Marshall email

falkirkNS

13 minutes ago, beararse said:

Nope and to think otherwise IMO is crazy.

Theyll have to ban practically all national anthems if that’s the case.

We have University’s going back hundreds of years to clear there conscience. 

All things Empire are next along with WATP. 

12 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I think he will be liked by fans of all Scottish teams when he is having a go at us and while I never listen to sportscene now he does have a platform to hurt us and I think it would be neive to suggest anything else. 

I also realise you and I will not agree on that either, but that is what forums are for. 

He has a platform, without question, the problem is that he's spouted that much bollocks over the years that nobody takes him seriously. He can get fans onside but he needs to get the people within clubs to back it to force change and he's widely held as a fucking joke within clubs. Craig Levein's the only one who has ever made it public.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He has a platform, without question, the problem is that he's spouted that much bollocks over the years that nobody takes him seriously. He can get fans onside but he needs to get the people within clubs to back it to force change and he's widely held as a fucking joke within clubs. Craig Levein's the only one who has ever made it public.

He will have the backing of all the yes supporters as well as other clubs fans, it just annoys me a little that he has the platform he has. 

I did read on twitter that Billy Dodds and another I cannot remember did shoot him down about the orange top, he does get away with nonsense too much though. 

All IMO of course. :happy:

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

He will have the backing of all the yes supporters as well as other clubs fans, it just annoys me a little that he has the platform he has. 

I did read on twitter that Billy Dodds and another I cannot remember did shoot him down about the orange top, he does get away with nonsense too much though. 

Derek Ferguson 

15 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

He's that popular with them he couldn't get selected to stand for the SNP at election despite them letting any clown that can write their own name stand.

40 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I think he will be liked by fans of all Scottish teams when he is having a go at us and while I never listen to sportscene now he does have a platform to hurt us and I think it would be neive to suggest anything else. 

I also realise you and I will not agree on that either, but that is what forums are for. 

I know 3 players who have played along side him and they absolutely hate him, also I think it was Billy Brown on Radio Scotland who told him that he was the most hated player within any dressing room that he had come across in 50 years in football 

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He's that popular with them he couldn't get selected to stand for the SNP at election despite them letting any clown that can write their own name stand.

Yes I know, but I mean the foot soldiers who travel to towns around Scotland and say there is going to be 15,000 and it usually ends up less than a quarter of that. 😁

Very understandably there is a significant amount of anger and tension throughout the Support.   Any reading of any forum topic on the subject of the UEFA punishment, and of King's message in response confirms this.    It's probably not about to cool down and recede into the background anytime soon.    A reminder of the Rangers / King message is extracted below at the foot of this post and in italics.  The bits in bold are made by me.

Some Supporters are being labelled as guilty; of resorting to unacceptable behaviour; of harming Rangers; and being told by the Chairman that Rangers is not the Club for them.      These are very strong accusations coming from the Chairman and his Board.       Resolving this is not going to be done by dishing out emails or notices or, as is the usual trick in the Ibrox boardroom, of hoping the whole thing will just fizzle out and life can go on as normal.

Maybe as an urgent follow up to the messaging given by King, and to the email issued today which was the subject of the OP, the Club need to move beyond paper messaging from safe distances and convene some town hall types of meetings where King an his Board  stand up and spell out in clear simple terms what they will accept from Supporters these days, and what they will not.    With an unconstrained Q&A as part of it.  

They need to start leading far more effectively from the front on this and not just dishing out emails from the comfort of their Ibrox offices.     Is it not time for some proper leadership so that - at the end of it all - there is unambiguous clarity on what they (the Chairman and Board) believe the Club is all about in this day and age, and of the ways of supporting they will accept and not accept from Supporters. 

Now some are going to say this is already sufficiently known.    That's as may be the case.  But it would be missing the point which is for matters as serious as this with the potential for far more serious sanctions then imo real leaders lead from the front in person and set out a credible way ahead that the majority can support, and those who cannot do so will at least have had the opportunity to put their view in person before they decide what their next step should be.    

"....................Unfortunately a significant number of supporters, innocent of any wrong doing, will be unable to attend next week’s match. This is deeply regrettable to all at the Club and we hope that the guilty parties, who attracted the attention of UEFA might reflect on the damage their unacceptable behaviour is causing Rangers and their fellow supporters.  If any individual supporter is unable to behave in a civilised manner then please stay away from Ibrox and our Club. You are harming Rangers and that is something a genuine supporter would never wish to do. Rangers chairman Dave King stated: “Rangers is a club open to all and we will continue to convey this message at every opportunity through our Everyone Anyone initiative. “Rangers has players and supporters from many religions, cultures and backgrounds but we are one and the same when we gather to support our club. If any supporter cannot accept that then Rangers is not the club for them”."

5 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Very understandably there is a significant amount of anger and tension throughout the Support.   Any reading of any forum topic on the subject of the UEFA punishment, and of King's message in response confirms this.    It's probably not about to cool down and recede into the background anytime soon.    A reminder of the Rangers / King message is extracted below at the foot of this post and in italics.  The bits in bold are made by me.

