Our Board

Ben10

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

FARE reported BF1 for 2 songs.  The Kilmarnock CE is training to be a UEFA observer and tipped off the official Uefa observer about TBB who reported it.  They got us two ways.

To be honest with you Sparkle, I guess a lot of that is guesswork from people putting two and two together. I don’t think UEFA have it in for us at all. Would it have been a Feyenoord director that told the UEFA delegate to look out for Ajax fans singing bad words in a European game? They obviously know what they’re listening out for and act accordingly. Like I’ve said previously the delegate that reported us was supposedly Norwegian, he or she isn’t going to give one fuck about Rangers or celtic. I can’t say I give a shit about taking sides between Rosenborg or Molde.

5 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

They were saying what we've been charged with - the "racist behaviour" part is how UEFA have worded the charge and the club released a statement on the charge. They can't deny the charge or argue against part of it once we've been found guilty, unless we were appealing.

It's UEFA who have put sectarian chants alongside racist behaviour, not the board.

Levski Sofia were also charged with racist behaviour and that was due to a banner.

“ Racist behaviour - which includes Sectarian singing”.

Were we charged with something else as well as the singing because that’s what that implies to me.

1 hour ago, Allyup said:

I just want to support Rangers and if some people cant do that without singing sectarian songs  about old battles that belong in the past that are clearly hurting our club and will cause it damage then maybe they should stop supporting us and find some other cause

If only it were that simple my love. But I do appreciate your outlook. You are tomorrow's future for sure.

10 minutes ago, LV said:

Not asking who sanctioned the signing of the Manager but who brought him in .As you have said in your answer your not for telling for personal reasons that's fine 

Let me say he wasn't "brought" in the traditional sense, but it was good business on either side. Can't say anymore than that.

To add, nothing sinister or dodgy,

27 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why has our board to comment on every fucking thing, why ?

Is it not good enough that our very own fucking manager came out and told folks to fucking behave, why is that so hard to comprehend?

It’s damaging 

exactly

13 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

They were saying what we've been charged with - the "racist behaviour" part is how UEFA have worded the charge and the club released a statement on the charge. They can't deny the charge or argue against part of it once we've been found guilty, unless we were appealing.

It's UEFA who have put sectarian chants alongside racist behaviour, not the board.

Levski Sofia were also charged with racist behaviour and that was due to a banner.

If you feel you have to explain their statement for them then there's clearly an issue.

It was a clusterfuck.

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

“ Racist behaviour - which includes Sectarian singing”.

Were we charged with something else as well as the singing because that’s what that implies to me.

The "racist behaviour" charge will cover a variety of issues - probably to save UEFA from unnecessary paperwork and having to categorise thousands of individual charges, so sectarianism, illicit banners, actual racist behaviour etc will all be covered under the same "charge". 

4 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

If you have to explain their statement for them then there's clearly an issue.

It was a clusterfuck.

I'm only giving  my opinion of the statement and how i interpreted it tbh. I could be wrong obviously.

I don't see how they could've said anything else tbh, given the nature of the charge against us.

1 hour ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Ok let’s get the easedales and spivs all back yeah great idea for fuck sake.

incase you hasn’t noticed there wasn’t and still isn’t some billionaire who wants to take over Rangers.

the current board have done a lot more good to our club then bad.

aye let’s protest you absolute moron 

I think it's past your bedtime 

It's really weird isn't it, this board have done brilliantly bringing our team to a point where we appear to be genuine title challengers, yet I can't stand them for their failure to stand behind the supporters when they should be doing so, BTW I'm not talking about the currant singing the F word debate as IMO it's impossible for them to challenge that given the prior warnings and Uefa's own rules it's just the general silence that emanates from the boardroom when it's really been needed, just imagine what we could achieve if we had a board who would be willing to back us even half as much as the scums, we'd be unstoppable.

1 hour ago, Allyup said:

I just want to support Rangers and if some people cant do that without singing sectarian songs  about old battles that belong in the past that are clearly hurting our club and will cause it damage then maybe they should stop supporting us and find some other cause

What songs you referring to Maureen, we were not punished for any songs related to old battles

The board need to realise, anything they have put into Rangers is chump change compared to what we put it

there wouldn’t even be a Rangers to invest in if it wasn’t for us fans, they are here as long as their money is here, we are here for life an so are our children

the cunts take us for granted 

2 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

The board need to realise, anything they have put into Rangers is chump change compared to what we put it

there wouldn’t even be a Rangers to invest in if it wasn’t for us fans, they are here as long as their money is here, we are here for life an so are our children

the cunts take us for granted 

And will Continue to take us for granted. Usually pipe up when the season ticket money is due then don't hear anything for what seems like a year 

I blame the schools, the indoctrination starts there. Thats why our support is full of weak apologists with little sense of identity  desperate to prove their metro credentials. and theirs is full of motivated , coached and counselled zealots.    

