Fenians

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

You don't really  keep up with affairs, Don. For the past few years police have been instructing citizens under threat of being arrested,  all over England to stop waving the Union Flag on marches, or telling them to take them down from flagpoles or if they are draped from windows.  There is no, "Soon" about it.

Plenty of Union Jacks in Aberdeen last week at an indy cult rally last week

c14a5c68693efbd2.thumb.jpg.0aaf17ef321cda8da16cceb049bdf813.jpg

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Well according to the logic being applied in the previous UEFA ruling in causing offence/provoking, it is. Maybe the taigs don't go there YET, in their complaints as they fly the tricolour, but I can see it coming.

Time we donned the pointed hats and fiery crosses, as we are already being hung for it. Just racist so we are?

Seriously though, I'm sure some judge up here a while back ruled that it was racist to offend those cunt's religion as it was deemed an integral part of their culture and heritage, but the same wasn't true if it were them doing same to  ours.hence why *un cunts, prod or orange bastards is ok as there wasn't the same link and it wasn't challenged.

Surely they have heard of Ulster Scots and their culture and heritage?  But then again that doesn't count in this cesspit

8 minutes ago, Don54 said:

That may be so, mate, but the  reasons for the police in England threatening people with arrest are completely different altogether. The reason for the banning of the Union flag in England is they don't want the Muslims to be offended by it and start a riot.

2 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

That may be so, mate, but the  reasons for the police in England threatening people with arrest are completely different altogether. The reason for the banning of the Union flag in England is they don't want the Muslims to be offended by it and start a riot.

In my original post was referring more to Uefa 

2 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

The police in England are wrong for this.

If anyone, muslim, taig or whomever feel offended by the flag of the nation that gives them shelter, opportunities and safety, deserve fucking shot.

It's a bad fucking day when those who are supposed to protect you are sullied by a dissident, rebellious  minority. It equals anarchy and if it continues the majority will eventually bite back and rightly so.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

If anyone, muslim, taig or whomever feel offended by the flag of the nation that gives them shelter, opportunities and safety, deserve fucking shot.

It's a bad fucking day when those who are supposed to protect you are sullied by a dissident, rebellious  minority. It equals anarchy and if it continues the majority will eventually bite back and rightly so.

The Police are only doing what they are told to do by their superior, who in turn are only following the directive  from higher up, whether that be politically based, or left wing minded Mayors. Whatever it is, it's a fucking disgrace and it saddens me to see the UK submit to a minority of fucking foreigners.

On 24/08/2019 at 12:23, Blue Avenger said:

ZdlG7KFb7E9zMuKfg8.gif.794430cb38dc14706b62e1ea94fe2f8b.jpg.b9491b96fba14b8529d9c96c53433bcd.jpg

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

The Union Flag is not banned in England. Stop believing everything that Facebook tells you.

3 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

The Union Flag is not banned in England. Stop believing everything that Facebook tells you.

That was my mistake. I meant the Police are actually telling people that if they don't comply they will be arrested. Facebook has got fuck all to do with it, as I have seen videos of it actually happening on many occasions. The day I believe things on Facebook, Twitter, newspapers etc, is the day I'll see a Protestant Pope. If I don't see it with my own eyes, I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

4 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

That was my mistake. I meant the Police are actually telling people that if they don't comply they will be arrested. Facebook has got fuck all to do with it, as I have seen videos of it actually happening on many occasions. The day I believe things on Facebook, Twitter, newspapers etc, is the day I'll see a Protestant Pope. If I don't see it with my own eyes, I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

They won't be getting arrested for having the Union Flag but for something else. Until a few months ago I lived in England for seven years and saw loads of Union Flags everywhere from in people's windows, stickers on cars and hanging up in bars. It is a myth that you will get into any trouble with the authorities in England for having the Union Flag spread by numpties on the far right. Of course said numpties tend to get arrested for other things but lie about the reasons why.

As the old saying goes a lie will be halfway round the world before the truth has got it's boots on.

20 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

They won't be getting arrested for having the Union Flag but for something else. Until a few months ago I lived in England for seven years and saw loads of Union Flags everywhere from in people's windows, stickers on cars and hanging up in bars. It is a myth that you will get into any trouble with the authorities in England for having the Union Flag spread by numpties on the far right. Of course said numpties tend to get arrested for other things but lie about the reasons why.

As the old saying goes a lie will be halfway round the world before the truth has got it's boots on.

OK, I'm seeing things.

22 hours ago, MurrayWilson said:

I know, its simple. Its been talked about for years and there are plenty who say they wont change the word cos they are that staunch. Fuck knows what we do to be honest. The 3 options seem to be 1. Carry on as we are and end up playing behind closed doors. 2. Change one word in a great song and avoid punishment. 3. Drop said song altogether. It is no more complicated than that,and the choice would seem obvious but there you go.

We do seem to keep walking into the same punch ... I think the problem is we expect uefa to be fair with us but that's obviously just not the case 

22 hours ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

fair point mate but "ungrateful monarchy-hating terrorist-loving paedo-harbouring 5th columnist scum fuck" just doesn't scan so well for the purposes of catchy tunes...  

