2nd UEFA Charge

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

What's the point? UEFA don't care, they act on evidence and no amount of whataboutery will change it. If the club fight it, UEFA just ramp up the punishment. Once its been decided, there is no appeal. They make the rules. If we want to change it. we need to change it from the inside, which isn't going to happen as long as we're seen as the bad guys.

I never mentioned whataboutery. I never asked them to point fingers at them across the city or the rampant racism at Eastern European clubs. I'm asking them to accept the punishment and question why FARE are at more of our games than anyone elses.

33 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Exactly. I'm no lawyer but that's why I think the second charge is illegal.

It's not.

Fly through a speed trap in a  30 zone doing 50, then do the same thing an hour later at another speed trap.

Try arguing that you were not warned that you had broken the law the first time, so the second one should not count.

The logical answer is that it matters not one jot. You broke the rules twice, you get hit twice.

Wonder what UEFA’s punishment wheel of fortune will land on after absolutely no ‘offensive’ singing if we win on Thursday 

Will it be stadium closure, no away fans forever, a fine, The never seen before group stage 18 point deduction or the odds on favourite of expulsion from the EL

Would like to take this time to remind you that AIK fans stormed the away end in Stockholm last month to steal a flag causing a riot in the stands. Their penalty was a mere fine and a slap on the wrist, hopefully they’re up for more of the same tomorrow night given that actual violence equates to a lesser penalty than one word in a song 

Just now, Getstiffed said:

I never mentioned whataboutery. I never asked them to point fingers at them across the city or the rampant racism at Eastern European clubs. I'm asking them to accept the punishment and question why FARE are at more of our games than anyone elses.

It's a pointless question. the answer will obviously be because we're guilty of breaking UEFA's rules as evidenced by the 2 charges and therefore FARE are doing what's expected of them.

There has been no trial, no evidence made available, no judge, no appeal, no guidelines of non acceptable songs, no lawyers and no fucking justice system, FARE is clearly run by those who wish our club and our kind harm and it is nothing short of corruption that these action are allowed to continue, there is something deeply sinister at work here and unfortunately the men at the top of our club are not will to fight, well we should raise money and hire lawyers ourselves (re Rangers fans fighting fund), we need to stop this in its track because there aim is to destroy us

Just now, RFC RYAN said:

For a song sung last week in Warsaw. We have just been charged we haven’t found out what that charge involves yet so the Rangers board have told UEFA we won’t take any away tickets for our next game. 

Still confused how the board couldn’t come out telling us we had been charged after the st Joseph’s game and only told us when the punishment got issued. 

I have found this last week bizarre tbh. I already said in another thread this is been pushed by others uefa haven't a clue what any of our song's mean ffs.

First I heard about been under investigation was when it was announced about the closure of certain areas.

Now this wtf is going on 

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Fuck sake.  Was hoping they would give us a chance to sort shit out before charging us again.

This is brutal.

We would have had a chance to sort had the board told us we had been charged first time and not when the punishment was received. 

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It's not.

Fly through a speed trap in a  30 zone doing 50, then do the same thing an hour later at another speed trap.

Try arguing that you were not warned that you had broken the law the first time, so the second one should not count.

The logical answer is that it matters not one jot. You broke the rules twice, you get hit twice.

And no cunt told you the speed trap was there? Aye seems legal and fair.

And don’t give me the shite that we all know the songs are banned because that’s bullshit. 

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Wonder what UEFA’s punishment wheel of fortune will land on after absolutely no ‘offensive’ singing if we win on Thursday 

Will it be stadium closure, no away fans forever, a fine, The never seen before group stage 18 point deduction or the odds on favourite of expulsion from the EL

Would like to take this time to remind you that AIK fans stormed the away end in Stockholm last month to steal a flag causing a riot in the stands. Their penalty was a mere fine and a slap on the wrist, hopefully they’re up for more of the same tomorrow night given that actual violence equates to a lesser penalty than one word in a song 

Pretty sure I read that they tried to charge them last week at parkhead aswell.

11 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Has there been an examples of away fan behaviour been punished with a closure of the home stadium? 

They are treated separately AFAIK 

From looking at the charges, there's a few that have been charged for away fan behaviour with a section closure (as is the punishment for a first offence) with Levski Sofia, Bulgaria.Romania u21 and Lazio all punished in the last year.

Partizan are the only club to have had a full stadium closure that I can see recently and the second offence took place at home (can't see the first offence)

1 minute ago, RFC RYAN said:

We would have had a chance to sort had the board told us we had been charged first time and not when the punishment was received. 

Yeah, just reading through the thread now.  Seems the board have ( once again) shat the bed.   I assume we knew about this charge weeks ago.

Just now, gogzy said:

Yeah, just reading through the thread now.  Seems the board have ( once again) shat the bed.   I assume we knew about this charge weeks ago.

Warsaw was only 6 days ago. St joes nobody seems to know when we knew about the charge 

Ok, so as I understand it, FARE are an association that anyone can join, and if they make a complaint, UEFA will back them up and take action.

Now if even a few hundred celtic fans join and pay the 50 euros, they can legitimately complain about our fans on a weekly basis, regardless of songs sung etc, and it wasn't a UEFA delegate who complained about us(as I understood to be the case). 

That means that regardless of us stopping the songs (which ones, we haven't been told, but can assume TBB is on the list), we will be complained about. 

Let's not beat around the bush, those bastards (celtic supporters) want us dead and out of the way and will do whatever they can to get there. 

I just struggle to get my head around the fact that Songs and words are deemed more offensive than actual racism and violence. I hate what the world is becoming, and that we have so many fans who are actually having a go at others for their beliefs. 

Let's just all hand out the prawn sandwiches, clap the team on to the pitch and just just applaud the boys for a jolly good performance, and encourage the players with shouts of "you can do it", and positive affirmation messages.

The thing is, it won't stop. I've read that they are trying to say Penny Arcade is sectarian? That will be next. We have meekly taken it up the arse from all and sundry (no, FARE, that wasn't me being homophobic) since 2012. 

The club need to challenge this or at the very least get clarification or guidelines from UEFA as to what we are dealing with, otherwise we will amend the songbook and still face sanctions. Throwing the Union Bears under the bus is shocking and looks like they have done so to appease UEFA rather than being sensible, challenging them and standing up for our support. 

Im sorry, but the world is fucked when TBB and Build My Gallows are worse than throwing bananas and calling someone the n word for 90 minutes. You see worse on daytime tv than we have been pulled up for.

Rant over.

Archived