CD7 Closed

19 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We have put ourselves in this position through lack of leadership and governance by a delinquent board.

Where is our PR strategy for protecting and enhancing the brand? Where is the defence of our club? Where is our strategy for the very clear double standards at work? Where is the engagement strategy with the fans?

Leadership comes from the board. Standards are set by the board. Governanace is enacted by the board. 

We have none of it. The reality is we get pilloried day on day by our haters without reply. We persist in litigation with SDI that costs us a fortune and reputational damage. We roll over to take it up the arse on the double standards that prevail in this backwater.

We have silence, or half ass reactive statements better written by five year olds, when the coffers are directly at risk or it affects them personally.

Leadership and standards by this board are NOT the example to be setting, so we end up deeper in the shit.

Our board are delinquent as far as leadership and governance goes and quite simply a fucking embarassment. If they didn't have the good will and gravy train of the support, they would all be on the fucking dole. Time they showed some fucking respect and doing their fucking job would be a good start.

Give an example of what our board should be saying about this specific sanction. 

Be coherent please. Your thoughts please on what you would like our board to say 

thanks. 

23 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

What I find crazy is their is a large section of our support on various social media platforms who are going to defiantly sing the songs and don't care if the club is eventually expelled from the euro competitions. Go against them or try and reason and your classed as nothing more than a tarrier apologist

I certainly wont be singing those songs on Thursday anyway, far too fucking risky. I don't want us to be punished further. Call me a catholic sympathiser, it doesn't bother me.

1 minute ago, JackAlex93 said:

I certainly wont be singing those songs on Thursday anyway, far too fucking risky. I don't want us to be punished further. Call me a catholic sympathiser, it doesn't bother me.

You’re not singing because fellow Rangers supporters won’t be able to watch us play football in Europe 

that’s why no cunt should be singing it. Forget anything about the song or the pedantic shite around it. Simply because your fellow bears will not get to see us. 

Simple

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

You’re not singing because fellow Rangers supporters won’t be able to watch us play football in Europe 

that’s why no cunt should be singing it. Forget anything about the song or the pedantic shite around it. Simply because your fellow bears will not get to see us. 

Simple

Aye cut out the shite we are apparently not allowed to sing and get behind the boys with Rangers songs

4 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

To jump in here, the board should be saying something like:

We understand the sanctions placed due to a small number of fans singing secterian songs however we strongly dispute the 'racist' portion of the sanctions placed by UEFA.

The board also believes Rangers seem to have become an easy target within the European game, sanctions over the last few years have been placed against the club for such things as throwing paper onto the park. Whilst this is something we don't dispute & strive to resolve, other clubs, as recently as last week can seemingly throw items at our players during matches and receive no sanctions from UEFA. 

Going forward, we will be requesting UEFA advise exactly what was offensive & be providing supporters with further guidelines to avoid a similar situation in the future.

The above isn't exactly the best statement but fuck me it's better than us sitting in silence and saying absolutely nothing, it's been 4 days since the news got announced and has there actually been anything officially announced as to what songs exactly we got sanctioned for? Or we still just guessing that its TBB?

Nobody is guessing it’s TBB for fuck sake  

the sanctions fall in a category that includes racist and sectarian abuse. 

Our manager came out and told us to behave. That’s not good enough for some. 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I get that & when I'm there on Thursday I wont be singing anything that can get us into trouble as personally I don't want to see the club get more sanctions 

Regardless, we're now getting dragged through the media as a racist club which is bullshit in itself and honestly some fans wont listen until its put in black & white

It can't be difficult for them to come out and say if you sing this song then the club will be punished.

23 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

When has there been RACIST abuse of anyone from our fans?

16 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I get that & when I'm there on Thursday I wont be singing anything that can get us into trouble as personally I don't want to see the club get more sanctions 

Regardless, we're now getting dragged through the media as a racist club which is bullshit in itself and honestly some fans wont listen until its put in black & white

It can't be difficult for them to come out and say if you sing this song then the club will be punished.

Why do we need our board to tell us to stop singing a sectarian song?  That’s treating us like stupid cunts. Everyone knows we should not be singing it. 

However there will be fans who continue to belt it out in the full knowledge we will be fined, sanctioned and fellow bears will miss games? Does anyone else not feel for those reasons alone we should just stop singing it?

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why do we need our board to tell us to stop singing a sectarian song?  That’s treating us like stupid cunts. Everyone knows we should not be singing it. 

However there will be fans who continue to belt it out in the full knowledge we will be fined, sanctioned and fellow bears will miss games? Does anyone else not feel for those reasons alone we should just stop singing it?

Sometimes you need to treat people like stupid cunts as you say, some people just wont listen until something is put infront of them clear as day. 

I'm not defending anybody who does it on Thursday btw and if you go there and sing songs you know fine well will get us into trouble then you're an idiot & fans  who don't sing them will get unfairly punished, some people just don't give a fuck and are selfish.

But the club could/should still be doing more though to fight our corner against UEFA & try to avoid it happening again. Their idea to try and stop it is to close the UB's section (rightly or wrongly that's another arguement) but theres alot more they could be doing.

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Most know what we shouldn’t be singing or chanting about but say they don’t so putting it in black and white leaves no dubiety or get out clause IMO 

I won’t be singing any of them on Thursday but Sunday may be a different matter when the iraoke starts up until a time we get parity.

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

We need the UEFA money to move forward and if the songs continue the stadium could be closed and even a ban from the competition.

No Euro games will make us struggle financially and sell our best players. After what our club has suffered financially in the past few years only selfish and non-Rangers thinking folk would sing these songs again 

If we want to be winning trophies we need the best players we can afford. UEFA competition is worth multi-millions. Nobody near me better be singing these words 

1 minute ago, To Be A Ranger said:

We need the UEFA money to move forward and if the songs continue the stadium could be closed and even a ban from the competition.

