Why doesnt Gerrard like subs!

berkshirebear

1 hour ago, loyalfollower said:

While I was thinking he should also have made a sub when it looked like around 70 mins the game was going away from us, I can see why he chose to stick rather than twist.  Also imagine the bedlam in this place if he made a sub and it turned out the wrong decision!  He’d have been slaughtered on here for making the change so the manager can’t really win.

0-0 is a lot better than losing 1-0 and with the home tie next we should be confident of scoring twice if we look back at our home games in the competition so far.   

Is that not the perfect time to bring on the likes of Jones for a tiring Ojo though?

Gives us a player who is fresh enough to carry the ball 20-30 yards up the park due to his pace and help take the pressure off  and gives us a player who could get in behind them on the counter attack.

A lot of managers don't make subs early enough and I've never understood. Obviously the players on the bench aren't considered as good as the ones on the pitch, or they wouldn't be on the bench.

However the will be rested and ready to go whereas the first choices will be starting to flag. I always like to see fresh legs around the 60 min mark.

I never knew some people here had taken all their coaching badges, won the champions league, eufa cup, supercup, FA cup and some of their old bosses were very knowledgeable football men.

I thought a couple of changes could have been made earlier in the game yes, but I will take Stevie Gs knowledge of the team and players over mine for the reasons stated above.

Championship manager has a lot to answer for these days with all these junior Mourinhos and Gerrards kicking about forums.

8 minutes ago, SpicyJelly said:

I never knew some people here had taken all their coaching badges, won the champions league, eufa cup, supercup, FA cup and some of their old bosses were very knowledgeable football men.

I thought a couple of changes could have been made earlier in the game yes, but I will take Stevie Gs knowledge of the team and players over mine for the reasons stated above.

Championship manager has a lot to answer for these days with all these junior Mourinhos and Gerrards kicking about forums.

Not sure you should visit Forums, if you don't like people voicing opinions tbh. 

8 minutes ago, SpicyJelly said:

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, SpicyJelly said:

So a player who has been very successful and worked under great managers will now know it all in his 2nd year as a manager? 

He got criticised for aspects of his management last season, unsurprising as we won fuck all. But in August of his 2nd season he's miraculously turned into a managerial guru we should all observe but not comment on?  Dont talk shite.

Thanks for visiting, now fuck off back to FF or KDS where you've come from.

It's such a Scottish mentality to be satisfied so easily, honestly glad to have been raised in England as they expect more from life!! They'll be people on here thinking we should have played the Levein 5-5-0 formation!! We were playing Legia Warsaw not Real Madrid!!! 

2 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

It's such a Scottish mentality to be satisfied so easily, honestly glad to have been raised in England as they expect more from life!! They'll be people on here thinking we should have played the Levein 5-5-0 formation!! We were playing Legia Warsaw not Real Madrid!!! 

2 minutes ago, SpicyJelly said:

Guru ?

Who used that word ? 

I thinks thats a word Championship manager keeps for you when you've won the SPL  and Champions League 3 seasons in a row 😂

Over to you "Guru"

:lol:

7 minutes ago, SpicyJelly said:

To be honest I've only posted a joke and your calling me a 'Taig' and telling me to fuck off etc.

Your very aggressive for no reason.....has your wife ever told you that ?

Or do the black eyes keep her quiet 

Strange comment to make for a newbie

You stick to riding  yer sister and blackening your mothers eyes.

1 hour ago, SpicyJelly said:

People have had opinions and had discussions on what managers and players have done rightly or wrongly since the day that football was invented. Having a glittering CV doesn’t mean that a person won’t make mistakes and it doesn’t mean they are immune from criticism either.