Pick on a comedy character from popular culture ... like the insecure everywhere timothy doesn't like being laughed at :Fod:

On 23/08/2019 at 14:10, mitre_mouldmaster said:

The word.

Actually,  by definition it’s not.

This is why the argument continues to bubble along.

It is however IMO used in a sectarian sense (and folk are deluded if they think or say otherwise) but the word itself isn’t sectarian as the Fenians were a politically driven group detested by the Catholic Church at the time.

HOWEVER, I agree entirely with you about the songs involving the word, and some of the others in the song book.

All they succeed in doing is drag the club down.

Doesn’t matter if you feel you can justify their use or that we used to sing them unopposed: blacks were used as slaves, women couldn’t vote. Times change.

Bottom line is these songs are getting us into trouble and will continue to do so and should be stopped for the betterment of the club and it’s image.

Only a moron would continue singing them knowing fine well the club will be punished.

I will no doubt get shot down as an enemy of the club or called a Taig, as you have been, despite clearly having the best interests of the club at heart. 

9 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

It's not catholic per se ... when I'm in France or Italy I don't think of them as fenian 

blob.png

And I've never thought of any of our Catholic players as Fenians either.

For instance Goldson crosses himself when comes on the park. Never bothered me one bit and quite literally never seen it mentioned on here or heard it mentioned among other supporters.

On 23/08/2019 at 14:07, rabc10000 said:

Yep let's just ban the full home support as it stands and bring in a new 45k+ set of fans in the hope they don't say a few swear words. 

U go on about these people being enemies of the club yet you come out with push like this?? 

Fwiw I also believe you opened this thread specifically to cause divide and argument among the RM user base and that for me could be classed as a bigger enemy to our fans than any tarrier could do

That last sentence is the sort of thing that kept me from re-registering here for years. Within the last decade there were folk like me posting on sites like this, on twitter, on FB, etc. voicing our concerns about the way our club was being run. Asking for answers. Looking for accountability. You know what happened? Over and over again utter mouth-breathing morons called us "tarrier sympathisers" and worse. We were told we were "disloyal".

...and then I got to witness the unedifying spectacle of the worst days, and subsequently humiliating 4 years, in our club's history. While the scum that took our club and fans for a ride went largely scot-free. I've supported Rangers all my life. My father before me, his before him, my uncles, cousins, whatever. But we're supposedly in the wrong because some folk who treat their football club the same way a suicide bomber treats their insane interpretation of a religion operate a "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" policy in a misguided sense of loyalty.

It's bullshit. If something's wrong, it's wrong. Sometimes changing hurts. The morons in Italy literally CAN'T see anything wrong with chucking bananas at black players. And when you tell them it's wrong they want to do it more because "that'll teach the PC brigade" 🙄. Pathetic.

As embarrassing as this is at least it settles it now. Anyone bringing our club into disrepute going forward is stealing a seat at the next game from a fellow bear. Simple as that. Get your head around it.

6 hours ago, Don54 said:

And while I'm making myself unpopular, I have no desire to stick up for Yes twats in Aberdeen, but that shit in the photo you posted is Alistair McConnachie. He's a holocaust denier scumbag. He's bringing the Union Flag into disrepute in his stupid jacket there. Please don't associate that filth with anything to to with our Union or our club. The SNP could not ask for a better plant than that evil man.

12 minutes ago, Unbearable said:

That last sentence is the sort of thing that kept me from re-registering here for years. Within the last decade there were folk like me posting on sites like this, on twitter, on FB, etc. voicing our concerns about the way our club was being run. Asking for answers. Looking for accountability. You know what happened? Over and over again utter mouth-breathing morons called us "tarrier sympathisers" and worse. We were told we were "disloyal".

...and then I got to witness the unedifying spectacle of the worst days, and subsequently humiliating 4 years, in our club's history. While the scum that took our club and fans for a ride went largely scot-free. I've supported Rangers all my life. My father before me, his before him, my uncles, cousins, whatever. But we're supposedly in the wrong because some folk who treat their football club the same way a suicide bomber treats their insane interpretation of a religion operate a "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" policy in a misguided sense of loyalty.

It's bullshit. If something's wrong, it's wrong. Sometimes changing hurts. The morons in Italy literally CAN'T see anything wrong with chucking bananas at black players. And when you tell them it's wrong they want to do it more because "that'll teach the PC brigade" 🙄. Pathetic.

As embarrassing as this is at least it settles it now. Anyone bringing our club into disrepute going forward is stealing a seat at the next game from a fellow bear. Simple as that. Get your head around it.

And while I'm making myself unpopular, I have no desire to stick up for Yes twats in Aberdeen, but that shit in the photo you posted is Alistair McConnachie. He's a holocaust denier scumbag. He's bringing the Union Flag into disrepute in his stupid jacket there. Please don't associate that filth with anything to to with our Union or our club. The SNP could not ask for a better plant than that evil man.

I couldn't have told you who he was or I'd never have used that pic and I wasn't associating him with anything never mind our club, I was making the point that waving  the Union Flag is not banned on our streets 

Archived