Punishment From Fenians

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Burts91 said:

I think this will end up being appealed or sorted out for the first home game of group stages. 

Hard to get something like this in when weve we’ve already sold the tickets for the game. 

I’m more worried about the wording ‘racist singing’. We sing about fenians etc but the word racist will have us branded around European football as a scum club. Feel they should change it to bigoted if anything as saying ‘that included bigotry’ comes after the word racist. 

This closure will happen, it's in the statement.

14 minutes ago, thehost said:

blah blah blah

its attitudes like yours that have allowed us to be chased, corralled and fucked over, over the years

rather than stand up to these cunts, when all this started, we meekly said fuck all and funnily enough they kept chasing

this is all directly linkable to liewell, wee taig reid, the free state UEFA bloke and the Scottish media

we could sit silent and the cunts would find a way to damage us

For once I partly agree with you, maybe fans like myself have got carried away in the atmosphere of the big European nights and continued to sing songs we were continually warned about and for that the club and fans have received severe punishment.

I will 100% watch what I sing in the future.

You on the other hand won’t stop until the entire stadium is closed.

3 minutes ago, Ace said:

As I said, if you want to sing it, feel free but accept there are consequences.

Tell you what, how about you set up a Just Giving page where all those that want to sing the songs they want can contribute which can the be given to the club to pat the fine & also given to the supporters who can't see the game because of that idiotic stance!

Those that decided that 2 songs are worth being tarnished as both racist & sectarian in the eyes of football .. well done 👏👏

Fenian isn’t a race, so calm yourself down.

57 minutes ago, Ace said:

To be quite honest, we fucking knew they were there, we knew they were gunning for us and we handed them the ammunition.

If it's true & you want to blame anyone, look in the fucking mirror.

I've really don't get why the club doesn't talk to the UBs, who lead the singing and ask them to amend the song book for European nights

I know i'll likely take abuse for this and yeah, yeah "what about them ..." etc, well i don't give a fuck about them, i only care about us & when we hand our enemies the ammunition to fire at us then its our own fucking fault.

I’ve to agree as against the Danes we were cruising the game and late into the 2nd half they started singing ‘Super Rangers’, Tyree was no need

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Fenian isn’t a race, so calm yourself down.

Aye we all get that but to the outsider who just sees the headline "Rangers to close stand due to racist chanting" probably isn't going ot know the distinction between fenian being a race or political set of beliefs. The damage is done by simply calling us that

Just now, GA1972 said:

So when will we find out what’s getting closed?

Next Wednesday afternoon knowing us

Game was 4 weeks ago & its took them this long to announce it apparently, after nearly all the tickets have been sold

Fucking shambles 

1 minute ago, jintybear said:

FFS it gets worse. I’m surprised they’ve not got us putting banners saying 10IAR on it!! Fkn shambles. I’m absolutely raging. Fkn arsehole bastards.

Looking at the other disciplinarys it seems like it’s the common punishment now. Been a few with full stadium closures. Maybe tightened up the rules from previous years.

2 minutes ago, Burts91 said:

What statement sorry? That much going on I’m a bit lost with statements

Rangers has been ordered by UEFA to close a section of Ibrox Stadium for the return leg of the club’s Europa League play-off tie against Legia Warsaw on Thursday, August 29.

UEFA has ruled that a group of Rangers supporters were guilty of racist behaviour – which includes sectarian singing – during the match against St Joseph’s at Ibrox on July 18.

Our supporters have been asked repeatedly by the Club to refrain from indulging in this, and other forms of unacceptable behaviour. Sadly, the warnings have fallen on deaf ears and the actions of this minority will cause the Club and the majority of good and decent Rangers supporters to pay a heavy penalty.

UEFA has ruled that a section, or sections containing no fewer than 3000 seats must be shut off during the club’s next European match, which is the home match against Legia Warsaw. The area, or areas to be closed will be announced in due course and the Club will do its best to restrict the impact to offending supporters.

