Support for Thursday

Ace

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That boat has sailed mate. 

They won the Fenian battle without firing a shot, just as won the H** battle as well, The Famine Song, The right to have any banner they want without anything said. The list goes on and on and on, a once proud people reduced to asking a shower of scum what we can and can’t say anymore. 

WATP sounds a touch hollow these days, as if we really want it to be true but in our heart of hearts we know it’s not. 

I understand where you're coming from but there are people fighting back. Alistair Jack was correct in stating that brexit is likely to put in place foundations to reverse pc fenianism. 

Just now, Blueray said:

I understand where you're coming from but there are people fighting back. Alistair Jack was correct in stating that brexit is likely to put in place foundations to reverse pc fenianism. 

It’s a long hard road back and I doubt very much I will see it in my lifetime and I’m still the right side of 50 (just). 

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Let us clarify one thing. That is the anthem of Liverpool FC. The scum stole it as they steal everything else and that does not equate to them owning anything. Sure they can sing it all they want, but it only shows them  up for the plastics that they really are.

Cut open Steven Gerrard and he's a red all the way through. He has taken to us. He gets us and he has been a revelation. Now, when Steven Gerrard secures us that title, as a token of our appreciation, I would have no problem in giving him a  one off rounding chorus of it to let him know just how much we appreciate him and that we are with him all the way. The scum will hate it, but fuck them. It might even spur them on to get one of their own. Probably some wee *ra number such is their MO.

Regarding snowflakes and apologists, bang on the money!

I reckon that would hurt them more than the huddle at their howf 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

It’s a long hard road back and I doubt very much I will see it in my lifetime and I’m still the right side of 50 (just). 

It's exactly that because for too long they've hijacked the narrative and high ground however the war has not been won yet and there is undoubtedly good people being placed in strategic positions that can reverse the tide.

20 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That boat has sailed mate. 

They won the Fenian battle without firing a shot, just as won the H** battle as well, The Famine Song, The right to have any banner they want without anything said. The list goes on and on and on, a once proud people reduced to asking a shower of scum what we can and can’t say anymore. 

WATP sounds a touch hollow these days, as if we really want it to be true but in our heart of hearts we know it’s not. 

Correct hence the reason it needs addressed.....from every angle on the tv or in the press we are castigated against....whether you or I believe in the rights or wrongs regarding the word fenian it is totally academic as we as a club accept us as guilty as charged whenever we supposedly abuse it.

13 hours ago, Ace said:

Watching the game last night, you say just about the whole stadium sing for 90 minutes & I fully expect them to sell out their away allocation for the return leg at Ibrox and again they will sign for 90 minutes.

Gerrard has already said that the home support is vital for the 90 minutes, getting behind & supporting the team and that includes having patience when Legia have possession or when we are not rushing at them all guns blazing, throwing everything into every attack.

How do we get the home support to sing for 90 minutes and i mean beyond the UB and others from the Broomloan?

In our most recent memory, the last 15 minutes against Rapid was the best atmosphere inside ibrox for many years, then against CFC when we beat them in Dec last year but how do we get that for 90 minutes in what is a vital game for our continued improvement (european cash drives the club to improve players & facilities)?

What's your (sensible) suggestions?

In my opinion, part of our problem with not having a vociferous support is that many are no longer comfortable with some of the lyrics due to the result we have today.   I have been under the impression that in recent years the number of Rangers songs sung has been on the decline whereas the songs of a more controversial nature have been more to the fore.

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

In my opinion, part of our problem with not having a vociferous support is that many are no longer comfortable with some of the lyrics due to the result we have today.   I have been under the impression that in recent years the number of Rangers songs sung has been on the decline whereas the songs of a more controversial nature have been more to the fore.

There’s plenty Rangers songs sing week in week out, nobody joins in.

6 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Do you think ?  We were talking of this weeks ago at work , and back in the 70's and 80's the vast , vast majority of songs were those of the more controversial nature , as you would call them . Particularly in the bigger games . 

9 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

So is that a valid reason to start singing the songs which cause the Club bother?   

There’s plenty of songs they can sing and feel comfortable doing so is my point. The vast vast majority are ‘safe’ to sing. In fact, in the league they all are. People don’t join in for whatever reason though.

Well, as I am of a certain age and sang all or most of all the songs I agree that your point isn't without some merit although as someone who was very loud in those days, we sang many purely Rangers songs.     How often do you hear these?

