2nd UEFA Charge

BridgeIsBlue

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Are you two arguing or vociferously agreeing with each other?

Totally lost.....

I'm not arguing. Nor am I agreeing. 

Im trying to make a point. The SFA won't punish us because they can't. UEFA are punishing us because they can. 

Fuck knows what the dude is trying to prove. I'm lost on that too 😂

He's always been a bit controversial at times but these days just seems to have an obsession with being arsey. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Legally it might not be their ‘duty’ and there might be some guff small print t&cs for your ticket.

However you can not argue that it would be common sense for the club to make more of the FARE situation in advance of them attending a match at not that great an effort using social media, liaising with RSC’s , tannoys before the match and any other easily available channel especially when you consider the effort they’ve had to put into this Everyone Anyone nonsense and now these charges.

Supporters are advising each other we need to box smart so why isn’t the club boxing smart?

You can not place blame solely at the feet of fans (especially just one section of fans) when the full stadium was singing the song and for the most part they were unaware of potential future repercussions. 

The club have been telling us for fuck knows how long not to sing them. If after 13 years or more you still can't take that in then that falls on you, not Rangers,

Seems to me the Board has found itself unable to fully or properly anticipate the potential for problems with UEFA and FARE.      Caught unprepared and scrambling to try to apply an effective course of action.    The Board are untouchable though.    There's absolutely nothing the Support can to do galvanise them into better quality guardianship of the Club and better quality defence of the Club's name, history and reputation.     

Its for individual supporters to make their own minds up on what to do next not just at the Legia game but at the OF game, and domestic games for the rest of the season (and European games if we qualify).      It will be very interesting this time on Thursday night to see if there has been any Supporter behaviour which the Board now find unacceptable...…..and what the potential consequences might be from UEFA whether or not we quality for the next stage of the tournament. 

The latest Rangers message includes the phrase........"One way or another this offensive behaviour must end and it would be much more preferable if we stopped it ourselves, simply by behaving like true Rangers fans."     I wonder what options they think they have when they refer to 'one way or the other'.     At one level its  looking to the Support at a game to somehow collectively self-regulate  so that no problem arises.   That'd be quite a trick to pull off given the very heated views being expressed in SM forums.    At another level the so-called offensive behaviour is eliminated at a game (away or at home) if there are no Supporters present, or if the Club is chucked out of a tournament.  

But that'd be a narrowish view and pointed only at European games.     I suspect the Club statement, added to the previous statement, are about more than European games.   

I think they are aimed at all games - including domestic games.     The reason for this is I can't see this Board being satisfied with somehow trying to juggle a twin track Supporter behaviour approach where there is a crossing of collective Board fingers that at each European game there behaviour that doesn't attract FARE / UEFA sanctions, only for the leash to be slipped for domestic games.   No,  I think the Board statements are first salvos in their scrambling attempt to get Supporter behaviour modified on a permanent basis for domestic games too.    They will not want to clear a FARE / UEFA hurdle only to find a salivating Scottish media and political class jumping on them at every domestic game if the singing is reintroduced at these games.      And are now prepared to create cannon-fodder in the shape of UB and any other supporter group to get a revised behaviour implemented ie if they go then they go because this Board is now about defining what is acceptable Supporter behaviour in this age.     If that means casualties then it seems to me the Board is now picking its fight to accept that there will be casualties.        

The way this is heading enough pressure might be generated on a flapping Board to stretch the 'no away tickets' move to domestic games with a ratcheted self imposed warning process to go with it that if the singing is not seen and heard to be modified then it'll be selected home games which are played behind closed doors until the Supporter behaviour is brought to heel.   Total eradication not just in European games but in domestic games is what I suspect is what this Board is now about.    A Board that is untouchable so just as there is no fighting UEFA on their rules as its their tournament, there is no fighting this Rangers board because it has created for itself an untouchable position.      

2 very big home games this week.    It'll be very interesting to see how the Support reacts at both.  And after each what words King and his board have to say about Supporter behaviour. 

3 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Legally it might not be their ‘duty’ and there might be some guff small print t&cs for your ticket.

However you can not argue that it would be common sense for the club to make more of the FARE situation in advance of them attending a match at not that great an effort using social media, liaising with RSC’s , tannoys before the match and any other easily available channel especially when you consider the effort they’ve had to put into this Everyone Anyone nonsense and now these charges.

Supporters are advising each other we need to box smart so why isn’t the club boxing smart?

You can not place blame solely at the feet of fans (especially just one section of fans) when the full stadium was singing the song and for the most part they were unaware of potential future repercussions. 

