CD7 Closed

4 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Agreed but would you be happy with stadium closures or worse? Something has to give. 

SG asked in his last statement for the backing of the fans to create an atmosphere. Doesn't matter with the best of intentions who tries to start an atmosphere without UB there, it falls flat on its arse. 

Will you be at this game cause you can certainly give it a go if you want? The UB do carry on throughout the games no matter what. You can  say they aren't an important section compared to others, but for that, they really are. Some of their songs aren't great, but they keep going. They start and continue to finish. 

10 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Agreed, most fans like them because they start the atmosphere. It is obvious why the club have gone to them first though.

Don’t think it’s just the atmosphere thing i think it’s most can relate to them..

Think it’s poor that club have picked on them.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Aye. Gives fines anaw 

So we keep on signing, get fined or stadium closed or kicked out the tournament which impacts on income and available revenue as well as longer term attracting players? 

Not to mention if the SFA start to try and follow suit and start placing sanctions.

But as long as the party atmosphere keeps on going we have nothing to worry about.

5 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

SG asked in his last statement for the backing of the fans to create an atmosphere. Doesn't matter with the best of intentions who tries to start an atmosphere without UB there, it falls flat on its arse. 

Will you be at this game cause you can certainly give it a go if you want? The UB do carry on throughout the games no matter what. You can  say they aren't an important section compared to others, but for that, they really are. Some of their songs aren't great, but they keep going. They start and continue to finish. 

There are positives and negatives to that. Yes they generate an atmosphere but having read the UEFA stuff, they are monitoring heavily so the club have to act.

You can be assured that next weekend the old firm game will be monitored like hell too.

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

There are positives and negatives to that. Yes they generate an atmosphere but having read the UEFA stuff, they are monitoring heavily so the club have to act.

You can be assured that next weekend the old firm game will be monitored like hell too.

You can be rest assured UB aren't going to take kindly to what's happening now. It's not just UB who sing these songs. The board should have enough balls to stand up to this nonsense. As said, it won't matter if everyone is on their best behaviour...the media and anyone involved with that lot will lie through their teeth to keep the pressure on our club. It's up to the board to take a stand and tell them straight, that if we are getting ridiculous sanctions made on us then the same should apply for EVERYONE else who sings songs, name calls and hangs effegies all over their stadiums etc. What is good for the goose blah blah blah. 

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

It is poor but it is also obvious why they have done so.

I hope the UB’s absolutely rinse the board in a statement and their displays.

Also, if we go out of Europe then get beat by taigs then the board might just have a bigger issue.

4 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

😂😂 

But but those terrible bad UB are all to blame. They give us a terrible bad name they should be banned I tell you, I’m pure going to cry into my hot chocolate tonight. 

Guessing coz the amount of Legia fans coming the broomie front doesn’t come to 3k of us 

Any of us who are incapable of creating an atmosphere on a European night need to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask themselves why?   Much as the UBs do an excellent job BF1 is one section in one part of the ground. Time to stand up and be counted.

7 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

You can be rest assured UB aren't going to take kindly to what's happening now. It's not just UB who sing these songs. The board should have enough balls to stand up to this nonsense. As said, it won't matter if everyone is on their best behaviour...the media and anyone involved with that lot will lie through their teeth to keep the pressure on our club. It's up to the board to take a stand and tell them straight, that if we are getting ridiculous sanctions made on us then the same should apply for EVERYONE else who sings songs, name calls and hangs effegies all over their stadiums etc. What is good for the goose blah blah blah. 

I agree with your post STG, but you know the board will not do anything. I am also not happy that they apparently knew after the game (18/7) that we had been reported but never told the fans then about what could happen if the same songs were sung again and we have had two UEFA games at Ibrox after that. 

Our board do  not care about the fans once we have bought our season tickets for each season, not nice to accept but that is what their actions tell me since the hivs final and up to today. 

8 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Any of us who are incapable of creating an atmosphere on a European night need to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask themselves why?   Much as the UBs do an excellent job BF1 is one section in one part of the ground. Time to stand up and be counted.

Take it you were at the games last season when UB went on strike? 

I hope the fans do go tonto for full 90 minutes.. that would be excellent. 

9 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Exactly this. 

If you don’t get up and support the team and sing on Thursday - you’re better off sitting on the couch at home.

The manager has asked for the stadium to be rocking on Thursday and if you don’t play a part you need a serious word with yourself.

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I agree with your post STG, but you know the board will not do anything. I am also not happy that they apparently knew after the game (18/7) that we had been reported but never told the fans then about what could happen if the same songs were sung again and we have had two UEFA games at Ibrox after that. 

Our board do  not care about the fans once we have bought our season tickets for each season, not nice to accept but that is what their actions tell me since the hivs final and up to today. 

Yep, our board an absolute embarrassment for our fans and club. They have zero shame. 

3 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Unless the UEFA wankers said BF1 had to closed and their shite sign put there, I would agree 100%.

what UEFA actually sad - from the club

UEFA has ruled that a section, or sections containing no fewer than 3000 seats must be shut off during the club’s next European match, which is the home match against Legia Warsaw. The area, or areas to be closed will be announced in due course and the Club will do its best to restrict the impact to offending supporters.

1 minute ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Yep, our board an absolute embarrassment for our fans and club. They have zero shame. 

That is why we will have to find out exactly what has to stop being sung, I do not agree with others who say we do know, and that has to come from the Club.

The problem is the main fans group are so far up the boards arse they will not demand that so we will be left wondering I would imagine.   

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

what UEFA actually sad - from the club

UEFA has ruled that a section, or sections containing no fewer than 3000 seats must be shut off during the club’s next European match, which is the home match against Legia Warsaw. The area, or areas to be closed will be announced in due course and the Club will do its best to restrict the impact to offending supporters.

Not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with what I said in reply to the other poster mate? :happy:

It seems things have moved on since then because I have read that it is BF1 and probably CD6/7. I assume that UEFA will insist that their banner will be in BF1 so that the cameras can show it to the world how bad we all are at being 'racist'.  

Just now, Bears r us said:

Not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with what I said in reply to the other poster mate? :happy:

It seems things have moved on since then because I have read that it is BF1 and probably CD6/7. I assume that UEFA will insist that their banner will be in BF1 so that the cameras can show it to the world how bad we all are at being 'racist'.  

Neither tbh -- just seems to be so many rumours just putting out what the club reported though they haven't yet provided much detail. 

3 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

Hope the UB go to war with the club

That’s a war they’ll lose very quickly. The UBs/BF1 was the area that was reported therefore the club don’t really have much option but to close it. 

Rather than go to war with them they would be better served working with the club as they are best placed to stop this from happening again, IMO. 

Something I find suspect is why they have waited until we have sold the tickets before informing us that we have to keep 3000 empty seats.. what's their reasons for fucking over fans who have already bought tickets? Why could this not have waited until our next home game?