Would us being up to our knees in terrorist blood get uefa off our case?

Thermopylae

8 minutes ago, IanFerguson2013 said:

Bottom line is that Rangers play football and are not a political party nor a historical commemoration society however we are saddled with being a focus for an anti-catholic idea centred around events which are hundreds of years old.

King James tried to reinstate catholicism and failed. He lost the crown and Britain had a 'Glorious Revolution' where we picked a new king. More interesting stuff has happened in history. Lets follow a football team.

Nah, your at it. your either going to be at the Evangelical church on Sunday r the Catholic one!

2 hours ago, IanFerguson2013 said:

Bottom line is that Rangers play football and are not a political party nor a historical commemoration society however we are saddled with being a focus for an anti-catholic idea centred around events which are hundreds of years old.

King James tried to reinstate catholicism and failed. He lost the crown and Britain had a 'Glorious Revolution' where we picked a new king. More interesting stuff has happened in history. Lets follow a football team.

Hold the fucking phone here a minute. Defending your city or country makes you inherently anti those people. Don't fucken invade and attempt to impose your political or religious ideologies on people and I'm willing to bet they wont try to kill you. Derry didn't go looking for Catholics to kill.

Billy from "The Billy Boys" existence is a direct consequence of Catholic gangs roaming the streets attacking people. The guy didn't wake up one morning and decide to form a gang for no reason other than fuck it why not.

Its like cunts that go on about the Crusades. They leave out the part about the Arabs attempting to invade Western Europe and that being the direct cause of the Western invasion of the Middle East. Once again, the King of France didn't wake up one morning and decide lets invade Arabia because fuck it why not.

Play with fire and you're gonna get burned.

The danger is we can’t rollover again . This time it s TBB , what next. That ginger rodent Stewart is already gibberish on about the colour of our strips. As I said earlier change the words of TBB ,publicise  the change  and put to bed this pish that UEFA have banned a tune for Rangers but nobody else

6 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Song is banned regardless what we changed the words to. Linfield argued the case that they changed the words but UEFA still fined them and said it's the actual tune that's banned! :justno:

Marching through Georgia is the tune written in 1865 before our guys even had a dream.

4 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Marching through Georgia is the tune written in 1865 before our guys even had a dream.

I'm sure the official word from UEFA was something like "even though you are changing the words, the tune still shows a sectarian divide so therefore is banned".

11 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Wonder why man u etc can sing it 

Probably because they are not us! I'll see if I can dig out the official line from the cunts.

Found it: UEFA stated that it is a signature song of a sectarian gang and represented a long-running sectarian divide, regardless of what lyrics were used. Linfield have subsequently advised their fans that all versions are banned.

Seems to me that it's not just the 'fenian' word that's banned but also the 'Billy Boys' as well.

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

I'm sure the official word from UEFA was something like "even though you are changing the words, the tune still shows a sectarian divide so therefore is banned".

UEFA  cannot ban a tune end of. This rubbish was peddled by Murray who didn’t trust us to stick to any amended words. As has been said before if we played Kilmarnock in Europe , there fans could sing their version but if we did we’d get done. Utter pish if we change fenian we’re bombproof

22 hours ago, Sweettartangirl said:

It doesn't matter what we change within that song. 

We have to surrender or die ourselves:( 

This is the horror of Uefa and certain scumbags intervening. 

It's foolish to fight a war you can't win . Unfortunately we started off on the wrong foot with Murray just backing down at every available opportunity and unfortunately now the die is cast ... I just hope we now learn from our mistake if we give an inch timothy will make sure we pay a high price

23 hours ago, dougal72 said:

We can't go near the offending songs in Europe for a good number of years word changes or not. The stakes are too high.

I am inclined to agree ... on reflection the st patricks draw should have set the alarm bells ringing a game with to some extent old firm tensions but under the auspices of uefa