Marshall email

falkirkNS

1 hour ago, govanblue said:

you have almost hit upon the crux of the matter, though accidentally.

I have NEVER heard the term "a fenian school" in my entire life,

If it says that in the dictionary then it's not because everybody is saying that,  it's because the fenians have made it say that.  Only a handful of influencers create our reality.  It was always so , and even more so today when non-entities can become important using the internet. 

It says on the internet that we sing the Billy Boys in tribute to Billy Fullerton.  This is a complete fabrication.  We were named Billy Boys (also Hillbillies) by Americans when we settled in  Appalachia.  American troops then told us this when they visited us in 1944, and gave us "Marching through Georgia" at the same time and a classic was born.

Does that make more sense than "100,000 ordinary citizens celebrate the crimes of a barely know random unimportant thug to a little known American Big Band tune?  

But sadly, those who knew that didn't bother to write it down, so a fenian got in and spread a lie which grew unchallenged.

Fucking fenians! :angrywillie:

Well I will give you another example you have heard of.

Steve Clarke.

Why was he getting chants aimed at him of being a 'fenian bastard'?

He has never at any stage made any public declarations of being in favour of Irish republicanism. He has as far as I am aware, never even talked of any great affinity for celtic.

The only reason I can see for him being called a fenian is his religion.

If you can point me to some evidence that he is really supportive of the IRA then I will see your point. Otherwise, you have to admit, it is looking very much like he is being called a Fenian bastard purely based on his background.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Well I will give you another example you have heard of.

Steve Clarke.

Why was he getting chants aimed at him of being a 'fenian bastard'?

He has never at any stage made any public declarations of being in favour of Irish republicanism. He has as far as I am aware, never even talked of any great affinity for celtic.

The only reason I can see for him being called a fenian is his religion.

If you can point me to some evidence that he is really supportive of the IRA then I will see your point. Otherwise, you have to admit, it is looking very much like he is being called a Fenian bastard purely based on his background.

fuck.  you win.

Doesn't change anything though.  :p:

Just now, govanblue said:

fuck.  you win.

Doesn't change anything though.  :p:

The thing is, everything we are talking about is mock offence.

They dont care that we are singing it. They just want us punished.

We cant be stupid enough in this age to give them the chance.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

We get punished for singing songs. 

They get away with raping young boys. 

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

They know and we know that it can't and won't be eradicated. that's exactly why they're going after that particular nugget.  As soon as that stops working for them they'll move on to the next thing.  Of course it would be naive to think that they do things as linearly as that, but you know what I mean. 

27 minutes ago, beararse said:

It won’t, that’s just plain silly.

The only thing that should be banned is ‘fuck the Pope’ as it is definely sectarian in nature.

That’s it.

But UEFA have a bee in their bonnet regarding ‘fenian’ songs. Fans frothing at the mouth isn’t going to change their stance so abide by their rules for the betterment of the club.

You don’t think they fancy going after the symbolism of as they say the Butchers Apron. 

Watch this space. 

Just now, govanblue said:

They know and we know that it can't and won't be eradicated. that's exactly why they're going after that particular nugget.  As soon as that stops working for them they'll move on to the next thing.  Of course it would be naive to think that they do things as linearly as that. 

I agree they would try to, but to be honest, they are not going to be able to go after the 'bouncy' etc if that is what you mean.

The 'fenian' and 'fuck the pope' ones are easy to go after, as int his day and age, you cant really win a debate that they are acceptable. They have become standard terms used by many to be sectarian. People may say that they dont meant them in a sectarian manner, but others certainly do.

Bottom line is that if we dont stop singing the songs, we will be kicked out of Europe. Not only that but we hand them absolute dominance in scottish football. They get 55 before us, they will probably get 10 in a row. We will become an irrelevance.

We cannot compete with them if we tie our own arms behind our backs.

5 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Has anyone seen this, I'm fucking cringing to the extreme

Hi Everyone, If you can pass this to your members attending the match today it would be appreciated. It is imperative that all fans attending today’s match support the team in the proper manner. There will be a focus on us so it is essential that our fans only sing songs that benefit the club and support the team – not ones that harm the reputation of Rangers Football Club. The club has been extremely clear: “If any individual supporter is unable to behave in a civilised manner then please stay away from Ibrox and our Club. You are harming Rangers and that is something a genuine supporter would never wish to do.” We want to celebrate the best in our support. We have a fervent loyal fanbase that is the largest and best in the country… let’s show everyone why we are the best. Parking Info: Coaches: Clarke Street – Enter Clark Street at Greenhill Road before the low bridge Cars: MacFarlane Street, Clark Street, MacKean Street, and Ferguslie Park Avenue Banners: Must not cover advertising or back walls of the stands or display anything offensive (as decided by St Mirren FC) Any other questions please let me know. Thanks cid:image001.jpg@01D4227C.50E8CC30 Greg Marshall | Supporters Liaison Officer T 0141 580 8670 | @rangersfcslo

We sang the tarriers fucking Lustig song and shoehorned the gaffer into it 🤮 

#AnnounceSectarianismReturn

1 minute ago, Hutton2008 said:

We sang the tarriers fucking Lustig song and shoehorned the gaffer into it 🤮 

#AnnounceSectarianismReturn

The Southgate song? 

