Defoe or Alfredo?

eejay the dj

9 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Btw, barring injury, I can’t see Gerrard not starting with Morelos for both games either, he’s our first choice. 

You are probably right Jela

I'm just starting to get the battle fever as big Jock would say 

Can't wait 

32 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I would start with Morelos on Thursday and Defoe on Sunday...……. still a wee bit concerned about AM getting himself in trouble as the scum will be out to wind him up.

Could be risky playing him from the start...…… I would bring him on with half an hour to go if we are struggling to score.

Got to agree as nervous enough without worrying that lot will wind him up so he gets  sent off.

If he remains fit....and dare I say it is still with the Club since I think some transfer windows are still open......I'd be surprised if Morelos did not start both games with Defoe replacing him as some point in each game.   The very way Morelos plays, and now his reputation as a goal scorer, seems to me to create more of an opportunity to rattle opposing defences that the skillsets that Defoe  has.             

Just as an aside Morelos is so good, I really hope we don’t lose him. He’s got that ability to make a chance from nothing. He really reminds me of Luis Suarez (not saying he’s that level) the way he can wriggle out of tight situations and nutmeg a defender when’s there seemingly no space. 

He’s kicked out on hugely. 

7 minutes ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

Tbf players should be fit and conditioned enough to handle starting two games on the trot. 

Agree and especially this early in the season with an international break straight after Sunday giving the player essentially 2 weeks off, excluding those on international duty of course

15 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Agree and especially this early in the season with an international break straight after Sunday giving the player essentially 2 weeks off, excluding those on international duty of course

Empty themselves out over next two games and hopefully get in to the Europa League and establish a lead at the top.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

2 massive games this week

Was wondering, who most bears would have up front? 

Personally. I would start with Alfredo Thursday and Defoe starting Sunday. 

Got a feeling SG will do this. Just not sure if his selection will be same as mine. 

Both games are massive though 

Alfredo all day for me, terrorises defences and hopefully the Jimmy Saville back four feel the full force of it on Sunday. (Sausage rolls on Thursday too)

26 minutes ago, Blue Rino said:

Alfredo all day for me, terrorises defences and hopefully the Jimmy Saville back four feel the full force of it on Sunday. (Sausage rolls on Thursday too)

Sick of seeing these bheasts with their tops on today 

Counted at least 10 to 1 Rangers while out working. Can't wait to wipe the smiles of their faces

I honestly believe. We win on Sunday. They are playing catch up with us till Christmas 

35 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Sick of seeing these bheasts with their tops on today 

Counted at least 10 to 1 Rangers while out working. Can't wait to wipe the smiles of their faces

I honestly believe. We win on Sunday. They are playing catch up with us till Christmas 

A win on Sunday will be a massive statement of intent, I go on holiday with Mrs on Tuesday after it and been warned I better no go on a bender like last one 😂.

if Scottywellhouse's  (dont know how to quote posters) bus have anything to do with it I might need another flight.

Not a clue now we beat them the last time without Morelos but currently i'd say him and Ojo have formed a good understanding similar to Defoe and Arfield and they have looked the most threatening would not like to be the one making the decision.