Its odd that so many are prepared to be dictated to and have a small group determine what is offensive by proxy. 

2 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

To be honest mate as far as I’m aware this latest sanction is fuck all to do with FARE, from what I can gather it’s come straight from the UEFA delegate at the game. I could be wrong but that’s my understanding. 

Could Lawwell be using his influence at UEFA to tighten up these rules. by putting Rangers in the headlines helps his club keep the cover up off the front page?

SPFL chiefs have come under fire from anti-bigotry charity Nil By Mouth for lagging behind in their efforts to tackle sectarianism.

The group have accused league bosses of routinely ignoring the issue and insist UEFA's punishment on Rangers shows strict liability IS the way forward.

It comes after Rangers were ordered to close a section of Ibrox for next week's Europa League clash with Legia Warsaw after UEFA came down hard on sectarian chants heard during the win over St Joseph's last month.

Ibrox will be 3000 supporters down for the return fixture with a place in the lucrative group stages at stake.

Rangers warned fans who refuse to stop singing sectarian songs they aren't welcome at Ibrox with the threat of total stadium closure on the cards if the problem doesn't go away.

Nil By Mouth have welcomed UEFA 's move. And they have claimed European football's governing body have shown the SPFL the way.

Campaign Director Dave Scott said: “This shows how far our league is behind Europe in tackling sectarianism in football.

"This stuff happens routinely in our grounds — but it’s routinely ignored, glossed over and they don’t want to confront it.

“Neil Doncaster said strict liability doesn’t work but Uefa think it does — and Rangers have accepted the punishment. We have strict liability in Europe, zero liability in Scotland.”

The SPFL have declined to comment.

Strict liability is a measure which would involve holding clubs liable for the actions of their supporters.

However Scottish clubs are against the idea and a BBC Scotland poll of the 42 senior clubs showed only three were in favour - Partick Thistle, Queen of the South and Annan Athletic.

A total of 14 clubs said they were against strict liability, 17 were not willing to comment, and eight did not respond.

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/Rangers-uefa-punishment-sectarianism-shows-18996229

4 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

They will unfortunately always be above criticism in some people's eyes. That's why they'll never be properly held to account.

The ship has sailed regards King .Like DM before him .He can do and not be transparent when he likes .He runs the show .I absolutely despise the man for so many reasons 

2 hours ago, Allyup said:

You'll be wanting Flower of Scotland banned aswell then will you

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

This isn’t just about this particular ban from UEFA, the board have threw us and the club under the bus for decades. 

CB 

after what happened to us 8 years ago 

This board are ultimately the worst of the lot .Fron the Cup final debacle to this latest disgrace .They do not deserve the support of the loyal Rangers fans 

They are gutless cowardly bastards to a man 

3 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I am not their biggest fan but I don’t quite know or understand how fans want the board to react after the news broke the other day. Do you want them to organise a special meeting with UEFA to discuss why it’s ok to use the word fenian? Regardless of what your opinion is (and I’ve sang those songs before like most people have) they are the rules and we are not going to change them

I expect them to pose some questions at least, what is the racist element ? Why haven't we been given a warning at least before the stadium closure ? Will this be implemented across the board in europe when teams offend ? 

20 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

I expect them to pose some questions at least, what is the racist element ? Why haven't we been given a warning at least before the stadium closure ? Will this be implemented across the board in europe when teams offend ? 

I 'd like to know the answer to the question i've highlighted in your post. By excepting this and not challenging it the board have let fans be dubbed as racist which could have a knock on effect when trying to get sponsors etc. 

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I 'd like to know the answer to the question i've highlighted in your post. By excepting this and not challenging it the board have let fans be dubbed as racist which could have a knock on effect when trying to get sponsors etc. 

Thats the puzzling part, only thing I can think of is it comes under the same breach and if it does the system is flawed, this is exactly what should be questioned.

Fuck even Martin Bain had enough backbone to question FARE

Firstly the songs must stop this is not up for debate but the outcry about the fans  losing the club income because of lost revenue isa fucking joke. How much have we pished away by fighting Ashley,legal bills,lost sales and it  is still not settled but will run into millions. Judge at last review said our club secretary was a liar and untrustworthy but the clown is still employed and is probably part of the mob who decided to hang us out to dry by accepting this latest pish. The board set us back years by appointing Pedro but have been excused this because we now have Gerrard. Think about this,6 cunts run onto the pitch at killie to celebrate,600 hibs fans run onto Hamden to cause mayhem,who has been condemned more and by their own board,think about it.