Would us being up to our knees in terrorist blood get uefa off our case?

Thermopylae

2 hours ago, TartanTeddy said:

Who says you can't???  Lots of songs about the sheep and hibs that don't need political overtones.

For me, I prefer to sing songs that get behind the team and happy enough for chants to be aimed at opposition players/teams that don't go down the political route.  I'm not Northern Irish, so a lot of those songs have always been irrelevant to me (one of the main reasons songs don't carry around the stadium is that a lot of people aren't interested in loyalist songs, certainly more so now than in the past). 

If that makes me a snowflake (do people really use that term in Scotland!!), so be it, but I've been the same snowflake for the last forty years of going to games

Times are changing, better to be part of the process of change than having it enforced on us by others 

No, songs don’t travel because people don’t sing, regardless of whether it’s a Rangers song or not 

The version we used to bring out in our official club cd’s will have the opposition shitting themselves, I’m sure , “hullo hullo we are the Rangers boys , you’ll know us by our noise, we’ll be there to see our team at ibrox or away for we are the Glasgow Rangers boys 👍🏻👌🏻 Fling in an oh oh oh somewhere and sorted 

1 hour ago, TartanTeddy said:

Football isn't dying - you're maybe new but used  to be a dawdle to get a season (walk up first game of the season, wee ticket office in the main stand, pay your cash and in you go). Mind this was before I used to get lifted over to stand on the terrace (but that's another story). Away tickets (if you actually need a ticket) were easy to get, usually paid cash at the gate. Now we have waiting lists for seasons, ballots for away games. You probably don't understand what it was like - so not your fault.

Political overtones are the longstanding loyalist stuff - again, maybe you're new.  If you don't get it then I think that one is on you. I wouldn't waste my time trying to explain.

On Sunday I'll be singing songs and getting behind the team in the same seat I've had for over twenty years - my opinions, politics and attitudes are known to most around me as they've been there that long too.  I'm fairly sure you won't be one of them. If you happen to be there I'd say get behind the team, but maybe that's not your thing??

It is the most boring game on the planet. 

The only thing keeping it going are the fans bringing some atmosphere and that is being hammered out of them. 

People forget we are supposed to hate the other team that’s the whole point. 

As for you’ve been there for blah blah blah I’ve been there even longer and believe me the folk sitting around me will be giving it plenty and that includes those songs you think have nothing to do with Rangers. 

As for the politics 😂😂 need to remember the next Sash Bash I’m at is a political rally. 

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

As for you’ve been there for blah blah blah I’ve been there even longer and believe me the folk sitting around me will be giving it plenty and that includes those songs you think have nothing to do with Rangers. 

Yet you have no idea how long I've been going  😂

And you think football is the most boring game on the planet ... 

The internets a funny place 😃

8 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Yet you have no idea how long I've been going  😂

And you think football is the most boring game on the planet ... 

The internets a funny place 😃

Neither did you but you seemed happy to throw out a stupid generalisation like some nose in the air twat. 

Apart from watching Rangers it’s nothing but overpaid shite. 

It sure is, sanctimonious prat’s like you pop up. You have to be related to that prat BP9. 

48 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No, songs don’t travel because people don’t sing, regardless of whether it’s a Rangers song or not 

I don't sing the loyalist songs, because they're loyalist songs and they don't interest me - everyone to their own.  But seems to me you get more of the stadium singing blue sea and follow follow than say build your gallows or UDR 4 

1 minute ago, TartanTeddy said:

I don't sing the loyalist songs, because they're loyalist songs and they don't interest me - everyone to their own.  But seems to me you get more of the stadium singing blue sea and follow follow than say build your gallows or UDR 4 

At kick off I’ll give you, but when BSOI is sung during the game nobody sings it like, just like FF unless you’re lucky during a big game.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

At kick off I’ll give you, but when BSOI is sung during the game nobody sings it like, just like FF unless you’re lucky during a big game.

That's totally fair enough, my original point before it was hijacked, was simply to say that Hello Hello could surely be reworked to lyrics that would be 100% acceptable (i.e. club related) because everyone  wants that back and it was something that reverberated around the ground and got the atmosphere cranked up.  The words 'hello hello' aren't and can't be banned so surely there is a way to adapt it and to bring it back

Like every fan, I just want songs that the whole support can sing. That don't end up with UEFA or the SFA sanctioning the club (and we have to believe this is the beginning of sanctions that will eventually lead to points deductions) and that define our identity as a club.  I'm fairly sure it won't be long before sanctions are in place for any song of a 'political' nature, and before others chime in, it won't be fans who determine the definition of 'political', it will be UEFA or the SFA. So surely better to be proactive in getting some of the popular songs adapted.

Probably a bit snowflakey for some, but for me the club comes first

13 hours ago, TartanTeddy said:

The best part of the song is the hello hello part - surely someone with half a brain could come up with words that fit that and are actually about the team.  No need to be up to our knees in anything and I'm not even sure it even needs Billy boys in it given that (as far as I recall) the reference is to Billy Fullerton and most of us aren't from Bridgeton. If Liverpool fans can revamp Fields of Athenray to fit their club surely we can come up with something that's basically five lines.

Sick of the pish that it can never be sung - it just needs people to move on a wee bit and put team lyrics over non team stuff, in the same way 99% of teams in the world do

How about we just sing "up to our knees in (Fkn) dirt and... (BF1 shouts Blo) mud" and we just adopt that?

Feel free to pronounce either anyway you like. Let them prove it? 

8 hours ago, TartanTeddy said:

Your a Tim. Your a Tartan Tim. You think we're all daft!

8 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Neither did you but you seemed happy to throw out a stupid generalisation like some nose in the air twat. 

Apart from watching Rangers it’s nothing but overpaid shite. 

It sure is, sanctimonious prat’s like you pop up. You have to be related to that prat BP9. 

Your a dinosaur!

25 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Wouldn't work . FARE dont like you singing naughty songs about the ira.  Cunts . 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/411129/England-Scotland-IRA-fans/amp

PIARA POWER.

leading Fare representative.

Even sounds fenian 

No PIARA Let’s party.

Bottom line is that Rangers play football and are not a political party nor a historical commemoration society however we are saddled with being a focus for an anti-catholic idea centred around events which are hundreds of years old.

King James tried to reinstate catholicism and failed. He lost the crown and Britain had a 'Glorious Revolution' where we picked a new king. More interesting stuff has happened in history. Lets follow a football team.