👏👏

I have been following our Club for over 50 years........so a mere babe in comparison to some on RM.       

However, we have to accept that things change in society. And no, that's not being an apologist.  

There was a time when society demanded that anyone who was left-handed had their left hand cut off.  (Yes, I am left-handed) Thankfully, we have moved on from that train of thought.

'Back in the day': -

I sang every song in our songbook on the terraces, having been taught by my father. Acceptable then...but certainly not now (and rightly so)

We used to drink and drive all the time. Acceptable then...but certainly not now (and rightly so)

There were TV programmes like 'Love Thy Neighbour' which was acceptable then.....but certainly not now (and rightly so)

I used to refer to black people by the 'N' word. Acceptable then......but certainly not now (and rightly so)

Derogatory remarks about people with differences, be they physical, mental or sexual, were acceptable in the mainstream....but certainly not now (and rightly so)

Even religious differences were highlighted in a negative way. Acceptable then...but certainly not now (and rightly so)

It's time to realise that we will not win this argument by continuing to sing songs that a governing organisation has decreed are unacceptable.

The choice, as I see it, is that we sing what we want....but we will be doing it in front of our 38, 48, 57 inch televisions....because the games will be behind closed doors............

or, we screw the bobbin....and  play clever by leaving that particular section of the songbook out of European nights.

Ultimately, it's our choice.

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I'm not arguing. Nor am I agreeing. 

Im trying to make a point. The SFA won't punish us because they can't. UEFA are punishing us because they can. 

Fuck knows what the dude is trying to prove. I'm lost on that too 😂

He's always been a bit controversial at times but these days just seems to have an obsession with being arsey. 

And I'm just stringing that out a little bit to re-iterate the point that there's no big agenda to hammer us.

3 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Seems to me the Board has found itself unable to fully or properly anticipate the potential for problems with UEFA and FARE.      Caught unprepared and scrambling to try to apply an effective course of action.    The Board are untouchable though.    There's absolutely nothing the Support can to do galvanise them into better quality guardianship of the Club and better quality defence of the Club's name, history and reputation.     

Its for individual supporters to make their own minds up on what to do next not just at the Legia game but at the OF game, and domestic games for the rest of the season (and European games if we qualify).      It will be very interesting this time on Thursday night to see if there has been any Supporter behaviour which the Board now find unacceptable...…..and what the potential consequences might be from UEFA whether or not we quality for the next stage of the tournament. 

The latest Rangers message includes the phrase........"One way or another this offensive behaviour must end and it would be much more preferable if we stopped it ourselves, simply by behaving like true Rangers fans."     I wonder what options they think they have when they refer to 'one way or the other'.     At one level its  looking to the Support at a game to somehow collectively self-regulate  so that no problem arises.   That'd be quite a trick to pull off given the very heated views being expressed in SM forums.    At another level the so-called offensive behaviour is eliminated at a game (away or at home) if there are no Supporters present, or if the Club is chucked out of a tournament.  

But that'd be a narrowish view and pointed only at European games.     I suspect the Club statement, added to the previous statement, are about more than European games.   

I think they are aimed at all games - including domestic games.     The reason for this is I can't see this Board being satisfied with somehow trying to juggle a twin track Supporter behaviour approach where there is a crossing of collective Board fingers that at each European game there behaviour that doesn't attract FARE / UEFA sanctions, only for the leash to be slipped for domestic games.   No,  I think the Board statements are first salvos in their scrambling attempt to get Supporter behaviour modified on a permanent basis for domestic games too.    They will not want to clear a FARE / UEFA hurdle only to find a salivating Scottish media and political class jumping on them at every domestic game if the singing is reintroduced at these games.      And are now prepared to create cannon-fodder in the shape of UB and any other supporter group to get a revised behaviour implemented ie if they go then they go because this Board is now about defining what is acceptable Supporter behaviour in this age.     If that means casualties then it seems to me the Board is now picking its fight to accept that there will be casualties.        

The way this is heading enough pressure might be generated on a flapping Board to stretch the 'no away tickets' move to domestic games with a ratcheted self imposed warning process to go with it that if the singing is not seen and heard to be modified then it'll be selected home games which are played behind closed doors until the Supporter behaviour is brought to heel.   Total eradication not just in European games but in domestic games is what I suspect is what this Board is now about.    A Board that is untouchable so just as there is no fighting UEFA on their rules as its their tournament, there is no fighting this Rangers board because it has created for itself an untouchable position.      

2 very big home games this week.    It'll be very interesting to see how the Support reacts at both.  And after each what words King and his board have to say about Supporter behaviour. 

