Punishment From Fenians

BridgeIsBlue

19 minutes ago, mrmojorisin said:

Here's a whacky idea.. Why don't we just stop singing these songs about N.I./UVF/UDA/bobby sands/fteepee and maybe sing proper Rangers songs? (which there is a plethora of) 

Yes hands up I sang all the songs as a youth but now this is a completely different environment this 50 year old is admittedly struggling to adapt to. I still hold dear my Loyalist Protestant views but all these songs are doing the club financial and reputational damage and the kind of publicity we do not need.

Have to disagree.

The only one's doing reputational damage are our haters and our spineless board who can't help themselves in their haste to help the haters bury us.

Singing songs glorifying terrorists and their proscribed organisation is sectarian, political and even falls within the racist bracket. Singing songs of death to our British monarchy and our troops is political at best and racist at worst. None of it allowed by UEFA rules.

Personally I don't give a fuck as to what they sing, probably same the most of us. Maybe our problem is that we don't complain. I doubt many of THEM give a fuck bout what we sing either, but the difference is, they know they will  be listened to and it helps to handicap us, in their agenda, so they are incentivised to do so.

Our haters will not be satisfied until we are silenced and to our death at that as a club.

We don't ask for spcial treatment just a level playing field and we are yet to hear as to exactly what we are being punished for. Is it secarianism? Racism? A whole song? Particular words? What? When known, then we can compare notes as to THEIRS. Yes, just let's get it all out there and bring it all to an end one way or another as this is not just a football matter.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Said delegate worked for selik. 

And works for the club that we've had most issues with over the last year, including weeks ago.

Defo neutral when he put on his uefa tie though. All the money they generate and they cant find an impartial observer from a club that has no links to us or our league.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I know that. I was making it as a bigger point. Our board and club never seem to defend our fans and then you look at that mob who immediately defend everything they are involved in that attracts negative press.

Worth noting that after weeks of The Sun putting boot into us they then got the exclusive again today.

This is a board who in a club statement asked two BBC employees for an apology..

Being easily offended is just part of living in this time tbh. Political correctness rules now and freedom of speech is becoming a distant memory.

The vast majority of people condemn sectarianism, so this is a battle that will never be won - we need to accept our punishment and learn from it, it's as simple as that tbh.

There may or may not be a bias against us, but on this occasion, we basically made it easy for them. We knew FARE were in attendance and still sang the songs anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

44 pages. Summary of the last 30 anyone? 🤣 

We're getting fucked up the arse. UEFA  impartial delegate is the Kilmarnock CEO who reported us.  Vast majority know we need to change the songs or drop the offending ones. Handwringers still see it as all being about what's been sung without getting that next time itll be something else, time after that something else again.

We're as divided as a support as ever.

Nutshell.

9 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

So I have read threads on here, seen tweets listened to the gaffer and chatted with mates on this subject. 

As a well educated, successful and widely travelled atheist I can’t figure out why this issue pisses me off so much. I have no real interest in singing about a brotherhood of republicans from the 1800s. I am no advocate of football fans singing about 300 year old battles and terrorist organisations. So why do I find myself incensed by what’s going on here? 

This is what I have come up with.

Scotland is a horribly divided wee place. There has, since time immemorial, been massive schisms that run through our society.  A lot of those schisms are being viscerally highlighted due to social media and society in general is becoming far more polarised. Football mimics that society. The people on the stands represent that society. But you can’t fix society’s ills by punishing football clubs. And even if you could, you would have to start by punishing them all equally. Which of course started to happen under the OBAF act and so that act got voted down. 

