CD7 Closed

I am far from the UB biggest fan but the way the board are hanging them out to dry is a disgrace and need to be pulled up,on this.  If I was not going on Thursday I would give them my tickets so a couple of the lads could go.

The board have our money now , We the fans have put Rangers where they are not Dave King and the board , who failed to back Warburton with serious cash then wasted about £10m on Pedro and his fucking duds he signed.  Before any cunt goes on about Morelos, that was Johannsom that discovered him. 

As I said , thing are back to pre admin when the board shaft the supporters but want £60 for tops , £50 for a kids top, £400 odd quid season books , fuck knows how many friendliest wenjust played there at home , Europa league tickets and cup tickets , it works out a small fortune to the average guy and for the club to come out a do this is just wrong.  

4 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

TBB Super Rangers for definite.  

The club cannnot sanction a song as acceptable as songs that mention UVF would also be banned. I suspect these would be difficult to defend. 

Fuck off

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

The Club need to come out specifically and say this is the list of unacceptable songs and why, and then fans can follow suit. 

There’s far too much ambiguity. People are guessing, from TBB to Ryan Jack song. 

The Club, as usual, are acting like amateurs. 

This should now certainly happen, but you will still get fans not wanting them to do it 'because we all know what they are' well this has gone far beyond what many of us thought would happen for a few songs being sung, so we must be told. 

I very rarely sing these bad words but I am fucking annoyed we are being hung out to dry by an organisation that we know is corrupt and full of wankers who thing throwing  things at players is not as bad as songs. The world has gone bloody mad. :facepalm:

51 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

The club cannnot sanction a song as acceptable as songs that mention UVF would also be banned. I suspect these would be difficult to defend. 

Songs about a regiment of the British army. I suppose the German soldiers that wrote poems about their bravery are anti catholic bigots as well then.

Aye nae bother.

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

I am far from the UB biggest fan butbthe way the boar are hanging them out to dry is a disgrace and need to be pulled up,on this.  If I was not going on Thursday I would give them my tickets so a couple of the lads could go.

The board have our money now , We the fans have put Rangers where they are not Dave King and the board , who failed to back Warburton with serious cash then wasted about £10m on Pedro and his fucking duds he signed.  Before any cunt goes on about Morelos, that was Johannsom that discovered him. 

As I said , thing are back to pre admin when the board shaft the supporters but want £60 for tops , £50 for a kids top, £400 odd quid season books , fuck knows how many friendliest wenjust played there at home , Europa league tickets and cup tickets , it works out a small fortune to the average guy and for the club to come out a do this is just wrong.  

So what part of the ground would you close?

Don’t fancy us losing 2 of the best chants we have over this shite no matter how ridiculous and wrong it is.

Surely it can’t be that hard for someone like the UB to change/remove the supposedly offensive word and get everyone on board with it 

Not that they’ll be too happy to get on side with the club on this after the way they’ve been treated 

4 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Don’t fancy us losing 2 of the best chants we have over this shite no matter how ridiculous and wrong it is.

Surely it can’t be that hard for someone like the UB to change/remove the supposedly offensive word and get everyone on board with it 

Not that they’ll be too happy to get on side with the club on this after the way they’ve been treated 

Paedo for fenian , problem solved. The only issue is some people would sing the old version and we're back to square one. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

So what songs have we been specifically cited for? And what others aren’t allowed? 

The Billy boys and super Rangers in this case. No Pope of Rome,  the famine song not allowed. It's not that difficult.

1 minute ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Suppose TBB is cleaned up.....the next complaint will be that it glorifies an anti catholic razor gang. We are going to need to box clever, forsee the problems and fight them in order that we can turn it back on them and their iraoke.

The Rangers boys instead of the billy boys.

1 hour ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

Regarding the UVF, Rangers fans do NOT sing about the proscribed organisation but the brave men of WWI.

Just now, dougal72 said:

Paedo for fenian , problem solved. The only issue is some people would sing the old version and we're back to square one. 

As I said you’d need the UB to be the instigators and I think you could get people on board with it and drown out those singing the original.

They’ve managed to get Ibrox singing new songs like Every Saturday We Follow surely they can help get everyone to change one word to keep 2 of our loudest songs. Get all these pishy Facebook fan groups to spread the word as well and in the modern age with how information travels it shouldn’t be too hard.

Super Rangers on a European night especially gets the hairs on the back of the neck standing up  and I’d be sad to see it and TBB go from our songbook 

Agreed , but for the foreseeable future they have to be binned on Euro nights. Maybe see if we can get everyone on board with new words domestically and then bring them back on Euro nights further down the line. We just cant risk it in Europe for the next few years.

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

As I said you’d need the UB to be the instigators and I think you could get people on board with it and drown out those singing the original.

They’ve managed to get Ibrox singing new songs like Every Saturday We Follow surely they can help get everyone to change one word to keep 2 of our loudest songs. Get all these pishy Facebook fan groups to spread the word as well and in the modern age with how information travels it shouldn’t be too hard.

Super Rangers on a European night especially gets the hairs on the back of the neck standing up  and I’d be sad to see it and TBB go from our songbook 

I have no problem with changing the word and I'm a worst cunt, but the apoeasers are insistent with the ah but, some will just sing the old words. Like they would or even be heard ffs. They are all that is wrong with our support and causing division whilst accusing others.

Disappointed at BF1 being closed pretty much means the atmosphere will be dead now especially at such a crucial fixture and UB shouldn’t be getting throwing under the bus every fan all has a part to play in this imo I appreciate everything the UB do and what they bring to club on match days the noise and displays are brilliant 

4 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Moat of those fa ebook pages are utter pish and will land us with a full stadium closure. 

The few I'm on are all for defiantly belting out the offending tunes on Thursday night and don't care if it the club get thrown out of Europe for it

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

They had to close something.  No matter where they chose, people would be angry.

Directing your anger at the board is pointless though, as they are only complying with the punishment set out by UEFA.

Wrong. The board issued two seperate statements condemning the fans who chanted those illegal words in Gibraltar, allegedly both racist and sectarian.

No due process, no evidence of such chants, no perpetrators identified and/or penalised or brought to justice. No prior prohibition of any chants or songs.

It seems like we've been manhandled into assuming blame on a very touchy subject. If we object to these false charges, we'll be accused of vindicating bigotry, tarnish our reputation and give our haters license to demonise us forever.  

17 minutes ago, gogzy said:

They had to close something.  No matter where they chose, people would be angry.

Directing your anger at the board is pointless though, as they are only complying with the punishment set out by UEFA.

Some people just go for the board whatever the situation ... divide ad conquer from our enemies 

33 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Set out by Liewell - influential instigator, you mean?