No Euro games will make us struggle financially and sell our best players. After what our club has suffered financially in the past few years only selfish and non-Rangers thinking folk would sing these songs again 

If we want to be winning trophies we need the best players we can afford. UEFA competition is worth multi-millions. Nobody near me better be singing these words 

A guy I met put it into perspective. He can’t go and watch a team he has supported all his life because someone knowingly behaved in a way that stopped him going on Thursday 

he was fucking raging 

this is all this should be about. Fuck all else

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

A guy I met put it into perspective. He can’t go and watch a team he has supported all his life because someone knowingly behaved in a way that stopped him going on Thursday 

he was fucking raging 

That should be enough for people to think twice about what they sing.

I don't agree that's all this should be about though. We also need to play in Euro competitions.

Either way it's time for change.

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

I will be there on Thursday and I won't be singing the words speculated to be the problem. I doubt TBB will even be sung at all and I doubt that any fan will want the club harmed. I will defend our right sing pretty much anything from our song sheet, but we do need clarity on it.

I would not be happy with an end to TBB as it is our anthem and changing a few words should be all that is required and there will be no doubt and the fans at large will be happy with it. Only the naysaying shit stirrers in here say ah but some will still sing the old words, which is absolute nonsense, as I say no one wants to harm the club, but there are a few who certainly want us to be divided and impose their appeasing will on the rest of us,

Like everything else, this board have handled this very badly. Just give us the clarity and we move on, but not that it will stop the haters, as they WILL also move on to something else in their hate campaign against us.

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I will be there on Thursday and I won't be singing the words speculated to be the problem. I doubt TBB will even be sung at all and I doubt that any fan will want the club harmed. I will defend our right sing pretty much anything from our song sheet, but we do need clarity on it.

I would not be happy with an end to TBB as it is our anthem and changing a few words should be all that is required and there will be no doubt and the fans at large will be happy with it. Only the naysaying shit stirrers in here say ah but some will still sing the old words, which is absolute nonsense, as I say no one wants to harm the club, but there are a few who certainly want us to be divided and impose their appeasing will on the rest of us,

Like everything else, this board have handled this very badly. Just give us the clarity and we move on, but not that it will stop the haters, as they WILL also move on to something else in their hate campaign against us.

Honestly wish I shared your confidence that it wont be sung on Thursday, there's some who will just as out of stupidity since they've been told not to, like weans basically.

The board coming out and saying something to clarify is the only way to put the ball firmly back in the hands of the fans, if they say you cannot sing this and this & we still do it then we've only ourselves to blame if we get more sanctions. As it stands just now, people will play the idiot card and say they didn't know they couldn't sing it. 

Completely agree though that now they've started with the sanctions we are under the watch even more than before and anything we do in Europe at least over the next few months will be heavily scrutinised & it won't be long before the SFA get involved.

4 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Honestly wish I shared your confidence that it wont be sung on Thursday, there's some who will just as out of stupidity since they've been told not to, like weans basically.

The board coming out and saying something to clarify is the only way to put the ball firmly back in the hands of the fans, if they say you cannot sing this and this & we still do it then we've only ourselves to blame if we get more sanctions. As it stands just now, people will play the idiot card and say they didn't know they couldn't sing it. 

Completely agree though that now they've started with the sanctions we are under the watch even more than before and anything we do in Europe at least over the next few months will be heavily scrutinised & it won't be long before the SFA get involved.

Well exactly. The solution is simple. Give us the clarity. Give us the leadership that we have never had under this board and all will be well on our side, but not for one moment will it stop our haters as they move on to something else to handicap us and that is the single biggest crime of this board in their appeasement of them.

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Well exactly. The solution is simple. Give us the clarity. Give us the leadership that we have never had under this board and all will be well on our side, but not for one moment will it stop our haters as they move on to something else to handicap us and that is the single biggest crime of this board in their appeasement of them.

Completely agree. 

We need a ‘can’t sing’ list, or a list of words or phrases that can’t be included. 

The ‘everyone already knows’ patter doesn’t wash. It can’t be open to interpretation. Clearly all fans don’t or there wouldn’t be debate about it. 

11 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Two clear and concise posts guys, please just give us the information that we need and then we can take it forward. 

Why that is too difficult I do not know, but as long as we remember everyone and anyone is welcome at Ibrox, just maybe not too many bad protestant people. :happy:  

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Completely agree. 

We need a ‘can’t sing’ list, or a list of words or phrases that can’t be included. 

The ‘everyone already knows’ patter doesn’t wash. It can’t be open to interpretation. Clearly all fans don’t or there wouldn’t be debate about it. 

This x 100%. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

he was fucking raging 

These songs won’t be sung again but who is this someone you mention,the majority of the stadium sung this song so don’t pretend you or your pal are outraged and completely innocent. The amount of people on here pointing the finger at others is a joke,I have sung it and everyone I know has sung it’s lets get of our high horses and stop All this pish. 

5 minutes ago, Dickie said:

These songs won’t be sung again but who is this someone you mention,the majority of the stadium sung this song so don’t pretend you or your pal are outraged and completely innocent. The amount of people on here pointing the finger at others is a joke,I have sung it and everyone I know has sung it’s lets get of our high horses and stop All this pish. 

He’s not my mate I met him on Saturday for the first time. 

I’ve sung it in the past as a teen going to games full of it so I’m no sanctimonious cunt.  

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

No

How does that stand. I was charged a good few years ago with religiously aggrievated breach of the piece and yes it was specifically for calling the polis adirty fenian bastard. Ironically that charge was what stopped me from getting a job in a care home