2nd UEFA Charge

BridgeIsBlue

Just now, Cedrick said:

If we give them a towing on Sunday Aggadoo will be offensive, always the same , referees and songs whenever their shitting themselves, famine song was banned coz we beat them 4v2 at the piggery , the Pedro mendes goal game , that’s fact to 

And once that was banned they were wanting Penny Arcade removed.

And on and and on

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

Hence my listing of every other saturday. If we go back to those songs then great. 

I just have that same sinking feeling I had back in 2012 where the eyes and fingers were aimed directly at us.

It is only a matter of time before we start getting punished for singing them in the domestic scene as well. Better to cut it out regardless.

If we keep normalising it in the domestic game, there will be cases where we take a pumping in Europe and the fans will belt something out in defiance or something. 

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It kinda is the context.

This is why they can possibly get away with their 'fenian army' shite, although I dont think that will last either.

Im pretty sure that every one of our uses for the word are derogatory though.

Not really sure I have heard many 'Ah thats one cute little fenian!', or 'He is giving the fenians a good name!'.

Aye I thought that as long as it's no used in an offensive way then it's no issue. So that's it fucked unless we find away round it.

That's no happening

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

And once that was banned they were wanting Penny Arcade removed.

And on and and on

Like it or not, but calling someone a 'fenian bastard' is sectarian. This is why we are being punished.

They cant and wont start banning us for singing non offensive songs. Saying otherwise is just stupid to try and point the balme for the current situation at other folk rather than our own support.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It is only a matter of time before we start getting punished for singing them in the domestic scene as well. Better to cut it out regardless.

If we keep normalising it in the domestic game, there will be cases where we take a pumping in Europe and the fans will belt something out in defiance or something. 

It's 100% going to happen at some point domestically. If UEFA are doing this now then the domestic leagues and authorities will follow suit at some point.  

12 minutes ago, gogzy said:

How would that work?

What would we be taking them to court for?  Not letting us do something that is clearly against the rules we signed up to isn't a reason to take them to court.

I don't even know how we could begin arguing in favour of letting us sing songs that denigrate a religion ( like it or not, that is how some of our songs are seen by UEFA)

Challenge them on what is racist/sectarian and what's just political.

1 hour ago, RFC RYAN said:

Slo has just said the hour before and after the game in the stadium is taken into it.

We are held in the ground for an hour after it and are advised to go into the ground as early as possible. 

Were fans told this by either the SLO or anyone from Rangers  before away games ?? Not much point in him telling fans that now ffs. 

13 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Club 1872 have issued an email. 

Fenians, add ons, anything regarding pope etc etc is not allowed.

FARE are videoing our supporters and sending it to UEFA. Doesn’t have to be a large section but only a few which was the case in Warsaw.

Doesn’t help there’s fans posting videos on twitter etc of being at games singing songs. 

8 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Or let's bend over and take the witch hint against our club from a CORRUPT UEFA and fenian tinted fare.

Like it gogzy...

This board wouldn't have the baws anyway, too busy appeasing EVERYONE and ANYONE apart from Protestant, Unionist Rangers supporters of whom they are shamed of...

FFS mate c'mon usually agree with most of what you say but ffs your way off.

Just because some group might hate Catholic people mate we can't just sit back and just let them batter away its 2019 ffs. 

1 hour ago, fanaticCR said:

Can you please enlighten us all what songs they are?

I wish people would stop asking this.

Why don’t you write down all the songs that the fans sing and then go through each one’s lyrics and have a think which ones you think would be unacceptable. It’s not hard mate. 

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Aye I thought that as long as it's no used in an offensive way then it's no issue. So that's it fucked unless we find away round it.

That's no happening

Ajax tried in their defence of the 'fenian' banner punishment to claim that as celtic fans referred to themselves as 'fenians' the banner was not offensive.

UEFA replied by saying that although some of the celtic fans took pride in the 'fenian' tag, others were offended by it.

For this reason, it was deemed to be offensive and Ajax were punished.

Going by this logic, I would argue that if celtic hold up any banners or do any chants about Fenians, it would be a shame if any unnamed celtic fans wrote in to complain about their deep offence caused by their fellow fans.

1 minute ago, Coop said:

Challenge them on what is racist/sectarian and what's just political.

Pretty sure this was tried by a team before and they failed to convince UEFA to change their stance.

I don't see court as a valid option.  They will hold us to the rules we signed up to.  The interpretation of those rules will be up to the people in charge.

With the amount of eyes watching us just now and the charges the club we love could face. I wont be singing the add ons at the weekend or the game tomorrow night. This season is the most important in my years watching Rangers. I do respect other fans who wish to sing the add ons though.

The second punishment is a stitch-up. It happened before we were found guilty of the first crime.. I'm sure they could find crimes when we played the Danes and  Progess if they wanted, to find reason to close the stadium but they didn't.  It is done with the sole intention to disrupt tomorrow's game. Nothing more. If we a guilty again, we deserve what comes our way but this second one blows!

1 hour ago, MarzM said:

Because it's also against SPFL rules. Trust me...there's going to be a witch hunt if this continues. That wee cunt Stewart will be happy to highlight it

Every hater will have a say on it . Just about every one in the media . Count on that

12 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Got a link to that charge?  I'd need to see the wording to it to make sure we go charged under the same section for the same thing.

If not then we aren't comparing apples to apples.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/13218273

Widely known at the time it was BMG we were done for. 

Archived