Follow follow,  Every other Saturday, The Blue Flag,  Famous Glasgow Rangers,  Who's that team,  It's Rangers for me, Wolverhampton Town, these are hardly ever sung now.  When I was younger there was the Sash and Derry's Walls and one or two others but now I hardly know some of the new songs of non-Rangers lyrics.

8 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Which songs?

Follow Follow, Blue Sea Of Ibrox, Easy Ok, Walking Down The Copland Road, Blue Flag, Morelos x2, Arfield And Tavernier’s new one, McGregor x2, Halliday’s, Defoe’s, Who’s That Team, Every Saturday We Follow, Every Other Saturday, A Trip To Ibrox, Rangers Story/Chorus, Wolverhampton Town get’s the odd airing, plenty of ones that the UB have come up with that will be called ‘ultra shite’ Super Rangers Ole etc, and that’s before we include the Sash and Derry’s Walls and the other ‘safe’ loyalist/orange songs.

Forgot 4 lads had a dream so undoubtedly there’s other a canny remember.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Follow Follow, Blue Sea Of Ibrox, Easy Ok, Walking Down The Copland Road, Blue Flag, Morelos x2, Arfield And Tavernier’s new one, McGregor x2, Halliday’s, Defoe’s, Who’s That Team, Every Saturday We Follow, Every Other Saturday, A Trip To Ibrox, Rangers Story/Chorus, Wolverhampton Town get’s the odd airing, plenty of ones that the UB have come up with that will be called ‘ultra shite’ Super Rangers Ole etc, and that’s before we include the Sash and Derry’s Walls and the other ‘safe’ loyalist/orange songs.

Forgot 4 lads had a dream so undoubtedly there’s other a canny remember.

A good list of acceptable songs as far as the football authorities are concerned (assuming no add-ons) which begs the question, why sing the songs which get us into bother?

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Well, as I am of a certain age and sang all or most of all the songs I agree that your point isn't without some merit although as someone who was very loud in those days, we sang many purely Rangers songs.     How often do you hear these?

Follow follow,  Every other Saturday, The Blue Flag,  Famous Glasgow Rangers,  Who's that team,  It's Rangers for me, Wolverhampton Town, these are hardly ever sung now.  When I was younger there was the Sash and Derry's Walls and one or two others but now I hardly know some of the new songs of non-Rangers lyrics.

Did we though ? This was what we were talking about . Who's that Team and Follow Follow were definitely sang , though with the alternative lyrics ( Follow Follow )  . Was Every Other Saturday actually sang at the game ? It certainly was on Supporter buses , but during the game at Ibrox ? Same as Wloverhampton Town , if I've heard that at Ibrox it would have been rare . 

See this is my point . A lot of Rangers songs were sang on buses when we put the tapes on , but they really weren't sang that often at Ibrox or wherever we were playing that particular game . 

Just now, gmcf said:

Did we though ? This was what we were talking about . Who's that Team and Follow Follow were definitely sang , though with the alternative lyrics ( Follow Follow )  . Was Every Other Saturday actually sang at the game ? It certainly was on Supporter buses , but during the game at Ibrox ? Same as Wloverhampton Town , if I've heard that at Ibrox it would have been rare . 

See this is my point . A lot of Rangers songs were sang on buses when we put the tapes on , but they really weren't sang that often at Ibrox or wherever we were playing that particular game . 

As I said, I'm older generation and I don't profess to know or remember every word of every song.    They weren't always sung at every game.  I'm merely making a point.

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

As I said, I'm older generation and I don't profess to know or remember every word of every song.    They weren't always sung at every game.  I'm merely making a point.

Fuck sake JCDB , you must be really ancient if you're from an older generation than me :lol: 

7 hours ago, Blueray said:

Hate Liverpool too. City that reeks of rhebel fenianism. Brookside, Jimmy Corkhill,  Derek Hatton, Len Mcluskey, Militant/Momentum etc etc etc, a horrible fucking place.

Obviously you've never paraded down there.

10 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

I won't be singing it but you can't revoke the majority of the stadiums season ticket. Very slippery dlope to go down. As I said earlier really need some clarification from the club on it all but I can certainly see the majority singing it at some point in Thursday night our of defiance more than anything 

That would just be fucking plain stupid.

31 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

That would just be fucking plain stupid.

Of course it would be but looking across various social media sites the majority are claiming they will continue to sing it regardless which is kinda worrying more than anything