Just now, ianb1547 said:

I have been following our Club for over 50 years........so a mere babe in comparison to some on RM.       

However, we have to accept that things change in society. And no, that's not being an apologist.  

There was a time when society demanded that anyone who was left-handed had their left hand cut off.  (Yes, I am left-handed) Thankfully, we have moved on from that train of thought.

'Back in the day': -

I sang every song in our songbook on the terraces, having been taught by my father. Acceptable then...but certainly not now (and rightly so)

We used to drink and drive all the time. Acceptable then...but certainly not now (and rightly so)

There were TV programmes like 'Love Thy Neighbour' which was acceptable then.....but certainly not now (and rightly so)

I used to refer to black people by the 'N' word. Acceptable then......but certainly not now (and rightly so)

Derogatory remarks about people with differences, be they physical, mental or sexual, were acceptable in the mainstream....but certainly not now (and rightly so)

Even religious differences were highlighted in a negative way. Acceptable then...but certainly not now (and rightly so)

It's time to realise that we will not win this argument by continuing to sing songs that a governing organisation has decreed are unacceptable.

The choice, as I see it, is that we sing what we want....but we will be doing it in front of our 38, 48, 57 inch televisions....because the games will be behind closed doors............

or, we screw the bobbin....and  play clever by leaving that particular section of the songbook out of European nights.

Ultimately, it's our choice.

Fucking hell lads.

Two great posts, but its almost 12am. Gonna keep the posts to Twitter length (That means short Ian, as I understand you old cunts might not be up on the tech!).

Fell asleep halfway through reading them!

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So because I've not defended the fans' right to sing about fenians then I've vilified them? Kinda fucking weird logic is that?

No. You defend UEFA and article 14 before hearing the charges .That is wrong. You are not a lawyer yet pretend to act like one on here despite your constant slip ups. In this day in age, I have no room for apologists. We need to stand up more than at any other time in our almost 150 year existence. If you don't think there is a war against us you are sadly mistaken.

And for the record, I have always been against singing TBB since 2006

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No, I'm having a look through their website just no and they do seem to cover a pretty wide number of games but it's not really a surprise that they'd target fans with relatively recent charges for it.

I’m going to back to celtic v linfield . This Fare . They are sitting their with their full mantra , target and strategy being to help eradicate offensive chanting and so on at European football games. So here was an occasion of a team with a well known history of supporting militant Irish republicanism playing a team from Loyalist Belfast. Did they not maybe have a wee think of this could be a potential game we could put our resources to use ? They clearly know the football landscape in Glasgow with their various dealings with us. So  a question to ask is simply where were they that night and why didn’t they think it was worthwhile to use their resources at such a match?

Just now, The Dude said:

And I'm just stringing that out a little bit to re-iterate the point that there's no big agenda to hammer us.

Away and behave, you really think that? The first real challenge celtic have had in 8 years and it just so happens all this is brought up in the week that can really make or break the season? Some of your posts i can see a bit of sense in but since this whole uefa issue has raised its head you have hardly been out of the threads spouting some amount of shite

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Fucking hell lads.

Two great posts, but its almost 12am. Gonna keep the posts to Twitter length (That means short Ian, as I understand you old cunts might not be up on the tech!).

Twat....that took me 20 minutes to type.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Fucking hell lads.

I don't do Twitter though.  I read it but don't do it.  Sorry

1 minute ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Away and behave, you really think that? The first real challenge celtic have had in 8 years and it just so happens all this is brought up in the week that can really make or break the season? Some of your posts i can see a bit of sense in but since this whole uefa issue has raised its head you have hardly been out of the threads spouting some amount of shite

I really think that. Peter Lawwell is a nobody outside of Scottish football. He's the 'guy from celtic'. He's not some big mover ad shaker as some are desperate to paint him as.

Do you SERIOUSLY think UEFA's disciplinary committee timed the announcement of the first charge to coincide with this week then decided to charge us after the Legia game, hoping the Rangers board would be forced into releasing a statement and forfeiting thousands of away European tickets all in a bid to disrupt the next two games?

3 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

Thank you. I will say that my week consists of 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday....so I have the time to type all that.

JCDBigBear is the same, hence his frequency and similar length of posts on here! 

13 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

and to think we all laughed at only an excuse when they had the nonce fc fan around the radio or tv listening for the big bad Rangers singing naughty words, the cunts have escalated their hatred so much since then and since they tried to bury us.

As a great man once said, jealousy is a terrible thing. 

You often find that things are funny because they are true.

They cunts have an offended gene or something.

Archived