Punishment From Fenians

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

There was literally nothing good about it, why were you for it?

because it stamped out abuse on many sides and because a new piece of law will possibly be rewritten that will do the exact same thing against our support whilst the text, interpretation and resultant case law will let others off

Just now, Lerry1971 said:

This is not a level playing field though. The ira repertoire is in full voice in all games. I am simply asking for parity and fairness. Neither is being applied here. There is clearly a rule for us and another set of rules for them. Couldn't care if I sound paranoid. I'm not alone here either. I am not disputing we have been caught. But it grinds my gears that they have a huge disgrace on there at the moment. Is it coincidence we are now in the firing line? I think not. 

In all honesty I have no idea the words to any of their songs so have no idea if they use what we would class as offending words. Plenty of uvf or loyalists songs don't have offensive words or phrases as such and I dare say they will be the same. 

Happy for anyone to point out anything they do use tho

2 minutes ago, Lerry1971 said:

This is not a level playing field though. The ira repertoire is in full voice in all games. I am simply asking for parity and fairness. Neither is being applied here. There is clearly a rule for us and another set of rules for them. Couldn't care if I sound paranoid. I'm not alone here either. I am not disputing we have been caught. But it grinds my gears that they have a huge disgrace on there at the moment. Is it coincidence we are now in the firing line? I think not. 

We all know they do it in Scotland mostly at away games but are they doing it in Europe though and if so do you have any video links or media reports?

Listing to bbc scotland sport sound cause I'm working you would think we've just killed someone talking about steve "get well soon ya alky" clarke receiving sectarian abuse at kilmarnock last year was there not another player ex Rangers player kris boyd last year told to "cheer up ya fat orange bastard" oh right that's just banter.

Just now, sRcFoCt said:

Listing to bbc scotland sport sound cause I'm working you would think we've just killed someone talking about steve "get well soon ya alky" clarke receiving sectarian abuse at kilmarnock last year was there not another player ex Rangers player kris boyd last year told to "cheer up ya fat orange bastard" oh right that's just banter.

Don’t listen or phone in and put your point across 

4 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

I can understand the sentiment and playing smart in cutting back on the song sheet, but it must be accompanied by this board getting all this on the table with UEFA and a level playing field established, otherwise there will be no point as the sanctions will continue on someting else and no doubt spilling onto the domestic scene to our disadvantage and we will be sullied into silence and ultimate defeat.

The taigery train is gathering a head of steam and we are once again on the track in it's path,  just that some fail to see it.

100% its us they are after as a club.

5 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

because it stamped out abuse on many sides and because a new piece of law will possibly be rewritten that will do the exact same thing against our support whilst the text, interpretation and resultant case law will let others off

What abuse was stamped out? The tarriers still sang their songs, shouted their shite, dodgy displays, we sang our songs and shouted our shite, polis treating fans like shite on the whole. When the vast majority of fans are happy then you know it’s a shite law.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

What abuse was stamped out? The tarriers still sang their songs, shouted their shite, dodgy displays, we sang our songs and shouted our shite, polis treating fans like shite on the whole. When the vast majority of fans are happy then you know it’s a shite law.

no but some of them were done with abuse whereas any new law will see us solely targeted 

don’t shout abuse in front of cops and cameras and you won’t get done

Just now, Bad Robot said:

no but some of them were done with abuse whereas any new law will see us solely targeted 

don’t shout abuse in front of cops and cameras and you won’t get done

That’s the point, people shouldn’t be done with abuse.

Good law that mate, just because some of them got done.

4F32D080-CD0A-44C7-AF39-0FF23A64AD83.png

16 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That’s the point, people shouldn’t be done with abuse.

Good law that mate, just because some of them got done.

4F32D080-CD0A-44C7-AF39-0FF23A64AD83.png

unfortunately personal feelings on this are overtaken by the law especially by police, politicians and a media with an agenda 

Archived