Punishment From Fenians

BridgeIsBlue

We have known this day had been coming for years.

Other clubs have been hit and we wont be the last.

I am annoyed because I might not see next Thursdays match.

The line must be drawn on the sand we know what we shouldnt sing so we dont.

In future I hope we can all get to Ibrox and watch the footie.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See cunts blaming the UB for this they are fucking clueless, I’m in BF1 and the majority of times songs like super Rangers or the Billy boys is sung it gets started from the back of the stand not the front where the UB stand.  Also the whole fucking stand and parts of other stands join in with these songs on European nights, so just fuck up with the finger pointing and blaming. 

3 minutes ago, Soldier blue said:

Whooosh, you either don't get it or are being intentionally vague. I have no interest in what the definition of fenian is and doubt UEFA have either. The salient point is that those that insist on singing it, with add ons, inside the ground now have prevented 3,000 good Bears from supporting their team in a vitally important game.  My spine is firmly intact not sure about your brain.

How can you not give a fuck about the definition of the word we are being banned for ya fool. 

You are letting them write the rules and doing it with a smile on your face. Once again it’s rules for us and rules for them and all the handwringers can do is snivel I told you so.

Simple question, Do you like being called a H**??!

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Singing songs hurt no one. Throwing missiles at opposing players potentially could hurt someone. ( Cluj )

Well, that's obviously just not true now, is it? I know what you're getting at, but this will now hurt the club, the team on Thursday and at least 3000 fans who will no longer be allowed to attend the game. 

I think it's  ludicrous that songs, however distasteful some people may be fine them to be, can land a club or individuals with punishment, but we know that's the world we live in at the moment and being fucking dopey and  isn't going to change that. If we want to fight it in the background( we absolutely should be asking for enquiries into FARE) then absolutely fine, but we need to have the brains to play the game.

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I’ve no issues with the UBs as they do great but there’s a time and place for the fenian add ons

The first section was a sarcastic reply hence why I went onto say that with them being the main guys to start the si going perhaps they should have a sit down With the club to agree what can and can't be sung to save anymore of this happening in future

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

See cunts blaming the UB for this they are fucking clueless, I’m in BF1 and the majority of times songs like super Rangers or the Billy boys is sung it gets started from the back of the stand not the front where the UB stand.  Also the whole fucking stand and parts of other stands join in with these songs on European nights, so just fuck up with the finger pointing and blaming. 

I've not seen anyone blaming the UBs at all and in all honesty they are a credit to the club in almost every home game and should be applauded for that. If I'm not mistaken however have the club basically put the blame on them??? 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

How can you not give a fuck about the definition of the word we are being banned for ya fool. 

You are letting them write the rules and doing it with a smile on your face. Once again it’s rules for us and rules for them and all the handwringers can do is snivel I told you so.

Simple question, Do you like being called a H**??!

Fenian and H** aren’t equal. H** is derogatory as a sole word, fenian isn’t but you know that. 

December 2011: celtic are fined £12,700 after fans sing pro-IRA chants during a Europa League clash with Rennes in Glasgow.

March 2015: Flares set off by celtic fans during a Europa League clash with Inter Milan at the San Siro incur a £3,600 sanction.

February 2016: A £10,000 fine is issued for using fireworks following a Europa League tie with Fenerbahce in Istanbul, although a portion of the fine related to the "improper conduct" of the team.

August 2016: Fans again flew Palestinian flags in the Champions League qualifier against Israeli side Hapoel Be'er Sheva, prompting UEFA to fine the Scottish champions £8,616 for the use of "illicit banners".

February 2017: More fireworks and crowd disturbances during a Champions League match against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium are punished with a £16,050 fine.

July 2017: celtic are fined £20,000 for crowd-related offences during a Champions League home qualifier against Linfield, including blocked stairways and another "illicit banner" featuring a paramilitary-style figure.

October 2017: celtic are fined £8,900 after 21-year-old supporter John Hatton raced on to the Parkhead pitch and aimed a kick at Paris St Germain striker Kylian Mbappe in the Champions League match in September.

Not once were these bastards told to shut down any part of their stadium. The club need to get to the root of this and fight back.........

12 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Was never keen on the UB anyway. I would ban the lot of them save this happening again. 

Seriously tho we really need a member of the board to meet with some representative of the UB so they can discuss exactly what can and can be sung/said to avoid this happening again. 

Will that happen will it fuck

Howsabout the board grow a set and have a meeting wi Fare/Uefa to straighten them out on a few things?

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Load of bollocks mate it’s all our fault don’t you know. 

What the gutless wonders in our support don’t get is they will just move on to something else if we never utter Fenian again. They keep pushing and we keep stepping back, they will always keep pushing there is no end to this until we say NO MORE. 

2 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I've not seen anyone blaming the UBs at all and in all honesty they are a credit to the club in almost every home game and should be applauded for that. If I'm not mistaken however have the club basically put the blame on them??? 

I never picked up the sarcasm in your post mate apologies for calling you a fanny 😆

1 hour ago, Ace said:

What a fucking shit response "it was their  fault"

Folk took the decision to sing the songs, this is the consequence.

A consequence that will directly affect 3000 fans and a far less vocal support that was required to help the team.

Also, watch the same fucking idiots sing the same again "in defiance" 

If they do that then the next penalty can be a match with no support  and disqualification from the competition for the third. Millions in revenue at risk here. 

People can sing what you want when outside Ibrox but singing these songs in European matches doesn't make them staunch ultra hard men standing up for our Club, it makes them thoughtless fools who are costing the club revenue from European matches. This money is used to buy players. Is anyone singing the songs offering to pay for the 3,000 tickets the club can't sell now? Or maybe they are happy for us to lose money and let celic dominate Scottish football forever.

Archived