Union Bears

Captain Hilts

3 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Show us the proof that Uefa singled out the ub because if this is the case why didn’t they order bf1 closed as they usually do when naming guilty parties. It’s all one having talks wit the ub but what if the singing didn’t originate from them? As has been stated Rangers first was closed down as they were seen as a threat now it is the ub meanwhile you have c1872 and our slo making statements on behalf of our pathetic board and I don’t see this as part of their remit, problem is no one speaks up for the ordinary punter and those that did(or should have)are bought off with a club tie.

Would I be correct in believing that uefa have never before actually singled out a select section of a support for being the sole reason for a partial or full stadium closure?? I certainly can't find any article anywhere at quick glance where they have done so. If not why would we be targeted this way

35 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Would I be correct in believing that uefa have never before actually singled out a select section of a support for being the sole reason for a partial or full stadium closure?? I certainly can't find any article anywhere at quick glance where they have done so. If not why would we be targeted this way

I have no info but I’m sure if someone researched clubs that where banned then the more than likely sections would probably be the so called ‘ultras’ sections as they are always the most vocal with loud speakers and drums etc.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So it was the club then. 

That stinks even more then, almost without fail you can name the 2 songs that will get started from random parts of the stadium.

The very 2 we are charged with. 

Like the Norwegian ref knew where and wtf anyone were singing.

Enter Garry the killy taig.

Thereafter the conclave. Five weeks later, white smoke UB/BFI cheerio.

Lastly we are ordered by UEFA to display a banner displaying "Equal Game".

Forgive me in thinking there are those totally ripping the piss out of us.

49 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

It’s on the previous page mate a post by  @ianb1547 they singled out a particular section at Lokomotivs ground that was to be closed, in our case it was left to the board to inform them what section would be shut. 

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

#EQUAL GAME

So they are telling us we have to be respectful to a shower of murdering terrorists scum. 

Very PC this UEFA. 

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

It’s on the previous page mate a post by  @ianb1547 they singled out a particular section at Lokomotivs ground that was to be closed, in our case it was left to the board to inform them what section would be shut. 

Cheers I completely missed that

52 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

As far as I remember fo the decision there was no mention of BF1 only that 3,000 supporters had to be left out and a banner flown for some stupid purpose.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

#EQUAL GAME

So they are telling us we have to be respectful to a shower of murdering terrorists scum. 

Very PC this UEFA. 

You forgot Paedo harbourers. We need a good Paedo song for Sunday now, that should liven things up.

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Board were told to close that section. 

Doesnt mean they couldn’t have gave BF1 the same option as the other closed sections. 

Source?  The punishment did not say which section had to be closed.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

I wish folk would read the whole thread then go back and quote. 👍👍

I am not reading through tons of pages.   I am going on the wording of the punishment set out by UEFA.  it did not say which section had to be closed.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

I am not reading through tons of pages.   I am going on the wording of the punishment set out by UEFA.  it did not say which section had to be closed.

This is one of those 2+2 makes 3976 posts ie I'm maybe reading far too much into what's not said.

If UEFA did not specify that BF1 was to close or that this wretched banner had to be displayed in the BF1 area ie it is the Club's decision to close that area then is the Chairman effectively taking the first steps in an eventual dismantling of UB being located in any specific part of Ibrox?  Or worse taking the first steps in an ultimatum to UB of 'its King's way or stop coming to Rangers games'...………..which in a way is the essence of his message a few days ago?

If its a Rangers choice to close BF1 then it amounts to a direct challenge.   And having done it once the precedent is set to do it again.   And maybe not confined to European games either.       Is it, I wonder, really then King's opening salvo to bring the Support to heel or force those who won't accept the party line to get out.

I'll put my wider conspiracy thoughts on this to one side now and see how all of this plays out at the game on Thursday......and then at the OF game......and then in the next European games if we qualify.

49 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Which if you had at least scan read through the thread you would know has already been discussed and that was the case. 

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

I hope our fans display a banner wi 'for some' beside that crap.

Which if you had at least scan read through the thread you would know has already been discussed and that was the case. 

Thanks.  Or you could have just told me where you got your info, it would have been much easier than having this back and forth.

I am yet to see proof that UEFA told us to close BF1.  

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Thanks.  Or you could have just told me where you got your info, it would have been much easier than having this back and forth.

I am yet to see proof that UEFA told us to close BF1.  

They didn’t that’s what I’m trying to tell you, do keep up old chap. 

I thought UEFA had told the board it was to close BF1 and that’s why they came down so hard on The UB but it appears they didn’t tell them to close BF1. So it would appear the Board are just being cunts about this and starting a war with the The UB that isn’t needed and nobody wants except the Board. 

They didn’t that’s what I’m trying to tell you, do keep up old chap. 

I thought UEFA had told the board it was to close BF1 and that’s why they came down so hard on The UB but it appears they didn’t tell them to close BF1. So it would appear the Board are just being cunts about this and starting a war with the The UB that isn’t needed and nobody wants except the Board. 

Fair enough.

I am fine with them choosing to close that section, they had to close a section, it makes sense that it's the section that "lead the singing" that got the brunt of a punishment for singing.

They have been hung out to dry a bit, yes I agree with that.   The board had to be seen to be doing something though.

Someone earlier in the thread made a good point though, that they could have taken 3k tickets away from the general sale and relocated the UB.  I can't argue with that.

44 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

This is one of those 2+2 makes 3976 posts ie I'm maybe reading far too much into what's not said.

If UEFA did not specify that BF1 was to close or that this wretched banner had to be displayed in the BF1 area ie it is the Club's decision to close that area then is the Chairman effectively taking the first steps in an eventual dismantling of UB being located in any specific part of Ibrox?  Or worse taking the first steps in an ultimatum to UB of 'its King's way or stop coming to Rangers games'...………..which in a way is the essence of his message a few days ago?

If its a Rangers choice to close BF1 then it amounts to a direct challenge.   And having done it once the precedent is set to do it again.   And maybe not confined to European games either.       Is it, I wonder, really then King's opening salvo to bring the Support to heel or force those who won't accept the party line to get out.

I'll put my wider conspiracy thoughts on this to one side now and see how all of this plays out at the game on Thursday......and then at the OF game......and then in the next European games if we qualify.

Great post Reform Bear. Maybe part of the Chairman's strength is the alleged 14k waiting list for STs? They seem happy to throw loyal supporters under the bus by their directive.As CB said earlier,why not offer the fans in BF1 seats elsewhere? I agree,they've been targeted.I'm guessing this closure will cost the Club about £150k,how much has King cost the Club in the never ending rows wi Ashley,that seem impossible to win but hey,don't sing a naughty work or we'll kick you out of the Club you've supported long before King thought he could make money out of it.