Our Board

Ben10

13 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I don’t take too much interest in following celtic’s catalogue of disciplinary breaches but I know there have been lots and I would imagine they too won’t be far off getting a stadium section closed either. Are we suggesting here that UEFA have some kind of preference to celtic over Rangers because I just don’t buy into that. Plenty of teams get done by UEFA for disciplinary incidents, including Ajax for using the f word. 

Daz

11 hours ago, don logan said:

This board has given us a team that I genuinely think can win the League. That's all that really matters for me.

What happens if we don't win the league , and then the next season . Think you may find your opinion changes there

22 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

You'll be wanting Flower of Scotland banned aswell then will you

Actually I would . Never heard such a boring dirge if I am honest.

to think when I was young I thought it was stirring.

I was young and daft then

I have much more in common with the English than I do with any other European.

biological fact.

1 hour ago, Allyup said:

biological fact.

It’s better than GSTQ let’s be honest. Rule Britannia is much better

On 24/08/2019 at 21:22, Allyup said:

I just want to support Rangers and if some people cant do that without singing sectarian songs  about old battles that belong in the past that are clearly hurting our club and will cause it damage then maybe they should stop supporting us and find some other cause

What sectarian songs would you be talking about then?  Because no song we sing about  battles old or new are sectarian. 

The board have done a lot of good things for us. I think at times some fans are a little unrealistic in terms of what we, the club, can and can't say/do publicly and they also inherited a bit of a mess. They have a pretty difficult job and it's impossible to please every fan.

Equally the board have made many mistakes. Some of our statements have been amateurish and shambolic. The lack of defending of us, the fans, at times has been poor, and the least said about some of our retail/legal dealings the better. There is a lot that can be done to improve our PR that's for sure. 

Like all fans though I just want to see a successful team on the park and for that part, I think we are very close. Ultimately that's of the utmost importance right now, certainly to me anyway.

It's therefore fucking shite that we now find ourselves in this position where we have more infighting. It's just something we don't need although it's always something that seems to attach itself with us. For years it seems some think they are bigger than the club in all manner of forms. However, Rangers are bigger than any one player, manager, director, fan etc and all this negativity and conflict is helping no one. There is always this divide and some expect you to pick sides. I'm neither pro or against the board or certain fans groups. I'm merely pro Rangers. Sometimes the board will do well and I'll praise them. Sometimes they'll fuck up and I'll criticise them. 

Over the years we always seem to have too many egos on the park, in the boardroom and/or in the stands. It's impossible to lay blame solely with one party without all the facts. The fans need the club and the club is nothing without the fans. I just wish our communication was better and we actually worked together. We all need each other. There's too much at stake and if it means some or all parties making concessions then so be it. To do all this publicly isn't a great look either. We really need to nip this in the bud asap. We don't need anything that may potentially derail our fight on the park.

In short, everyone needs to knock their heads together, sort their shit out and get the fucking league won! Should probably have just posted this!

13 hours ago, Allyup said:

biological fact.

Aye but you want it banned because its a boring dirge not because it glorifies battles or people from hundreds of years ago.

I want to know why songs about King Billy are deemed Sectarian. An army tried to invade a city and a leader rallied the troops and defied that army. Just because the invading army happened to be backed by the Vatican doesn't make commemorating the defense of the city a hate crime.

I don't get bent out of shape over the English singing about crushing a Scottish rebellion or the fucking Yanks singing about Lexington and Concord.

Meanwhile across the city they allow a section of their support into the ground with banners that reference a terrorist organisation (that killed Protestants and Catholics btw) a fucken terrorist organisation that absolutely 100% for a fact collaborated with the Nazi's. As far as I'm concerned their support might as well be showing up to games dressed as the fucking SS.

I backed the board on certain things and I honestly believe we are still in a much better position than we ever would have been if Ashley and the Easdales were still involved in my club. However that statement they released on Friday was a disgrace and a total own goal by them and the PR department. Using the term 'racist' was an absolute joke and just shows how far they are behind in terms of the PR war we are currently in. Every headline from each mainline news station lifted their headline from their statement which included the term 'racist chanting'. They are either so fucking far removed from what's going on just now or they are just so incompetent that they have totally fucked up and again giving our haters the ammo that is needed to attack us and call our supports racists - which we aren't and have never been. It's not for the first time in recent weeks either as the Kilmarnock carry on still eaves a bad taste in my mouth also with them yet again failing to defend us against downright lies and false accusations.

31 minutes ago, B1872 said:

the Kilmarnock carry on still eaves a bad taste in my mouth

Likewise, if we had anywhere near a competent ‘fit for purpose’ media strategy we should have been on the front foot setting the narrative as soon as that game had ended. It beckons belief for a national institution of our size how amateur we appear to be in this department...

12 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

The board have done a lot of good things for us. I think at times some fans are a little unrealistic in terms of what we, the club, can and can't say/do publicly and they also inherited a bit of a mess. They have a pretty difficult job and it's impossible to please every fan.

Equally the board have made many mistakes. Some of our statements have been amateurish and shambolic. The lack of defending of us, the fans, at times has been poor, and the least said about some of our retail/legal dealings the better. There is a lot that can be done to improve our PR that's for sure. 

Like all fans though I just want to see a successful team on the park and for that part, I think we are very close. Ultimately that's of the utmost importance right now, certainly to me anyway.

It's therefore fucking shite that we now find ourselves in this position where we have more infighting. It's just something we don't need although it's always something that seems to attach itself with us. For years it seems some think they are bigger than the club in all manner of forms. However, Rangers are bigger than any one player, manager, director, fan etc and all this negativity and conflict is helping no one. There is always this divide and some expect you to pick sides. I'm neither pro or against the board or certain fans groups. I'm merely pro Rangers. Sometimes the board will do well and I'll praise them. Sometimes they'll fuck up and I'll criticise them. 

Over the years we always seem to have too many egos on the park, in the boardroom and/or in the stands. It's impossible to lay blame solely with one party without all the facts. The fans need the club and the club is nothing without the fans. I just wish our communication was better and we actually worked together. We all need each other. There's too much at stake and if it means some or all parties making concessions then so be it. To do all this publicly isn't a great look either. We really need to nip this in the bud asap. We don't need anything that may potentially derail our fight on the park.

In short, everyone needs to knock their heads together, sort their shit out and get the fucking league won! Should probably have just posted this!

The club isn't bigger than the fans. There is no fucking club without us and it's about fucking time they realised that .

Just now, Sket said:

The club isn't bigger than the fans. There is no fucking club without us and it's about fucking time they realised that .

The club isn't bigger than the fans. But some fans aren't bigger than the club either. That's not a dig at any fan or any fan group. We should all want the same thing. We should all be working together for the same common goal. Sadly it'll never happen IMO.

42 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

The club isn't bigger than the fans. But some fans aren't bigger than the club either. That's not a dig at any fan or any fan group. We should all want the same thing. We should all be working together for the same common goal. Sadly it'll never happen IMO.

According to the posts on here the appeasers are.

What about some change from the board in them leading from the front. Setting standards. Good governance and transparency. Defending the Club and it's fans. Challenging the very obvious double standards. Throw in a decent retail deal andwe have a full house.

But no. Just take the fucking money and fuck us, as the appeasers cry foul on the majority instead of holding this board to account and simply to do their fucking job as Directors.