Would us being up to our knees in terrorist blood get uefa off our case?

Thermopylae

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

I pretty much see the words fenian and terrorist as one and the same so perhaps it's time to be explicit rather than implicit?

Nice try Thermo…….. but no cigar mate.

Sadly , it's a big no from me...…….simply because it would never work........ too many fans would still sing the original words imo.

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

I pretty much see the words fenian and terrorist as one and the same so perhaps it's time to be explicit rather than implicit?

We can't go near the offending songs in Europe for a good number of years word changes or not. The stakes are too high.

If the offending part is Fenian blood don't sing it. Can't just replace it either because they'll say it just sounds the same or similar.

Either we just don't sing it and let them win or we restructure the song.

"Hello, hello. We are the Billy Boys (x2)

You will know us by our noise so you'll surrender or you'll die."

Might sound shite reading it but sing those words. Second time singing "we are the Billy Boys" change the emphasis of so it sounds a bit different.

Use "you'll know us by our noise" to replace the Fenian part.  And in another "you'll" to fill it out a bit. Also singing "Boys" twice AND "noise" will make it sound different to listeners from just "...boys" "...noise". And of course adding a third rhyming word makes it still sound good and easy to sing. "...boys" "...boys" "...noise".

The best part of the song is the hello hello part - surely someone with half a brain could come up with words that fit that and are actually about the team.  No need to be up to our knees in anything and I'm not even sure it even needs Billy boys in it given that (as far as I recall) the reference is to Billy Fullerton and most of us aren't from Bridgeton. If Liverpool fans can revamp Fields of Athenray to fit their club surely we can come up with something that's basically five lines.

Sick of the pish that it can never be sung - it just needs people to move on a wee bit and put team lyrics over non team stuff, in the same way 99% of teams in the world do

7 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

If the offending part is Fenian blood don't sing it. Can't just replace it either because they'll say it just sounds the same or similar.

Either we just don't sing it and let them win or we restructure the song.

"Hello, hello. We are the Billy Boys (x2)

You will know us by our noise so you'll surrender or you'll die."

Might sound shite reading it but sing those words. Second time singing "we are the Billy Boys" change the emphasis of so it sounds a bit different.

Use "you'll know us by our noise" to replace the Fenian part.  And in another "you'll" to fill it out a bit. Also singing "Boys" twice AND "noise" will make it sound different to listeners from just "...boys" "...noise". And of course adding a third rhyming word makes it still sound good and easy to sing. "...boys" "...boys" "...noise".

Aye alright Andrew Lloyd Webber.

8 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

The best part of the song is the hello hello part - surely someone with half a brain could come up with words that fit that and are actually about the team.  No need to be up to our knees in anything and I'm not even sure it even needs Billy boys in it given that (as far as I recall) the reference is to Billy Fullerton and most of us aren't from Bridgeton. If Liverpool fans can revamp Fields of Athenray to fit their club surely we can come up with something that's basically five lines.

Sick of the pish that it can never be sung - it just needs people to move on a wee bit and put team lyrics over non team stuff, in the same way 99% of teams in the world do

Err wrong way around, the scum knicked the song and changed it for them.

9 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Just where doesn’t it say in the great rules of football songs that you are only allowed to sing about your own team. 

One of the best things about going to a football match is giving the other supporters dogs abuse ( at least it was until snow flake cunts took over) 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Why don’t we just go the full hog and write up a list of songs then give it to The Fenian Army to make sure we are allowed to sing any of them. 

UEFA has still never listed songs that cannot be sung, maybe as it is too much work for all the leagues they cover.

After all singing about Hillsborough by Man Utd fans and Singing about the Busby Babes dying in the aircrash by Liverpool fans must be off limits too surely?

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I despair at our fans.

Don’t sing it in Europe at all, sing it normal version domestically.

You know fine SFA will be all over this now the precedence has been set.  They're probably looking into every loophole from the moment UEFA made their statement.