I don’t know the full celtic song sheet so only know it as the Southgate song :pipe:

2 minutes ago, fog said:

The Southgate song? 

I don’t know the full celtic song sheet so only know it as the Southgate song :pipe:

Papes have a good year on the engerlund fans.

Completely cringe none the less. Like every cunt Robbin Dortmund for Olé Olé Olé. Even the jambos were at it last year. Got to hold ourself to a higher standard than robbin taigs. 

4 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Something that does bother me. Greg posts on Twitter and FF actual SLO business. 

My gripe is, if you are using one fans forum to convey club messages then all should be used imo as not everyone will access FF and vice versa.

Whether you have a gripe with this fans forum or not, you should be relaying messages to all fans forums and giving as many as possible the chance to see the messages.

Official Rangers twitter page could tweet 99% of his tweets , never understood why they don’t 

Not sure why so many are not agreeing with this reasonable request, and the advice of our manager and club.

Just look on it as just a request to wee boys and occasional irresponsible adults, who maybe should know better, having to be told to behave themselve in line with the majority of sensible Gers fans.

I'm sure most Gers fans over the age of 18 would be sensible enough not to encourge fans to sing songs we could be fined for, or that could see us hit with further punishments. closures and fines.

11 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Not sure why so many are not agreeing with this reasonable request, and the advice of our manager and club.

Just look on it as just a request to wee boys and occasional irresponsible adults, who maybe should know better, having to be told to behave themselve in line with the majority of sensible Gers fans.

I'm sure most Gers fans over the age of 18 would be sensible enough not to encourge fans to sing songs we could be fined for, or that could see us hit with further punishments. closures and fines.

and while we're at it - no clapping at goals!  :p:

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Its michael Stewart ffs. Folk have claimed that its sectarian every time weve released an orange kit. All the way back to 93. One fuckwit being offended doesnt mean the world is suddenly going to agree with them

The problem is most listening to his shite on BBC radio/television will not know how much of a fuckwit, as you correctly call him, he is and also the people across the world online.

These people should be brought to task because they are damaging Rangers that is for sure.  

When I saw this thread title I said to myself do not be tempted, stay well clear, but somehow I have not managed that. :happy:

Anyway he is no doubt doing what his masters are telling him. What is becoming very clear to me over the last few days is the need for a real fans group (not c1872 who are just an extension of the board) we need someone who can be respected to lead it and it needs to happen soon IMO. 

If the board had spent as much time speaking to the fans who attend Ibrox and away grounds as they have done with that everyone, anyone nonsense I believe this latest carry on with UEFA could have been avoided. The fans are the main thing for any Club our size and we need to get some kind of sensible discussion started between us and the board.

It would take a lot of work to get started but if we could get it up and running then I do believe it would have great benefits for us all in the future.

I know many will dismiss this idea but I urge fans to consider it. I have not thought much about who I would like to lead this but it needs to be a respected person who can try and bridge the gap between the different factions in our support. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You don’t think they fancy going after the symbolism of as they say the Butchers Apron. 

Watch this space. 

Nope and to think otherwise IMO is crazy.

Theyll have to ban practically all national anthems if that’s the case.

29 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

The problem is most listening to his shite on BBC radio/television will not know how much of a fuckwit, as you correctly call him, he is and also the people across the world online.

These people should be brought to task because they are damaging Rangers that is for sure.  

Why? Do you think its only us who see how much of a clown he is? Thats why hes on the BBC to start with. They know he talks shite but they also know he gets folk worked up and drives social media shares and website clicks. 

6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Just doing his job I think

Was going to write almost the same thing. 

Today would've been a perfect time for the sfa to jump in and close a stand if we sung and songs that have been deemed sectarian.

Cunts should go to Afghanistan or Iraq and then come back and teach us about what sectarianism is. 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Why? Do you think its only us who see how much of a clown he is? Thats why hes on the BBC to start with. They know he talks shite but they also know he gets folk worked up and drives social media shares and website clicks. 

I think he will be liked by fans of all Scottish teams when he is having a go at us and while I never listen to sportscene now he does have a platform to hurt us and I think it would be neive to suggest anything else. 

I also realise you and I will not agree on that either, but that is what forums are for.