UEFA have set tone for Rangers, time for SFA and SPFL to follow suit

OceanRain

1 hour ago, TMB said:

There's no strict liability in Scotland so the SFA and SPFL wont be doing anything.  Nor will the clubs themselves be voting in favour of strict liability anytime soon.  It's a nonsense article.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. We need some strong voices to counteract the white noise from those mutants in positions of power because the door is ajar...

19 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. We need some strong voices to counteract the white noise from those mutants in positions of power because the door is ajar...

I’m absolutely certain about it.  The SPFL clubs had the opportunity to introduce strict liability and the answer was a firm no.  I can’t see any reason why that would change, do you?  A recent survey showed very little support for strict liability domestically.  The door has been slammed shut.

0E855AF2-E3A2-4092-A1F7-CAA57BA04A0C.thumb.jpeg.b334f81a4b144e789fc75591c30a6030.jpeg

“Just three SPFL clubs are in favour of adopting strict liability to deal with fan misbehaviour, a BBC Sport Scotland survey has discovered.

The measure, which would involve holding clubs liable for the actions of their supporters, has returned to the agenda in recent weeks after a spate of incidents in Scottish stadiums.

However, in a poll of Scotland's 42 senior clubs, only Championship sides Partick Thistle and Queen of the South, and Annan Athletic in League Two, said they would back such a move.

A total of 14 clubs said they were against strict liability, 17 were not willing to comment, and eight did not respond.“

25 minutes ago, TMB said:

I’m absolutely certain about it.  The SPFL clubs had the opportunity to introduce strict liability and the answer was a firm no.  I can’t see any reason why that would change, do you?  A recent survey showed very little support for strict liability domestically.  The door has been slammed shut.

0E855AF2-E3A2-4092-A1F7-CAA57BA04A0C.thumb.jpeg.b334f81a4b144e789fc75591c30a6030.jpeg

“Just three SPFL clubs are in favour of adopting strict liability to deal with fan misbehaviour, a BBC Sport Scotland survey has discovered.

The measure, which would involve holding clubs liable for the actions of their supporters, has returned to the agenda in recent weeks after a spate of incidents in Scottish stadiums.

However, in a poll of Scotland's 42 senior clubs, only Championship sides Partick Thistle and Queen of the South, and Annan Athletic in League Two, said they would back such a move.

A total of 14 clubs said they were against strict liability, 17 were not willing to comment, and eight did not respond.“

I get that. Lawwell and his puppets will now be lobbying hard for it tho IMO. They might think they have more to gain than lose esp if they win the minds of other clubs around the definition of our songbook and of course our 'racist' abuse 🤪

43 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I get that. Lawwell and his puppets will now be lobbying hard for it tho IMO. They might think they have more to gain than lose esp if they win the minds of other clubs around the definition of our songbook and of course our 'racist' abuse 🤪

celtic don’t want domestic ‘strict liability’ to be introduced anymore than we do.  They have never shown support for it.  The vast majority of SPFL clubs across the divisions don’t want it either.  If the SFA put strict liability on the table it’ll get rejected again, and again.  It’s never going to happen.  

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I honestly don’t remember hearing The Famine Song being sung at Ibrox in years, maybe I’m mistaken but what a random thing to throw in

It’s also a complete minority who shout “fuck the pope and the IRA” 

the songs that get sung regularly these days that I think UEFA have issues with (but, again, until the club finds out nobody can be sure) are the one about being the volunteers of the UVF, super Rangers and TBB occasionally 

Aye but we sing another song about Rangers to the same tune - ergo we must be guilty.  

Even without strict liability, we are open to getting hammered one way or another. The tone has been set.

Players and fans alike will be targetted and our clueless board will stand by and let it happen.

No coincidence that this all favours one club, as the whole planet looks the other way and directly at us. 

Liewell is playing a blinder. This can only be countered by us taking this title and the world of the hater turns to shit.

We are up against it  like never before on our return, but Gerrard is the man to lead us and keep those players focussed despite all the obstacles being put in his way and deliver 55.

To the child rapists looking in, we ARE coming, for YOU !

Let's go!

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Even without strict liability, we are open to getting hammered one way or another. The tone has been set.

Players and fans alike will be targetted and our clueless board will stand by and let it happen.

No coincidence that this all favours one club, as the whole planet looks the other way and directly at us. 

Liewell is playing a blinder. This can only be countered by us taking this title and the world of the hater turns to shit.

We are up against it  like never before on our return, but Gerrard is the man to lead us and keep those players focussed despite all the obstacles being put in his way and deliver 55.

To the child rapists looking in, we ARE coming, for YOU !

Let's go!

as much as the shit storm which has engulfed us we just need to win on the park first and go at our enemies from a position of strength 

31 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I’m sure our away fans will sing some songs tomorrow which will end up all over the media and a short time later a full stadium full of nonces will be giving sectarian chants to hearts but this will be overlooked as usual with nothing said in the media 

That is an absolute certainty . The scum media will have already penned their Monday morning hate fest stories,  towards us . 100% guaranteed

And more positive stories about their favoured  bheasts

6 hours ago, OceanRain said:

Alison McConnell: UEFA have set tone for Rangers, time for SFA and SPFL to follow suit

Time can make things that were once routine seem preposterous. Scotland’s footballing bodies at some stage are going to have to take a look at how to make that happen.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17858315.alison-mcconnell-uefa-set-tone-Rangers-time-sfa-spfl-follow-suit/

Doesn't work just one way Alison so save us the lecture.