Punishment From Fenians

BridgeIsBlue

Just now, RJMcGregor said:

I don't think any of our fans actually think it's racist (if they do i'll say it now, fenian isn't a race) more just that's how it will be percieved by the outside world

The UEFA announcement specifically says “Racist”

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Get to fuck with that 

12 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Welcomed? Its welcomed to stop cunts who haven't sung the apparent racist or whatever songs they've took offence to from going to a match

Fucking hell

3 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

F**k Off

Thanks for playing guys

41 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

It’s not about wanting to sing naughty songs. It’s about freedom of speech. This cannot be spun any other way. Fenian is not a derogatory word. It is a descriptive word they use to describe themselves. 

By all means let’s cut out the naughty songs but then get every other support on a level playing Field. 

I am offended by Orc, I am offended by H**, I am offended by orange bastard, I am offended by any word that is followed by bastard in fact. So once every single football club stops singing any song with those words in them then it will be balanced 

It is when you add bastard or blood.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/disciplinary/index.html

Looking at the dates of the others it probably wasn’t held back etc. Also what we’ve received looks the minimum punishment, fines seem to always accompany partial stadium closures. They’ve probably increased the punishments from previous seasons.

Just now, Bakbear said:

The UEFA announcement specifically says “Racist”

I know that, my point is that even though singing about fenians isn't racist, to the outsider who doesn't know the ins and outs,  they will see the headline of Rangers fans singing racists songs and conclude that we were actually singing racist songs. And that's the point the damage is basically done with the accusation yet some fans continually sing songs that repeatedly get us in shit, and we all know theres wolves waiting in the wings to just take a bite out of us at any time

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Rangers has been ordered by UEFA to close a section of Ibrox Stadium for the return leg of the club’s Europa League play-off tie against Legia Warsaw on Thursday, August 29.

UEFA has ruled that a group of Rangers supporters were guilty of racist behaviour – which includes sectarian singing – during the match against St Joseph’s at Ibrox on July 18.

Our supporters have been asked repeatedly by the Club to refrain from indulging in this, and other forms of unacceptable behaviour. Sadly, the warnings have fallen on deaf ears and the actions of this minority will cause the Club and the majority of good and decent Rangers supporters to pay a heavy penalty.

UEFA has ruled that a section, or sections containing no fewer than 3000 seats must be shut off during the club’s next European match, which is the home match against Legia Warsaw. The area, or areas to be closed will be announced in due course and the Club will do its best to restrict the impact to offending supporters.

Unfortunately a significant number of supporters, innocent of any wrong doing, will be unable to attend next week’s match. This is deeply regrettable to all at the Club and we hope that the guilty parties, who attracted the attention of UEFA might reflect on the damage their unacceptable behaviour is causing Rangers and their fellow supporters.

If any individual supporter is unable to behave in a civilised manner then please stay away from Ibrox and our Club. You are harming Rangers and that is something a genuine supporter would never wish to do.

Rangers chairman Dave King stated: “Rangers is a club open to all and we will continue to convey this message at every opportunity through our Everyone Anyone initiative.

“Rangers has players and supporters from many religions, cultures and backgrounds but we are one and the same when we gather to support our club. If any supporter cannot accept that then Rangers is not the club for them”.

From Rangers website.

Thanks mate. I was a bit slow in wht you were meaning initially but I get you now 

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It just seems as if this has been held back for a reason, and with Liewell having influence in UEFA I smell a rat, this game was played on the 18th of July and we have played two home games in the competition since, I have no doubt this has been done for maximum effect for our last game.  Bastards. 

Excellent point mate.  I have no doubt there are dark forces at work.

I am totally disgusted at the club's response, but unsurprised, such has been their MO since the current board taking power.

Ibrox will still be rocking and we will still secure a victory.

2 minutes ago, RJMcGregor said:

I know that, my point is that even though singing about fenians isn't racist, to the outsider who doesn't know the ins and outs,  they will see the headline of Rangers fans singing racists songs and conclude that we were actually singing racist songs. And that's the point the damage is basically done with the accusation yet some fans continually sing songs that repeatedly get us in shit, and we all know theres wolves waiting in the wings to just take a bite out of us at any time

Accusations are not proof,this needs challenged,maybe send them a copy of the Oxford dictionary.

24 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Fucking shocking, the scum have been doing far worse every year and there's never been talk of shutting the pedo dome, we on the other hand are shut down straight away, fucking stinks this carry on, bent bastards worried sick we've now got our act together, let's win this fucking league and dine out on their misery. #55

The only way to hurts bastards is to fucking slaughter them on the 1st.

Fucking corrupt cunts the lot of them!!!

1 minute ago, Virtuoso said:

I'm assuming (maybe wrongly) that it will be the section where the UB are that is closed??

Well we've already lost BF4/5 to the away fans so will likely be the remaining BF that's closed so BF 1/2/3 

Sadly I'm in BF3 so am fucked lol

19 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

The ones blaming the club are the ones singing the songs. Neanderthals. This is long overdue and welcomed imo.

Fuck me , ridiculous statement , who needs enemies when we have supporters like this.

The board better get a statement out and challenge this , they fenian bastards get all sorts of fines every year and have never had any part of their ground closed.

Theres more going on in the background here and the club better get to the root of it.......

Archived