2nd UEFA Charge

BridgeIsBlue

Just now, The Dude said:

They've been saying it over and over for years mate. I've heard it for literally most of my life and I'm in my early 30s. The club shouldn't need to tell you not to do it on occasions when there might be someone there. We face the same potential risk regardless of whether FARE are there so there's no reason to put out any additional warnings beyond the ones played before every game at Ibrox.

I don’t think we’re ever going to see eye to eye on this one mate, this is also becoming far too much typing for this time of night  😂

For what it’s worth I haven’t said ‘fenian’ during a song in a very long time because it’s really not worth getting lifted on a Thursday night or any night for that matter. 

I’ll agree that the club shouldn’t need to baby the fans to the extent I’m describing but given the scrutiny we are constantly under and the little effort it would take it just seems like the common sense thing to do.

Under Murray’s tenure he was on about this issue constantly. Partly due to that and then eventually the Offensive Behaviour Act the songs we’re discussing did seem to get phased out for a bit but came came back in the last few years when that piece of legislation was proven to be absolute tosh.

As far as I can recall this is the first time Kings board or any fellow fans have called us out on sectarian singing so I feel like they should’ve been more proactive in realising we were singing these songs at every game domestically and it would harm us in Europe along with a warning to the fans that it had to stop for that reason.

Just for their own optics as well they’d have got far more sympathy from fans for doing that  than what they’ve had for being charged, pointing blame and seemingly not putting up any defence as well as leaving us wide open to a second charge in Warsaw 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Dude said:

So why would he speak to them weekly or monthly? So far you've said he's speak to them with pretty remarkable regularity, given me a biography of him and a brief overview of a PR puff-piece from one of celtic's partners.

A PR puff piece? Thats usually your department round here, i feel honoured. See above, they meet every 2 months, cant see them not talking in between times, can you?

Just now, Gascoigne8 said:

Just a wee add on.........

Meetings
As a general rule, the UEFA Executive Committee meets once every two months,
and is convened by the UEFA President. The UEFA President may invite third parties to attend meetings of the UEFA Executive Committee in an advisory capacity. The committee has a quorum of more than half of its voting members, including the UEFA President or, in his absence, a vice-president.

Lawwell isn't on the UEFA Ex-Co.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/executive-committee/

Just now, Gascoigne8 said:

A PR puff piece? Thats usually your department round here, i feel honoured. See above, they meet every 2 months, cant see them not talking in between times, can you?

A committee that Lawwell doesn't sit on? Cool.

5 hours ago, psb07158 said:

They're going to throw us out of Europe if our fans continue to sing whatever it is they're so upset about 

We need clarity from the club ASAP

There is no real lack of clarity.     Billy Boys is out as is any song with add-ons or word changes.   Super Rangers  is out because of "we hate c****c Fenian Bstrds".    Simply the Best with "Fk the pope and the IRA".    Even Follow Follow because people started to return to "Fk the pope and the vatican" instead of "Aberdeen and back again".    The Famine Song as well.  There are others which have sod all to do with Rangers and I don't know what they are called as they are new to (ancient)  me.  It isn't rocket science taking an educated guess if any of our fans are in doubt then don't sing it.    As with a lot of laws, ignorance of the law is no excuse.

5 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Somebody sent me this, I’m assuming it’s a wind up but if it’s not it’s fucking batshit crazy that this is deemed acceptable behaviour and certain words in a song isn’t 

EA7E77C9-2D7B-431C-A9A2-FDD899F1ACCA.jpeg

They put a tank as a kind of statue/attraction outside their stadium in the last week and there’s been controversy over it.

Apparently rumours the tank was used during the Yugoslav troubles in a fight against Croatians at the Battle of Vukovar.

Unsure if the tank in the picture is the same one or if they are actually driving a different tank through the streets 

17 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

You’re making excuses for lack of nous shown by those in the directors box 

Why can the Club as others have said not release clearly in a statement (which they should’ve done upon finding out FARE were coming back to Ibrox) something to the effect of  ‘Please don’t sing x song and y song due to potential repercussions from UEFA and beyond. We understand that most fans would not partake in any sectarian singing but as a duty of care to the club and it’s fans we must ask that the actions of a minority don’t have a negative future impact on the club in the form of UEFA sanctions including stadium closures, fines and expulsion from UEFA competition. I’m sure we don’t need to explain to you how severe the impact of these possible sanctions would be from a footballing, financial and supporters perspective. We thank you for your fantastic ongoing support and your cooperation in this matter.’

This would acknowledge the problem. It’s like they want to act like the songs don’t exist while also condemning the fans for singing them at the moment. Fans should know what not to sing yes but a lot of fans aren’t as well informed as we are when it comes to such matters and will continue singing whatever they want until they are definitively told not to. 

It has been pretty well known for some years that UEFA have frowned upon some of our songs.   As for FARE, I agree they are not fair to RFC but how can we complain if we have broken the rules?    There is no real lack of clarity.  Billy Boys is out as is any song with add-ons or word changes.   Super Rangers  is out because of "we hate c****c Fenian Bastards".    Simply the Best with "Fk the pope and the IRA".    Even Follow Follow because people started to return to "Fk the pope and the vatican" instead of "Aberdeen and back again".    There are others which have sod all to do with Rangers and I don't know what they are called as they are new to (ancient)  me.  It isn't rocket science taking an educated guess if any of our fans are in doubt then don't sing it.    As with a lot of laws, ignorance of the law is no excuse.

7 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

They put a tank as a kind of statue/attraction outside their stadium in the last week and there’s been controversy over it.

Apparently rumours the tank was used during the Yugoslav troubles in a fight against Croatians at the Battle of Vukovar.

