2nd UEFA Charge

BridgeIsBlue

6 hours ago, GOAT said:

Bunch of fucking shitebags. Fuck our board, fuck Dave king, fuck that nationalist appeasing bastard Robertson and fuck every single Fenian appeasing bastard connected to our club.  Shitebags!!!!

Exactly what do you expect the Board to do in this situation?    Are you aware that our next UEFA game could be behind closed doors?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

I actually want a fucking explanation as to what song was sung and who heard it and in what part of the ground they were sitting.

We’re getting absolutely shafted here

I heard TBB being sung and I commented about it at the time that I hoped it wasn't going to get us into bother.  I was watching it on RTV.  

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

There is no real lack of clarity.     Billy Boys is out as is any song with add-ons or word changes.   Super Rangers  is out because of "we hate c****c Fenian Bstrds".    Simply the Best with "Fk the pope and the IRA".    Even Follow Follow because people started to return to "Fk the pope and the vatican" instead of "Aberdeen and back again".    The Famine Song as well.  There are others which have sod all to do with Rangers and I don't know what they are called as they are new to (ancient)  me.  It isn't rocket science taking an educated guess if any of our fans are in doubt then don't sing it.    As with a lot of laws, ignorance of the law is no excuse.

The club should have this info posted up on notice boards around the stadium and what penalties the club or fan will receive for singing them. The problem is Transparency. No one on the board as ever issued fans with transparent info on what they deem to be unacceptable behaviour, words or songs. How can a behaviour change if no one says what is acceptable and what is not acceptable.

7 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The club should have this info posted up on notice boards around the stadium and what penalties the club or fan will receive for singing them. The problem is Transparency. No one on the board as ever issued fans with transparent info on what they deem to be unacceptable behaviour, words or songs. How can a behaviour change if no one says what is acceptable and what is not acceptable.

The same discussions about these songs have been going on since I joined RM and the only thing that has changed is that the penalty for the songs being sung has now reached a critical stage.    People shouldn't need spoon-fed on how to behave every week.   

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

The same discussions about these songs have been going on since I joined RM and the only thing that has changed is that the penalty for the songs being sung has now reached a critical stage.    People shouldn't need spoon-fed on how to behave every week.   

That might be what it takes.

The board want to change a behaviour The fans want clear info on what words ,songs and behaviours are not acceptable

Notice boards with this info around the stadium would provide the knowledge that is needed to create change

5 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

But then are we at the stage where even if we change the words and keep the tune of TBB, that will still be enough to face sanctions as the tune being so well known brings its own connotations? 

I think it would depend on the specific changes, but it looks like the song itself can be deemed offensive in certain circumstances.

Pretty sure if the board came out and said stop singing songs with the word Fenian or being derogatory toward any kind of religious belief. They would still be getting slated for "trying to change the culture" or whatever other wording people want to use.  They can't win in this situation. They're not going to come out with a statement saying "Fuck UEFA Fuck the Pope" and get chucked out of Europe as much as some want them to 

2 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Brief biog:

Lawwell has served as an Executive Board Member of ECA since March 2014, has been a member of the UEFA Club Competitions Committee since 2015 and Lawwell has served as an Executive Board Member of ECA since March 2014, has been a member of the UEFA Club Competitions Committee since 2015 and was elected as one of ECA’s four representatives on UEFA’s Professional Football Strategy Council (PFSC) in August 2017. elected as one of ECA’s four representatives on UEFA’s Professional Football Strategy Council (PFSC) in August 2017.

you think since 2014 hes not made contacts or spoke to anyone in the UEFA set up?  Ffs it was a matyer of months ago he was trying to squeeze celtic into the elite UEFA rebranding of the champions league/european cup, giving clubs who had won the thing group 1 status when it came to a rejig of the format

Aye. Really not hard to connect the dots on all this considering what a monumental, vindictive cunt that man is.

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

What will that achieve?   When did the Board sing TBB in Warsaw?

The shower of cunts that make up our board wouldn’t know the words. Kings war with Ashley has cost us more money than we are losing tomorrow night but I don’t see club 1872 having a go at him.

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

This is not the worst yet. The fucking SFA/SPFL are gonna tag on to this and more punishment will come in the league because it’s all run by tarriers.  Big battles ahead. 

Didn't know this, from Vanguard Bears ...

