had. Missing Messi clearly. 

I’ve just been at the Barca game. Literally sitting in KFC on La Rambla. And it’s true, Barca were struggling to break them down first half and things just weren’t falling for them in the box.

But they came out 2nd like a team possessed, speeded up the passing/directness and voila, blew them away. Was something else to see in the flesh. And that was them without Messi, Suarez and Dembele...

Archived