Punishment From Fenians

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBB is a great song so it's a shame that only our version is banned.  We do need some clear clarification from UEFA what songs are not permitted so that (hopefully) we can avoid any further punishments.  Shite situation but we don't make the rules. 

10 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Guaranteed it will get sung on Thursday in defiance. I hope it doesn’t.

As pathetic as it is, the singing of what appears to be “racist” songs, even though they are songs and certainly not racist needs to stop

Weve not been given much choice.

Uefa need to take a look at how pathetic they are, they are a dictatorship

I don’t think that would happen tbh. After it was banned after the Villarreal game it was never sang again in over a decade (in Europe).

I’m confident the fans will take on board how serious this is.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

They may still have more reports pending the St Josephs game was a few games ago now, why did they wait.?

maybe cause, if we were knocked out . It wouldn't have same impact . The bastards were probably waiting to see how far we got .

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I took he meant racist as being offensive. we both know orange is perceived to be more than just a Rangers fan

I don’t.

Obviously your Hearts/Linfield fans get called it, but that’s just because they’re the same in their minds, but it’s the same with Hibs etc and fenians.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

They may still have more reports pending the St Josephs game was a few games ago now, why did they wait.?

What makes you think they waited? Levski Sofia were also punished today (3000 seats closed for breach of article 14) for a match that took place a week before we played St. Joseph's. Clubs need to be given time to represent themselves in front of UEFA's disciplinary committee.

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Another fucking thing surely this never just came out the blue, the club must have known about this before today but still yesterday sold me another two tickets for BF1

no chance did they not know yesterday this could happen ffs 

I suspect the club stopped selling tickets at 3k lower than capacity. They will move those that bought in the area that will be closed to other areas. I can’t see fans being told they cannot attend after paying for tickets but could be wrong. 

Sad day that its come to this. Really sad. While I don't agree that this should be punished the club has been punished and any further songs or chants will just mean harsher future penalties. 

We all know that there will be plenty out there wanting to sink the boot in too so next time there is any chants at domestic games there will be calls for closures despite worse things going on in other grounds. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What makes you think they waited? Levski Sofia were also punished today (3000 seats closed for breach of article 14) for a match that took place a week before we played St. Joseph's. Clubs need to be given time to represent themselves in front of UEFA's disciplinary committee.

the time it took the last game was the 18th of july, Kinda obvious question.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Has any club ever been banned by UEFA for singing bad words. 

For fuck sake does it matter it's happening now and innocent supporters are getting caught up in it because of arseholes who won't learn

If Garry O'Hagan was the UEFA rep who reported Rangers, why was a current acting CEO of another Scottish club (Kilmarnock, since July this year) who was previously, for nearly two decades, employed by  yet another Scottish club (Hibs - where he was Club Secretary and Director of Operations) selected as the impartial UEFA rep?  Who do we have as a UEFA rep, and when can we expect that person to be allowed to report on the crowd issues at another Scottish club?

My opinion of the use of the word and whether it is sectarian/racist isn’t important here (by the way I am convinced it isn’t).

But we know we need to play the game. The bottom line is that UEFA think it is and unless we want chucked out of Europe, we need to rap it.

It’s all very well and good screaming it in the company of thousands of people and then defending your right to. How many of the people singing TBB or SR with the “offending” words would do so on the street, or in front of a police officer? 

I sure as fuck wouldn’t- I would lose my career and livelihood if I did. And because I know that, I don’t do it.

We know the rules, we know how it all works and we know they are out to get us. If we don’t pay attention to that, we suffer.

Archived