Qr9fvzWL?format=jpg&name=600x314

https://celtsarehere.com/sfa-defended-ajax-over-derogatory-celtic-banner-uefa-document-confirms/

SFA Defended Ajax Over Derogatory celtic Banner – UEFA Document Confirms

By

Michael Ross

-

August 28, 2019

A Uefa document has surfaced online from back in 2013 when Ajax fans were charged for holding an offensive banner up during a game against celtic.

The banner in question had the words ‘Fenian B**tards’ displayed. This put Ajax under the spotlight at the time and they were forced to close a section of their stadium as a result.

What we didn’t read, however, was the SFA defending Ajax during the disciplinary hearing back in 2013. Ajax wrote to the Scottish football association about the term ‘Fenian’ and how they dealt with such matters in their domestic game.

Here is the full response which has been printed for public viewing on a Uefa Disciplinary document:

‘AFC Ajax contested the disciplinary inspector‟s argument that the word “Fenian” had
discriminatory connotations. It pointed out that the celtic FC supporters called themselves
“Fenian” and took pride in the use of this word. Therefore, for celtic FC supporters, the term

‘“Fenian” could be neither racist nor offensive and the expression used at the match
concerned, i.e. “Fenian Bastards”, was not racist.

‘- The respondent also stressed that its supporters had used the disputed word “Fenian”
because the celtic FC supporters themselves had used it. Therefore, it had never crossed the opposing supporters‟ minds that it could ever be considered discriminatory.

‘- Contacted by AFC Ajax about the term “Fenian Bastards”, the Scottish Football
Association’s disciplinary services manager had commented that half the celtic supporters
used the word “Fenian” as a badge of honour while the other half might consider it
unpleasant. The Scottish FA did not consider the word “Fenian” racist. It neither warned nor punished celtic FC or Rangers FC for calling each other “Orange Bastards” and “Fenian
Bastards” respectively, since it considered such provocative words part of the game.’

This was submitted by Ajax as their defence at the time. Pretty startling stuff from our governing body. The flippant use of the term Fenian and telling Ajax as a matter of fact how many celtic supporters call themselves this or use it as a badge of honour is also astonishing.

This is no laughing matter and deserves to be scrutinised. The fact the SFA have taken the stance they have at the time is very telling.

2 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I heard TBB being sung and I commented about it at the time that I hoped it wasn't going to get us into bother.  I was watching it on RTV.  

Other people were making sure it did ...

EDFVXQhXsAA7Ch0.jpg:large

8 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

His post to you is correct and all of those points he made have been in the MSM. And you see that's the problem things become gospel. 

What looks like moonhowling shite is actually stuff that's been in print or in radio phone in shows.

We have nobody to ridicule this pish and instead over time it becomes fact.

3 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

This is not the worst yet. The fucking SFA/SPFL are gonna tag on to this and more punishment will come in the league because it’s all run by tarriers.  Big battles ahead. 

Then refrain from singing contentious songs in Laegue games too. Simple.

4 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

What will that achieve?   When did the Board sing TBB in Warsaw?

When did the board inform the fans that we had a charge against us? Pretty sure the minute they did, the majority said it had to be cut out! Had that happened prior to Warsaw, we wouldn't be sitting on a second charge! 

And you're right the fans did sing it & are responsible, doesn't change the fact that the board, whose job it is to protect the best interests of the club, could have prevented the second charge! 

2 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

It’s all about the Rangers mate.  The cunts can’t help themselves.   

While that may be true they are also doing something we as a support can't or more importantly won't do and that's unite to cause our enemies damage. We would be able to cause them as much damage if we could mobilise and unify our support. 

All we seem to be good at is sitting complaining about them destroying us with no fight whatsoever 

6 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Are we all meant to be fucking mind readers. 

Why did the Board not tell us about the St Joes charge straight away??

How can you blame anybody for singing a song when they didn’t fucking know they couldn’t sing it, and don’t tell us we knew TBB got sung last season and not a word from UEFA. 

I’ve already said that their communication on the issue has been woeful at best. 

My point was there is absolute no excuse from tonight onwards. Anybody that decides to sing TBB, Super Rangers or anything with FTP in it cannot claim to have Rangers best interests at heart and would be best staying at home. It’s shite, but it’s reality. 

8 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I’ve already said that their communication on the issue has been woeful at best. 

My point was there is absolute no excuse from tonight onwards. Anybody that decides to sing TBB, Super Rangers or anything with FTP in it cannot claim to have Rangers best interests at heart and would be best staying at home. It’s shite, but it’s reality. 

I agree, but this a mess of the Boards making not the fans. 

After the anger died down I’ve yet to see anyone on here claiming they will sing on regardless. 

Archived