Why doesnt Gerrard like subs!

berkshirebear

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Why....it makes it simple go and win the game....at 1-1 each you can be fooled into thinking a 0-0 and you are through....our task is straightforward just win regardless the score

Score draw and we're out. Not saying its a bad result but don't think Ojo is so indespensible that we couldn't have given Jones a go (especially with his recent form) Best form of defence being attack and all that!! 

Meh. He was clearly happy with a 0-0 draw to take back to Ibrox. I’m glad he’s got the confidence in his squad to feel he can do that but the sub thing has irked me in the past. We know what we need to do next week though and we’re in a good position to do so. 

Just now, Bearsden bear said:

I love Gerrard but the lack or lateness of subs is going to hurt us sooner or later. We looked spent and were hanging on for a 0-0 at best.

In the end 0-0 is a good result but imo we looked a poorer team in the 2nd half and barely threatened.

Felt we really needed fresh legs on to turn the tide a bit when they got on top. Jones and Kamara are the 2 I’d have gone for around 60 minutes with Arfield & Ojo off and  Aribo pushing up into Arfields role but at least we got through a tough end to the game without conceding 

Just now, berkshirebear said:

I hope im wrong and we get through next week and win the league, just a bit worried by the lack of pro active subs in games. 

It looked like we were playing for the draw rather than going for the win at the end.

Can see why nothing was changed.

But personally I would have brought Jones on.

I’ll be nervous going in to next week. Want us to hit them hard very early on and go a goal up quickly.

Just now, Denton said:

It looked like we were playing for the draw rather than going for the win at the end.

Can see why nothing was changed.

But personally I would have brought Jones on.

I’ll be nervous going in to next week. Want us to hit them hard very early on and go a goal up quickly.

I can't see how anyone can seriously argue that a knackered player is better on the pitch than someone raring to go unless it's obviously ronaldo or some other talisman. Not sure Ojo is that player yet. 

1 minute ago, berkshirebear said:

I can't see how anyone can seriously argue that a knackered player is better on the pitch than someone raring to go unless it's obviously ronaldo or some other talisman. Not sure Ojo is that player yet. 

Watch the game again a watch what Ojo did at the 88 or 89th minute mark.  Time for you to go to your bed young man. You talk shite.

Just now, bluenoz said:

Watch the game again a watch what Ojo did at the 88 or 89th minute mark.  Time for you to go to your bed young man. You talk shite.

If you’re talking about what I think you are he got cleaned out by the defender on the right wing after just about nicking the ball then ran the clock down for a minute being on the deck 

Nothing a player with fresh legs couldn’t have done 

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

If you’re talking about what I think you are he got cleaned out by the defender on the right wing after just about nicking the ball then ran the clock down for a minute being on the deck 

Nothing a player with fresh legs couldn’t have done 

He backtracked ( on the right wing ) and won a throw in. Yes he probably was done on his feet but he won that tackle!

Ojo is the new whipping boy with some

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

He backtracked ( on the right wing ) and won a throw in. Yes he probably was done on his feet but he won that tackle!

I’m not saying he was bad tonight, he put in a good shift for 60-70 but he was spent, Jones could’ve had some serious joy against that full back 

Havent seen many people criticise him tonight, just state they’d have preferred he got subbed 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Not criticising Ojo, I'm having a wee moan about Gerrard lack of subs costing us in numerous games, and his apparent lack of learning from these games.