Unfortunately a significant number of supporters, innocent of any wrong doing, will be unable to attend next week’s match. This is deeply regrettable to all at the Club and we hope that the guilty parties, who attracted the attention of UEFA might reflect on the damage their unacceptable behaviour is causing Rangers and their fellow supporters.

If any individual supporter is unable to behave in a civilised manner then please stay away from Ibrox and our Club. You are harming Rangers and that is something a genuine supporter would never wish to do.

Rangers chairman Dave King stated: “Rangers is a club open to all and we will continue to convey this message at every opportunity through our Everyone Anyone initiative.

“Rangers has players and supporters from many religions, cultures and backgrounds but we are one and the same when we gather to support our club. If any supporter cannot accept that then Rangers is not the club for them”.

From Rangers website.

Nice to see the appeasers out in force this fine day. Not!

This is not about whataboutery. It's about fare and equal treatment.

The scum defend their activities as both cultural and political and not sectarian. Cough, cough. They fly their banners and sing there songs of hate amongst many other offences. Have been fned many times. If it is racist to call out "fenian bastards" surely it the same for Orange b's?  

The club have once again rolled over, leavng us open to more of the same punishments in making us easy targets.

We need to establish exactly what all these offending words are and take the appropriate posture with the authorities, but as spineless as this board are, they won't. 

We are on the ascendency and on cue, we get the exocet. I smell shite. I smell even more shite from the spineless bastards in our boardroom.

Let me reinforce that WE the fans are NOT a PR disaster, but our board clearly are, such is their record in their coming to power.

We simply get punished for what and who we are. A Rangers supporting PUL community who remain to breathe, much to the disdain of our haters. One needs to look no further.

1 minute ago, RJMcGregor said:

Aye we all get that but to the outsider who just sees the headline "Rangers to close stand due to racist chanting" probably isn't going ot know the distinction between fenian being a race or political set of beliefs. The damage is done by simply calling us that

That’s up to the clubs PR to sort out papers and such.

our Fans saying that it’s racist are even worse and thick as shit tbh.

32 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

So why not punish us against the Danes instead of waiting until now? Is it because that tie was already won and this one is in the balance? This gained momentum way too fast. It's suspicious as fuck.

It just seems as if this has been held back for a reason, and with Liewell having influence in UEFA I smell a rat, this game was played on the 18th of July and we have played two home games in the competition since, I have no doubt this has been done for maximum effect for our last game.  Bastards. 

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

That’s up to the clubs PR to sort out papers and such.

our Fans saying that it’s racist are even worse and thick as shit tbh.

I don't think any of our fans actually think it's racist (if they do i'll say it now, fenian isn't a race) more just that's how it will be percieved by the outside world

3 minutes ago, Ace said:

As I said, if you want to sing it, feel free but accept there are consequences.

Tell you what, how about you set up a Just Giving page where all those that want to sing the songs they want can contribute which can the be given to the club to pat the fine & also given to the supporters who can't see the game because of that idiotic stance!

Those that decided that 2 songs are worth being tarnished as both racist & sectarian in the eyes of football .. well done 👏👏

Fuck me why is it so hard to see the point being made. 

FARE have significant connections to celtic.  celtic fans are the ones that are writing in Their complaints about shit they take no offence to. 

I would wager that the very very vast majority would cut out the word fenian if there was a very logical justification and if the justification applied evenly across the board. 

As with everything in this tinpot country that has now spilled into UEFA. It’s the double standards. It’s the big bad Rangers fans. We are now tarred as being both sectarian and racist. RACIST for fuck sake. I don’t know what your experience is of Rangers fans but mine certainly is not racist. But that’s what the propaganda is now having the neutral believe, all because of the word fenian which, make no mistake ,they are singling out just to try and attack our anthemic songs  

Something highly suspicious about this.

Sanction delayed weeks until just before the most crucial home match?

celtic get fined so often, they have a fucking direct debit to UEFA yet we get jumped on?

Constant reports of black players getting racially abused, especially in Eastern Europe - how many closures from that?

Rangers performances improve and the focus suddenly shifts from the pitch to the stands?

Appears we would be better not going, not singing and just stay at home molesting kids as UEFA clearly take that a whole less seriously.

Archived