I am all for eradicating sectarianism and “racism” from the crowds at football matches but to achieve that you will have to address the root cause of society’s ills. So while we have all this media attention maybe we want to start the conversation about catholic schools, about separation of our kids from that age. Let’s start talking about separating the church, all churches, from everything . Cut out the cancer at the source instead of blaming Ranger fans for everything  Christ, I have seen Rangers fans blamed for Brexit and The No vote on independence  it’s all the Rangers fault  

You want to tackle societies ills via the football terraces, let’s go. Let the SFA convene a committee represented by senior officials from all Scottish clubs from all walks of society and review the song books of all Scottish clubs fans and identify what is and is not acceptable and let’s implement strict liability on any breach..... songs about the Ibrox disaster, songs about Neil Simpsons tackle, songs that are political in nature, songs that have any religion connotations,  songs that refer to anything other than football 

lets ban players from making any religious statements or signs, let’s remove all political slogans, advertisements and promotions from the game 

Of course none of this is going to happen because the whole agenda here is not to fix society’s ills or to rid Scotland of sectarianism  or even to target football fans. The whole agenda here is to attack Rangers fans and that is what sticks in my craw 

So yeah, I agree, let’s stop singing the Billy Boys even though other clubs sing it. Let’s cut out the pope references even though the pope leads the  most corrupt and immoral cult the world has ever conceived and let’s leave out the references to the politics of Northern Ireland even though Scotland’s second biggest club founded on the very principles of those politics flaunt it with impunity  ..... let’s be the bigger men and let’s see how that works out for us  

I am saying no more on the matter 

7232EE8C-9F9B-400B-AB60-3C7D4D553267.gif

11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Said delegate worked for selik. 

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

And works for the club that we've had most issues with over the last year, including weeks ago.

Defo neutral when he put on his uefa tie though. All the money they generate and they cant find an impartial observer from a club that has no links to us or our league.

Yea I know, but, so?

His job was to go to the ground and report any rule breaches. He did that.

I could understand the anger if there was debate about if we had actually broken the rules, but everyone seems to be in agreement that we did, just shocked we have been hit as hard.

The guy was sent to do a job, he did it. Probably loved every second of writing his report, but I still dont see where the conspiracy angle comes from.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Yea I know, but, so?

His job was to go to the ground and report any rule breaches. He did that.

I could understand the anger if there was debate about if we had actually broken the rules, but everyone seems to be in agreement that we did, just shocked we have been hit as hard.

The guy was sent to do a job, he did it. Probably loved every second of writing his report, but I still dont see where the conspiracy angle comes from.

How about the parity and impartiality angle?  Might as well just give us a Polish ref on thursday and fuck into us that bit more.

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Have to disagree.

The only one's doing reputational damage are our haters and our spineless board who can't help themselves in their haste to help the haters bury us.

Mate if it's not clear by now it should be that as fans some of us ARE doing damage to our club by continuing to sing songs we have been told not to. The evidence will be there further on Thursday night when we are 3,000 fans short as well as financial implications. It is as simple as we have been told not to sing these songs but we do it anyway. Can blame him, them and her but we are the problem and the solution in our house.

As for the board, i'm genuinely intrigued to hear what you think they should do/have done.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Mate if it's not clear by now it should be that as fans some of us ARE doing damage to our club by continuing to sing songs we have been told not to. The evidence will be there further on Thursday night when we are 3,000 fans short as well as financial implications. It is as simple as we have been told not to sing these songs but we do it anyway. Can blame him, them and her but we are the problem and the solution in our house.

As for the board, i'm genuinely intrigued to hear what you think they should do/have done.

Surely, at the least they could have issued a statement stating that certain songs and words, and name them are now illegal to be sang or used and explain why they are now illegal and banned?? 

That would at the very least let the fans know exactly what is allowed or not allowed

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

Surely, at the least they could have issued a statement stating that certain songs and words, and name them are now illegal to be sang or used and explain why they are now illegal and banned?? 

That would at the very least let the fans know exactly what is allowed or not allowed

Why are people asking for this? We all know the song ( words ) we cannot sing.  Every single Rangers supporter knows this.

I absolutely HATE these utter soul destroying wankers made up of "them! "

They can  hang effigies of our support, sing songs against us, call us what they like....

yet a little song they don't agree with has our club charged!!!

They are pathetic. 

Our board better fight this. But knowing them, they will take it. 

Archived