Siege mentality

King Jela

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Hearts and minds :lol:

We are not invading Afghanistan. Place has lost its mind.

I just had the thought that I'm surprised nobody has blamed Brexit for this yet :lol: You know the British club being punished by those Europeans etc etc. Shame I've retired the old fishing rod....

I’m finished getting upset about  it, Scottish football is set up for one team, they’ll win this latest battle with the refs and their compliant officer will find ways to ban Rangers players, that’s just the way it is. We need to win with that cheating included.

If Rangers was to turn around today and say they’ve bought Bury to create a Rangers Bury team in the English league and we’re finished with Scottish football, then I’d be happy. ( obviously not happening)

17 hours ago, 10pshortof17pound said:

This goes back to the St Joseph's tie - do the UEFA punishments dished out today only go back that far or have they included more recent ties - what worries me is that  that's the first transgression established and if there is a similar charge  pending from the game against the Danes we are looking at games getting played behind closed doors.

Two clubs were punished yesterday for similar offences, us and Levski Sofia. Our game took place on July 18th. Levski's on July 11th.

15 hours ago, MisterC said:

I just had the thought that I'm surprised nobody has blamed Brexit for this yet :lol: You know the British club being punished by those Europeans etc etc. Shame I've retired the old fishing rod....

There is a post on FF...'UEFA has always been anti-British'

16 hours ago, MisterC said:

Can you delete this idiots post before it ends up all over Twitter mate.

3 hours ago, Chineseboy said:

Idiot

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

There is a post on FF...'UEFA has always been anti-British'

Yep I remember years ago the English claiming they were being victimised when they were banned from Europe for about 5 years. Nothing to do with the death and destruction left in their wake mind u

19 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Funny how this charge raises its head just now, the week that could possibly see us progress to the europa league group stages and also look to consolidate our position as genuine title challengers (celtic v hearts should be tough and gives us a chance v st mirren) then the big one next weekend. 

The charge is from the 18th of July and now rears its head?? Call me a cynic but i think we are getting drawn into a battle of hearts and minds, we are being painted as the bad guys while the mob from the east are embroiled in a child abuse scandle and have had multiple warnings and even scottish court cases brought against some fans (hanging orangemen). This to me is more than just coincidence and we need to tread really carefully in the next couple of weeks. 

I have to say a very good post I think as with most things in life timing is everything 

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Where the fuck are all the 'defenders of the club' you know the groups 'who saved us' why are they so quiet --- why no comments or protests.  A cynic might say because there's no money in it for them  thankfully ah'm not a cynic. 

I was just about to post and ask if the SoS had said anything in the matter

On 23/08/2019 at 20:40, Gascoigne8 said:

Funny how this charge raises its head just now

What?  The day after a Euro game where fans sang songs that we had already been warned were deemed unacceptable and ran the risk of punishment by UEFA?

Stop being so paranoid. Other clubs have received far greater punishments for contravening Regulation 14.

The rules may be flawed but they are the rules.

We are well aware of them and have a choice: don’t break them and you won’t got penalised, OR knowingly break them and accept the consequences.

1 minute ago, beararse said:

What?  The day after a Euro game where fans sang songs that we had already been warned were deemed unacceptable and ran the risk of punishment by UEFA?

Stop being so paranoid. Other clubs have received far greater punishments for contravening Regulation 14.

We are well aware of them and have a choice: don’t break them and you won’t got penalised, OR knowingly break them and accept the consequences.

The report was filed by a former selik employee. 

15 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The report was filed by a former selik employee. 

I’m not arguing about the rights or wrongs or have knowledge of who raised what etc.

Just working with hard facts.

Does the singing of some of our songs open us up to the possibility of punishment?  Yes.

Were we made aware this would be the case? Yes.

Doesn’t matter what we think TBH. The rules are the rules.

I have already posted elsewhere that it can be argued that songs about Fenians aren’t sectarian and are morally acceptable.

These songs are however open to interpretation, with interpretation being swayed by us also singing ‘fuck the Pope’ who is the head of the Catholic Church and as such it is a sectarian chant, therefore songs about killing Fenians is, by association, sectarian.

Best way to avoid punishment is don't break the rules, that way a former celtic employee can’t report us for actually contravening the regulations.

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

That'll be except for the club like no other! In their sectarian and so called political song sheet, along with their banners, both punishable by UEFA.

We don't ask for special treatment, just a level playing field.

We continue to be demonised, torn limb by limb to the point of being more toxic than nuclear waste. 

If you cannot see that this is a concerted campaign against us perp'd by our haters, you are niave in the extreme. To the rest of the planet we and YOU are now racist. Happy with that?!

Our board chose to sit on the complaint for 5 weeks when they could have intervened and warned us off, so nothing to stop more punishments coming our way. Why would that be one could ask?! Maybe nothing more sinister than being utter cowards devoid of a spine and fucking brain cell.

Sure, clean up the song sheet, but the attacks on us will not be ending any time soon. 

14 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Where the fuck are all the 'defenders of the club' you know the groups 'who saved us' why are they so quiet --- why no comments or protests.  A cynic might say because there's no money in it for them  thankfully ah'm not a cynic. 

Protest what exactly?

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

I’m not arguing about the rights or wrongs or have knowledge of who raised what etc.

Just working with hard facts.

Does the singing of some of our songs open us up to the possibility of punishment?  Yes.

Were we made aware this would be the case? Yes.

Doesn’t matter what we think TBH. The rules are the rules.

I have already posted elsewhere that it can be argued that songs about Fenians aren’t sectarian and are morally acceptable.

These songs are however open to interpretation, with interpretation being swayed by us also singing ‘fuck the Pope’ who is the head of the Catholic Church and is a sectarian chant, therefore songs about killing Fenians is, by association, sectarian.

Best way to avoid punishment is don't break the rules, that way a former celtic employee can’t report us for actually contravening the regulations.

This is not about rule breaking and sectarian singing ffs. If it were, nonce fc would have been shut down long ago.

This is about undermining our very existence.

Get out of the dross ffs.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

That'll be except for the club like no other! In their sectarian and so called political song sheet, along with their banners, both punishable by UEFA.

We continue to be demonised, torn limb by limb to the point of being more toxic than nuclear waste. 

If you cannot see that this is a concerted campaign against us perp'd by our haters, you are niave in the extreme. To the rest of the planet we and YOU are now racist. Happy with that?!

Our board chose to sit on the complaint for 5 weeks when they could have intervened and warned us off, so nothing to stop more punishments coming our way. Why would that be one could ask?! Maybe nothing more sinister than being utter cowards devoid of a spine and fucking brain cell.

Sure, clean up the song sheet, but the attacks on us will not be ending any time soon. 

Including the UEFA disciplinary committee?

13 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Mmmm.

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Including the UEFA disciplinary committee?

Firstly there is still no clarity in exactly what we done ie was it certain words or songs in their entirety? We can all make up rules and have definitions, interpretations and misinterpretations to  favour one over another

Secondly the committee have to act based on the observer's report. Garry two 'r's the killy taig ffs! FARE, Nil by mouth ffs! Yes we're getting a fare hearing right enough. No bias there then eh?! Then we have the whisperers and influencers and one not very far from here. As I said if it were about sectarian and political singing, nonce fc would have been closed down long ago. 

Easier for the board to go with the narrative and throw fans under a bus than do their job.

Need I say more?!