Why doesnt Gerrard like subs!

berkshirebear

Something Walter Smith used to do a lot, things weren’t going wrong as such so Gerrard didn’t change anything which he’s done a few times in similar situations to tonight’s game.

Would like us to be more pro active but he was obviously happy with the 0-0 tonight 

The most obvious one was Jones for Ojo. However, it's really hard to get up to match speed in a game like that. Had we already scored, I think Jones would have been on. However, it was also clear both teams had the measure of each other and cancelled each others threats out. I think SG in particular probably was happier of the two with a 0-0....especially away. 

Had he made changes and we had lost, wouldn't have gone down too well.  Eitehr way he was going to be criticised.

I wanted Jones on myself last 20. Ojo was knackered and Arfield doesnt have the legs to run away from anyone. There was more space to operate in late in the game. To be fair we had fell out the game by them and didnt look like scoring.

An away goal would pretty much have got us one foot in the group stages. I understand he didnt want to lose a goal but changing a wide player wouldnt have made us defensively weaker imo.

1 minute ago, Bearsden bear said:

I wanted Jones on myself last 20. Ojo was knackered and Arfield doesnt have the legs to run away from anyone. There was more space to operate in late in the game. To be fair we had fell out the game by them and didnt look like scoring.

An away goal would pretty much have got us one foot in the group stages. I understand he didnt want to lose a goal but changing a wide player wouldnt have made us defensively weaker imo.

If anything Jones would’ve made us a bit more solid defensively, Ojo barely tracks when he has energy never mind when he was shattered 

Just now, berkshirebear said:

Because I want the club to maximise our potential?? 

Love keyboard warriors like you who claim everyone is suspect when they voice an opinion..

It's no a keyboard warrior ya moron :lol;

anycunt that doesn't know about us and SD is a moron or a taig at it 

7 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

Not sure 0-0 is such a great result with the away goals rule to be honest. 

Why....it makes it simple go and win the game....at 1-1 each you can be fooled into thinking a 0-0 and you are through....our task is straightforward just win regardless the score

Just now, berkshirebear said:

Yeah not Alex fergusom ever used a sub... 

It wasn't the game to change things. That team did great under an extremely difficult environment. I haven't had a chance to listen to Gerrard's post game comment yet but I guess it will be similar.  

Calling a regular on here a keyboard warrior is a disgrace.