Lawwell - Conflict of interest

Robb

8 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Factually correct mate but I imagine there is a fair bit of ‘networking’ goes on in UEFA like any other company or organisation. Given human nature (especially Lawell) I can’t imagine if he had any level of opportunity to get one over or penalise us he wouldn’t do it...

Of course he would, so let's not give the poxy bastard the rope to hang us!!

6 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Factually correct mate but I imagine there is a fair bit of ‘networking’ goes on in UEFA like any other company or organisation. Given human nature (especially Lawell) I can’t imagine if he had any level of opportunity to get one over or penalise us he wouldn’t do it...

Exactly what I was going to post, he is far too smart to be on any disaplinary panel, but will have a route to get his points across to those who are. 

And yes I know we have to stop singing songs that hurt ourselves, but never underestimate that cunt. 

2 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Ah The Dude has managed to get under your skin and makes you believe Liewell is an innocent man. 

Job done. 

Nup. Still pondering. 

Surely he must pass some fella in a corridor with a brown envelope. 

Do they not all do that anyway? 

3 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Ah The Dude has managed to get under your skin and makes you believe Liewell is an innocent man. 

Job done. 

What job is that? Lawwell being on a committe isn't a conflict of interest. Nowhere close. All that people suggesting that it is is doing is showing that they don't understand what a conflict of interest actually is.

If Lawwell being on a committee representing the ECA is a conflict, then there literally can't be a club represented on any UEFA committee as they would ALL have a conflict with teams from their domestic association. Real couldn't have anyone because Barca would complain, United couldn't because City would complain. PSG couldn't because Marseille would complain. and so on.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Do you think anyone at UEFA with any stroke gives a monkeys fuck about Peter Lawwell? We've built this guy up to be some sort of Bond villian when, in reality, outside of Scotland he is utterly insignificant. He sits on a panel three man group with people who are against UEFA's plan because it cuts their access to the CL off and in the several YEARS Lawwell and co have been pushing against it, UEFA haven't paid them the slightest bit of attention.

I can’t disagree with that, I don’t see him sitting in his office stroking a diamond encrusted cat but do you also not agree that he is a proven liar (Japan for example) who has time and time again through statement after statement slated and mocked Rangers since our troubles began. Anything to give his club advantage (reputationally and financially) which is the point of the thread. Given this, he will be accessing other UEFA executive and board members and if you think that organisation is not as steeped in nepotism and corruption as FIFA then I personally think your wrong. Obviously no proof this may be the case but do you not think he would do this and attempt to influence others if he had the opportunity?

Just now, Robmc1 said:

I can’t disagree with that, I don’t see him sitting in his office stroking a diamond encrusted cat but do you also not agree that he is a proven liar (Japan for example) who has time and time again through statement after statement slated and mocked Rangers since our troubles began. Anything to give his club advantage (reputationally and financially) which is the point of the thread. Given this, he will be accessing other UEFA executive and board members and if you think that organisation is not as steeped in nepotism and corruption as FIFA then I personally think your wrong. Obviously no proof this may be the case but do you not think he would do this and attempt to influence others if he had the opportunity?

There's a big difference between sitting taking wee sly digs at an AGM or making up pishy tours and being able to manipulate uefa into helping celtic and harming Rangers. What's in it for the guys on the disciplinary committee? If he's that powerful, why has it taken to now and why does he have no stroke on any other matters within UEFA?

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Do you think anyone at UEFA with any stroke gives a monkeys fuck about Peter Lawwell? We've built this guy up to be some sort of Bond villian when, in reality, outside of Scotland he is utterly insignificant. He sits on a panel three man group with people who are against UEFA's plan because it cuts their access to the CL off and in the several YEARS Lawwell and co have been pushing against it, UEFA haven't paid them the slightest bit of attention.

Even the self proclaimed fenian army was commenting lately on “lawells media” when wanting him thrown out. Your right he hasn’t anything to do with UEFA but he is a conniving bastard that would,if they gave him a chance, fuck us over. He’s got the SFA under his command. 

26 minutes ago, The Dude said:

People have been bought for 40 pieces of silver before

Good god....because they come from different countries you actually think nothing insincere is possible. 

Hilarious. Okay Dude, I'm not entertaining you any further. I'll leave it to others. 

Ps On looking at the list there, that Repka, Partl, Wolff and Lorenz look very suspect in name alone nevermind where they are from (anyone/anywhere)  :lol:

6 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Good god....because they come from different countries you actually think nothing insincere is possible. 

Hilarious. Okay Dude, I'm not entertaining you any further. I'll leave it to others. 

Ps On looking at the list there, that Repka, Partl, Wolff and Lorenz look very suspect in name alone nevermind where they are from (anyone/anywhere)  :lol:

Not said anything about that, i provided the names on the committee. Not sure how that's what you took from my post either tbh. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There's a big difference between sitting taking wee sly digs at an AGM or making up pishy tours and being able to manipulate uefa into helping celtic and harming Rangers. What's in it for the guys on the disciplinary committee? If he's that powerful, why has it taken to now and why does he have no stroke on any other matters within UEFA?

Like I said there is no proof but in my opinion he has certainly gained an unhealthy level of influence in the Scottish game which in my opinion has been detrimental to all except them. The thread is subjective and in my personal opinion the more access and networking opportunity he has with an organisation such as UEFA he appears to be the type of character who would use any influence to his advantage which if it meant trouble for us all the better. Maybe (notionally) he is now in such a position to start to exert a level of influence. I was always of the belief that despite the amount of UEFA charges libelled against celtic they always got off relatively lightly, I attributed this to celtic minded influence somewhere along the line, again no proof just my thoughts...