2nd UEFA Charge

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Time to pull out of the competition in protest.

Financially not good but we cant go on like this, people going to Ibrox are bad enough for shit atmospheres but now it will be horrendous, the club will start to employ undercover "supporters"...

This is a deliberate attempt to put us out of Europe. celtic minded, left wing stance along beside it

Aye, lets lose out on millions every year, just so we can sing some songs.

Solid plan.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They won't because if we then get pulled for singing something that's not on the banned list then folk piss and complain.

How could that happen seriously? Produce a band songs list even what words cant be sung no gray areas then.

TBB isn't sectarian in anyway mate its usually the word after the F word is why it causes "offense" to some

Is fenian a bad word? Btw genuine question I thought not myself maybe am mistaken 

Just now, theiconicman said:

No, just the ones where we sing about them...quite why we do I've never understood. We talk about them being obsessive but all our 'popular' songs obsess over them.

I don't think it matters what we sing tomorrow night, we'll be charged again. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Lazio had a section closed for it last season.

Lazio shouldn’t get to play in any UEFA competition if a so called 3rd strike for us would apparently lead to expulsion 

Racism, anti semitism, Nazi salutes, violence. You name a bit of scumbag behaviour and there’s every chance Lazio or another Italian side do it on the regular 

But we say fenian so that’s totally worse 

Just now, KingKirk said:

How could that happen seriously? Produce a band songs list even what words cant be sung no gray areas then.

TBB isn't sectarian in anyway mate its usually the word after the F word is why it causes "offense" to some

Is fenian a bad word? Btw genuine question I thought not myself maybe am mistaken 

If you need someone to tell you what words the average person would find offensive then there really isn't any hope is there.

Just now, GA1972 said:

Lazio shouldn’t get to play in any UEFA competition if a so called 3rd strike for us would apparently lead to expulsion 

Racism, anti semitism, Nazi salutes, violence. You name a bit of scumbag behaviour and there’s every chance Lazio or another Italian side do it on the regular 

But we say fenian so that’s totally worse 

That's their first strike from what I can see listed on UEFA's website.

So can someone clarify for me.... 

We're not taking away tickets for the next euro game, is that a voluntary gesture from Rangers or is that the actual UEFA punishment for the 2nd charge? 

If it's voluntary, whats the actual UEFA punishment going to be this time? 

Just now, Coop said:

So just eff surrender to these pricks?

If surrender means start obeying the rules then yes. It is exactly what we do.

The alternative is go down fighting, which means getting kicked out of Europe, losing millions, handing them 10 in a row and no doubt shortly followed with them being first to get 55 league titles with us falling into obscurity. 

Just now, Craiggybear said:

We're not taking away tickets for the next euro game, is that a voluntary gesture from Rangers or is that the actual UEFA punishment for the 2nd charge? 

If we get through its a stick on they'll close Ibrox. The Club are just trying to show they are actively doing something about it. It won't matter other than PR to show action.

1 minute ago, Craiggybear said:

It is voluntary to try and get UEFA to see that we are acting on the issue.

If it fails, and it probably will, Ibrox is closed for our next home game after the hearing.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

There's always grey areas when it comes to language. If you can't use certain terms, you often replace them with new ones. UEFA find that 'fenian' can be used to refer to catholics so have deemed it sectarian.

It's not particularly a bad word, but then I don't feel there's any such thing as a bad word, more the meaning behind the word.

3 minutes ago, Coop said:

So just f uking surrender to these pricks?

What do you suggest?

Standing outside an empty Ibrox still singing the songs?

Empty because they have either made us play in an empty stadium or threw us out of the tournament altogether. 

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Aye, lets lose out on millions every year, just so we can sing some songs.

Solid plan.

As much as I respect the loyalist heritage folk have attached to the club, I honestly struggle with folk who have the mentality of the poster you've replied to gogzy. The club always comes first, in my book 

People can disagree all they want on this subject but their opinions are not valid in the eyes of the authority that counts here, UEFA, and we will continue to get fucked for this unless people just stop singing about fenians and the Pope. No other solution. If people want to sing these songs just keep it out of the stadium 

To suggest we should voluntarily lose millions of pounds is mental

2 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Voluntary.

Stadium closure. €50,000 fine.

14 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

Racist behaviour for sectarian singing?  Racist?Are these cunts on drugs? 

Racist and other discriminatory behaviour.

It all falls under the same charge mate.

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

There is no list of banned songs. There does not need to be a list of banned songs.

You are however not allowed to say the following:-

Fenians (especially if you follow it with bastards)

Fuck the Pope

Taigs

Papes

Anything else which would be considered by many to be particularly offensive.

Its not really that hard to understand to be honest.

It’s not hard for you to understand because you have just decide thats what the rules are. The problem is everyone’s interpretation of this will be different so it has to be clear to all and should be clarified by the accusers (uefa/fare). If you don’t know the rules you can’t play by them 

They have proof that we sung the songs there is nothing we can do about that now except not sing them. I do feel we should be looking back over their qualifiers and highlighting instances of sectarian singing ( there must be some especially away from home ) , and asking UEFA why there is one rule for us and another for them.  

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Maybe they should have met with RSC’s first so people could have the platform to get some proper clarity before they came out with a statement like the one they did today.

That should have been done as soon as the board were told we were being reported for 18/7, why they did not is a complete fucking mystery. :headwall:  

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

If surrender means start obeying the rules then yes. It is exactly what we do.

The alternative is go down fighting, which means getting kicked out of Europe, losing millions, handing them 10 in a row and no doubt shortly followed with them being first to get 55 league titles with us falling into obscurity. 

Say goodbye to our history then.

Just now, gogzy said:

Racist and other discriminatory behaviour.

It all falls under the same charge mate.

They really need to remove racist as the fucking press here are only running with that part.

It makes it sound like our whole stadium sing KKK songs or some shite 

Just now, psb07158 said:

As much as I respect the loyalist heritage folk have attached to the club, I honestly struggle with folk who have the mentality of the poster you've replied to gogzy. The club always comes first, in my book 

People can disagree all they want on this subject but their opinions are not valid in the eyes of the authority that counts here, UEFA, and we will continue to get fucked for this unless people just stop singing about fenians and the Pope. No other solution. If people want to sing these songs just keep it out of the stadium 

To suggest we should voluntarily lose millions of pounds is mental

👏     👏 

Archived