Siege mentality

King Jela

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Firstly there is still no clarity in exactly what we done ie was it certain words or songs in their entirety? We can all make up rules and have definitions, interpretations and misinterpretations to  favour one over another

Secondly the committee have to act based on the observer's report. Garry two 'r's the killy taig ffs! FARE, Nil by mouth ffs! Yes we're getting a fare hearing right enough. No bias there then eh?! Then we have the whisperers and influencers and one not very far from here. As I said if it were about sectarian and political singing, nonce fc would have been closed down long ago. 

We don't ask for special treatment, just a level playing field. 

Easier for the board to go with the narrative and throw fans under a bus than do their job.

Need I say more?!

The guy from Killie wasn't the match observer (nor even at Killie at the time). If you're going to complain about a bias, it pays to have the detail correct.

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The guy from Killie wasn't the match observer (nor even at Killie at the time). If you're going to complain about a bias, it pays to have the detail correct.

That's unconfirmed as far as I can see from their statement.

"Garry O’Hagan, a senior and respected sports executive, will be assisting the club in the interim period".

What is known is that Kilmarnock publicly announced Robertson's resignation a week after our St J game, advising O'Hagan was to be helping them. There was no clarification of when she actually stopped fulfilling her role or when O'Hagan stepped in, the statement was ambiguous in this regard.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4570938/stephen-odonnell-kilmarnock-new-contract/amp&ved=2ahUKEwiP7rft1p3kAhUQQ0EAHcCeDJg4ChAWMAZ6BAgFEAE&usg=AOvVaw0hE3qyqNXRpE7Ake_U7tET

According to this report she left in June, so could easily have been any time between then and their statement.

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

This is not about rule breaking and sectarian singing ffs. If it were, nonce fc would have been shut down long ago.

This is about undermining our very existence.

Get out of the dross ffs.

Hard as it is to accept, they don’t sing a song about a head of a religion.

We do, so be definition that is sectarian.

Besides, they have been punished for fabs behaviour and I am sure their day will come.

I don’t give a rich about what they do or don’t.

its all about Rangers and in this current climate, sine songs are simply unacceptable. stop singing them and the immediate problem goes away and we don’t surfer as a result.

Heres a question for you.

Why as a football club in the modern age do we sing  songs about the Pope, other than to agitate one particular team?

And let’s be honest, they expect us to sing it as do we expect their songs. I’m a grown man, I’m not offended by theirs. It’s part and parcel of the rivalry, however it clearly offends and irks the legislators in the game.

Its the society we now live in. Conform to acceptable principles or risk being punished.

4 hours ago, beararse said:

What?  The day after a Euro game where fans sang songs that we had already been warned were deemed unacceptable and ran the risk of punishment by UEFA?

Stop being so paranoid. Other clubs have received far greater punishments for contravening Regulation 14.

The rules may be flawed but they are the rules.

We are well aware of them and have a choice: don’t break them and you won’t got penalised, OR knowingly break them and accept the consequences.

The game in question was st joesephs on the  18th of july ya fuckin roaster, they took until this week to inform us 

1 hour ago, beararse said:

Hard as it is to accept, they don’t sing a song about a head of a religion.

We do, so be definition that is sectarian.

Besides, they have been punished for fabs behaviour and I am sure their day will come.

I don’t give a rich about what they do or don’t.

its all about Rangers and in this current climate, sine songs are simply unacceptable. stop singing them and the immediate problem goes away and we don’t surfer as a result.

Heres a question for you.

Why as a football club in the modern age do we sing  songs about the Pope, other than to agitate one particular team?

And let’s be honest, they expect us to sing it as do we expect their songs. I’m a grown man, I’m not offended by theirs. It’s part and parcel of the rivalry, however it clearly offends and irks the legislators in the game.

Its the society we now live in. Conform to acceptable principles or risk being punished.

Isint that what rivalry is about? To agitate the other side? So you are moaning about Rangers fans singing about people who self identify as "fenians" being called fenians???? You couldnt make some of this shite up. 

5 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Isint that what rivalry is about? To agitate the other side? So you are moaning about Rangers fans singing about people who self identify as "fenians" being called fenians???? You couldnt make some of this shite up. 

nope I’m not moaning about the use of Fenians.

Fenians is acceptable in my book  as it’s a political organisation formed as a separatist organisation.

Fuck the Pope isn’t as it’s sectarian in nature. Sing one after the other and both gradually become one in the same. The intent behind signing them is the same.

Hence why we are now in trouble.

43 minutes ago, beararse said:

nope I’m not moaning about the use of Fenians.

Fenians is acceptable in my book  as it’s a political organisation formed as a separatist organisation.

Fuck the Pope isn’t as it’s sectarian in nature. Sing one after the other and both gradually become one in the same. The intent behind signing them is the same.

Hence why we are now in trouble.

Gie it peace, im not trying to be an uber fan but ive got a season book, do you??   My point isnt im a die hard etc its more to the point i see worse behaviour heading to a game by ordinary citizens than when i get to the game and a certain word is used at a game with 50,000 people. 

5 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Gie it peace, im not trying to be an uber fan but ive got a season book, do you??   My point isnt im a die hard etc its more to the point i see worse behaviour heading to a game by ordinary citizens than when i get to the game and a certain word is used at a game with 50,000 people. 

Absolutely none of what you have just said is relevant to the quote you were commenting on.

We are not debating  what goes on amongst civilians, we are discussing the merits and repercussions of signing songs which are getting us into trouble.

As for your season ticket challenge, I attend limited games per season due to circumstances but pay £317 per annum for the privilege of watching EVERY Rangers game online. 

Where does that place me on the ‘die hard’ scale?

9 hours ago, The Dude said:

Protest what exactly?

Okay, I'll  bite this time, and give you  one that would be smple to highlight, racism.

Pogba and Rashford have come under racial attack this week from online trolls.  Two major outlets, Telegraph and Sky have described our UEFA punishment as being for racist behaviour  and through the timing of their reporting have conflated both incidents.   This narrative needs 'protested' or at least brought into the open by fans groups as it has become far too easy to throw out the 'racist' trope even when inappropriate.  

Challenge the fact we were not punished for racist behaviour because a failure to do so and we as a support wll be garnished by the 'racist' brush and sadly may be believed across the wider UK.  

6 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Okay, I'll  bite this time, and give you  one that would be smple to highlight, racism.

Pogba and Rashford have come under racial attack this week from online trolls.  Two major outlets, Telegraph and Sky have described our UEFA punishment as being for racist behaviour  and through the timing of their reporting have conflated both incidents.   This narrative needs 'protested' or at least brought into the open by fans groups as it has become far too easy to throw out the 'racist' trope even when inappropriate.  

Challenge the fact we were not punished for racist behaviour because a failure to do so and we as a support wll be garnished by the 'racist' brush and sadly may be believed across the wider UK.  

They'll get away with it - even if you complain - because of the way the UEFA charge is worded and the title of the article itself that we were charged under (Racist and other discriminatory behavior).