Some Supporters are being labelled as guilty; of resorting to unacceptable behaviour; of harming Rangers; and being told by the Chairman that Rangers is not the Club for them.      These are very strong accusations coming from the Chairman and his Board.       Resolving this is not going to be done by dishing out emails or notices or, as is the usual trick in the Ibrox boardroom, of hoping the whole thing will just fizzle out and life can go on as normal.

Maybe as an urgent follow up to the messaging given by King, and to the email issued today which was the subject of the OP, the Club need to move beyond paper messaging from safe distances and convene some town hall types of meetings where King an his Board  stand up and spell out in clear simple terms what they will accept from Supporters these days, and what they will not.    With an unconstrained Q&A as part of it.  

They need to start leading far more effectively from the front on this and not just dishing out emails from the comfort of their Ibrox offices.     Is it not time for some proper leadership so that - at the end of it all - there is unambiguous clarity on what they (the Chairman and Board) believe the Club is all about in this day and age, and of the ways of supporting they will accept and not accept from Supporters. 

Now some are going to say this is already sufficiently known.    That's as may be the case.  But it would be missing the point which is for matters as serious as this with the potential for far more serious sanctions then imo real leaders lead from the front in person and set out a credible way ahead that the majority can support, and those who cannot do so will at least have had the opportunity to put their view in person before they decide what their next step should be.    

"....................Unfortunately a significant number of supporters, innocent of any wrong doing, will be unable to attend next week’s match. This is deeply regrettable to all at the Club and we hope that the guilty parties, who attracted the attention of UEFA might reflect on the damage their unacceptable behaviour is causing Rangers and their fellow supporters.  If any individual supporter is unable to behave in a civilised manner then please stay away from Ibrox and our Club. You are harming Rangers and that is something a genuine supporter would never wish to do. Rangers chairman Dave King stated: “Rangers is a club open to all and we will continue to convey this message at every opportunity through our Everyone Anyone initiative. “Rangers has players and supporters from many religions, cultures and backgrounds but we are one and the same when we gather to support our club. If any supporter cannot accept that then Rangers is not the club for them”."

I said very much the same earlier RB, but my angle was for a new fans group to be set up, but I do think the board and fans need get together somehow and try and find a way to work with each other. 

It certainly would not be easy but in a season when we need to be united there seems a rift getting bigger between fans and board. 

5 hours ago, govanblue said:

but you could try correcting the perception.

a fenian is not a catholic. fenianism is about politics not religion.

I'm with you but, an excert from a recent scot.gov judicial review.....

Some dimensions of sectarian abuse are captured by the existing fractured body of hate crime laws in Scotland. Section 18 of the Public Order Act 1986 criminalises “threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour” which is “intended or likely to stir up racial hatred” or words or behaviour which, in the circumstances, “is likely to stir up” racial hatred.

The broad legal definition of “race” also captures some elements of sectarian prejudice. The concept of a “racial group” is defined in law as “group of persons defined by reference to race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins.”[40]In the context of sectarianism, for example, the Appeal Court has held that the word “Fenian” can relevantly ground changes brought on the basis of racial prejudice, as:

it is within judicial knowledge that the term "Fenian" is used by a certain section of the population to describe a person either of Irish ancestry or even a person of the Roman Catholic faith, whether of Irish ancestry or not. Coupled with the derogatory term "bastard", this is either an expression of religious prejudice or racial bigotry or both.[41]

I think we're fucked on this one!

11 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

OK I’ll bite. I’m fortunate enough to be able to travel everywhere with Rangers. Home, away, Europe. Given that, I know a lot of the individuals you refer to & my experience is that we all care about one thing above all, Rangers. 

We all love a singsong on the buses & in our pubs/clubs etc but the simple fact it some of them are in this day and age, unacceptable within a football stadium & if we continue with them we will be punished & hurt the thing we love the most. 

It’s a simple choice at this point in time. Continue to indulge in certain songs and see our club continually punished or cut said songs out (as we did today) whilst still celebrating our history, our culture & our heritage with no repercussions. 

Spot on.

And  that should be the end of discussions on this subject. 

It won’t tho’

7 hours ago, The Dude said:

Like those who couldn't keep their mouths shut and got a section of Ibrox closed?

So like fuckwit mouldmaster you refer to Rangers fans as the enemy. We all know the fenian stuff has to stop but the only cunts I’d ban are you 2 egotistical fuckers.

30 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

OK I’ll bite. I’m fortunate enough to be able to travel everywhere with Rangers. Home, away, Europe. Given that, I know a lot of the individuals you refer to & my experience is that we all care about one thing above all, Rangers. 

We all love a singsong on the buses & in our pubs/clubs etc but the simple fact it some of them are in this day and age, unacceptable within a football stadium & if we continue with them we will be punished & hurt the thing we love the most. 

It’s a simple choice at this point in time. Continue to indulge in certain songs and see our club continually punished or cut said songs out (as we did today) whilst still celebrating our history, our culture & our heritage with no repercussions. 

Sympathizer!

No, it really is that simple. 

Sooner people wise up to that, the better. 

Sadly I think it'll take the stadium being completely closed or us actually thrown out or docked points for some. 

The fact that people are actually annoyed about that email just proves this problem won't go away any time soon. We'll still have supporters that will sing the songs that get us in trouble at European games and when the punishments escalate they'll be straight on here criticising the board and blaming it all on Peter Lawwell.