Unsure if the tank in the picture is the same one or if they are actually driving a different tank through the streets 

Wonder if it was loaded in case they lost

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

A committee that Lawwell doesn't sit on? Cool.

My bad he doesnt sit on the Ex Co , he sits on the ECA's board and is one of 4........4, thats right 4 people (that to me would indicate a pretty high up level of responsibility in the organisation, no?) Who have been tasked with looking at reforming the european cup competition  formats. 

"celtic supremo Peter Lawwell has been appointed as one of four key men who will try and change the Champions League format…just days after the Hoops were dumped out of the competition."

ECA’s priority in the next phase of the consultation process is to work with stakeholders across football to find the best route for reform.”

hes managed to get himself in with the big boys has he not????

1 minute ago, Tomatasauce said:

Wonder if it was loaded in case they lost

Knowing the mad Serbs it probably was 

Happy for them though, it’s always good to see a real big club qualifying for the Champions League despite the best efforts of UEFA in this day and age 

4 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Don’t know how many times it has to be said. If the singing continues Ibrox will be empty for a european home game very quickly. 

It can’t be stressed enough how serious this is. Now we are in UEFA’s firing line until be clean up our act it’s only going to get worse. It’s also a fight, as it stands, that we can’t win. 

Are we all meant to be fucking mind readers. 

Why did the Board not tell us about the St Joes charge straight away??

How can you blame anybody for singing a song when they didn’t fucking know they couldn’t sing it, and don’t tell us we knew TBB got sung last season and not a word from UEFA. 

2 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

My bad he doesnt sit on the Ex Co , he sits on the ECA's board and is one of 4........4, thats right 4 people (that to me would indicate a pretty high up level of responsibility in the organisation, no?) Who have been tasked with looking at reforming the european cup competition  formats. 

"celtic supremo Peter Lawwell has been appointed as one of four key men who will try and change the Champions League format…just days after the Hoops were dumped out of the competition."

ECA’s priority in the next phase of the consultation process is to work with stakeholders across football to find the best route for reform.”

hes managed to get himself in with the big boys has he not????

His role in that committee - with the sporting director of FC Copenhagen - is to represent the interests of clubs from smaller nations in the talks with UEFA over competition reform.

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Knowing the mad Serbs it probably was 

Happy for them though, it’s always good to see a real big club qualifying for the Champions League despite the best efforts of UEFA in this day and age 

Sounds like a good way to coax a performance out of barisic

18 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

It has been pretty well known for some years that UEFA have frowned upon some of our songs.   As for FARE, I agree they are not fair to RFC but how can we complain if we have broken the rules?    There is no real lack of clarity.  Billy Boys is out as is any song with add-ons or word changes.   Super Rangers  is out because of "we hate c****c Fenian Bastards".    Simply the Best with "Fk the pope and the IRA".    Even Follow Follow because people started to return to "Fk the pope and the vatican" instead of "Aberdeen and back again".    There are others which have sod all to do with Rangers and I don't know what they are called as they are new to (ancient)  me.  It isn't rocket science taking an educated guess if any of our fans are in doubt then don't sing it.    As with a lot of laws, ignorance of the law is no excuse.

TBB sang last season not a word from UEFA  so please spare us the condescending crap.

The Board has a duty of care to the club to inform the fans straight away of any charge. Instead they sat on it, in what looks like a concerted attempt to attack The UB and the away fans. 

The Board are a shower of cunts and need chased for this. 

6 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

I actually want a fucking explanation as to what song was sung and who heard it and in what part of the ground they were sitting.

We’re getting absolutely shafted here

Has the SLO been able to offer any answers to your questions?  

I'd like the board to explain this  also, the club must have some sort of evidence to blame BF1 for the breach,  It would be good if they could explain to ALL paying customers what this evidence is and why they haven't challenged it.  

I still think Lawwell is using his connections within UEFA to target our clubs finances with fines and lack of European money.

If Lawwell can slow down Rangers progress he won't have to work as hard at rebuilding his clubs finances after they are ordered to pay their victims compensation. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

UEFA haven't published anything re: our charge v Legia. They only do it once there's an outcome. It's only thanks to the club's statement that we know there's a second charge.

So there is a second charge, us making the statement about not taking the tickets voluntarily, is that in hope of avoiding the 'normal' second charge consequences? I am a bit confused about this to be perfectly honest.

1 minute ago, badjon said:

So there is a second charge, us making the statement about not taking the tickets voluntarily, is that in hope of avoiding the 'normal' second charge consequences? I am a bit confused about this to be perfectly honest.

Yea, that's exactly what is going on.

Probably won't work and we will have to play a game behind closed doors.

Next punishment is getting kicked out.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

TBB sang last season not a word from UEFA  so please spare us the condescending crap.

The Board has a duty of care to the club to inform the fans straight away of any charge. Instead they sat on it, in what looks like a concerted attempt to attack The UB and the away fans. 

The Board are a shower of cunts and need chased for this. 

If TBB was sung last season without a charge from UEFA then we were fortunate.      Point out anything untrue in my post.

The fans are informed when they get tickets that they should behave responsibly.  I can't remember what is actually written in the stuff they send out but fans are reminded to behave and  frankly, I don't need told every time what not to sing and how to behave.   

Do you know anyone in the UB?   If yes then ask them if the Club has ever reminded them about behaviour such as flares, smoke bombs, words and songs.   

8 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Yea, that's exactly what is going on.

Probably won't work and we will have to play a game behind closed doors.

Next punishment is getting kicked out.

I can see the club issuing banning orders for BF1 to avoid that happening.

10 minutes ago, badjon said:

Yes I expect it is an attempt to show UEFA we are making serious efforts to control such behaviour in an effort to limit the penalty which will come our way.

Archived