2nd UEFA Charge

BridgeIsBlue

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

I agree, but this a mess of the Boards making not the fans. 

After the anger died down I’ve yet to see anyone on here claiming they will sing on regardless. 

I’m fairly confident it’ll be fine but it’s always a concern when it’ll only take a handful of people to decide that defiance is the way forward. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, eskbankloyal said:

I’m fairly confident it’ll be fine but it’s always a concern when it’ll only take a handful of people to decide that defiance is the way forward. 

I agree again, but you are never going to stop a handful of folk doing what they like in a crowd of 50k. 

4 hours ago, shenders said:

Pretty sure if the board came out and said stop singing songs with the word Fenian or being derogatory toward any kind of religious belief. They would still be getting slated for "trying to change the culture" or whatever other wording people want to use.  They can't win in this situation. They're not going to come out with a statement saying "Fuck UEFA Fuck the Pope" and get chucked out of Europe as much as some want them to 

Bullshite. 

Pretty sure this board have never once sent out a warning to fans before a European game about singing or about FARE being in attendance.

Unreal they knew about the first charge last Thursday and waited a full day to tell anycunt. Their communication is as always a complete joke. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Pretty sure this board have never once sent out a warning to fans before a European game about singing or about FARE being in attendance.

Unreal they knew about the first charge last Thursday and waited a full day to tell anycunt. Their communication is as always a complete joke. 

The next correspondence from the board will be season ticket sale time. Feeding our ego about being loyal and best fans about and how we are all together in the fight for the title.

3 hours ago, 72barca said:

This is no laughing matter and deserves to be scrutinised. The fact the SFA have taken the stance they have at the time is very telling

And means they can’t now be charging Rangers fans domestically for using the accurate term

1 minute ago, fanaticCR said:

The next correspondence from the board will be season ticket sale time. Feeding our ego about being loyal and best fans about and how we are all together in the fight for the title.

And they'll use photos of the Union Bears and their displays to drive the sales. Hypocritical shitebag bastards.

25 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

If this happens I think there will be ‘self policing ‘

5 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

James Black is an ugly cunt

The comment is correct and that is all that matters.  

UEFA will in all likelihood ignore our gesture if no tickets for next away game and instead close Ibrox. That is what their escalation policy suggests. They have shown no tolerance in past. 

That means any transgression gets us kicked out or banned next year.  

We were banned in 1973 and some of us remember that. 

If we get banned or kicked out again our brand will be toxic. SG will leave. Players will not come. We will effectively have killed ourselves.  

I have supported Rangers for more than 50 years and this is a watershed moment like no other. We stood together when we were demoted. 

We must not kill ourselves where others have failed

Our finest hours lie ahead but we must modify the songbook to not include any songs that can be construed as sectarian. 

Our finest hours..... or self destruction. 

What do we want. What do they want.  

Its in our own hands.  

30 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I agree, but this a mess of the Boards making not the fans. 

After the anger died down I’ve yet to see anyone on here claiming they will sing on regardless. 

Exactly this.

Apologists forcing their will to serve their agenda to rid us of our traditional songsheet.

I fucking do wonder at their ah but persistence.

Imagine the head of FARE said he had no problem with our songs, imagine he was married to a self confessed Rangers fan who works on  TV news, , who hates celtic to the extent she’d make up fairytales to hurt them. The furore would be enormous with questions asked in Holyrood and Westminster. We just suck it up.

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

See if we go through tonight we'll still get kicked out. 

None of the songs in question will be sung but the tarrier in the stands will find something else to be offended by. 

Blind man can see that happening.

9 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

The comment is correct and that is all that matters.  

UEFA will in all likelihood ignore our gesture if no tickets for next away game and instead close Ibrox. That is what their escalation policy suggests. They have shown no tolerance in past. 

That means any transgression gets us kicked out or banned next year.  

We were banned in 1973 and some of us remember that. 

If we get banned or kicked out again our brand will be toxic. SG will leave. Players will not come. We will effectively have killed ourselves.  

I have supported Rangers for more than 50 years and this is a watershed moment like no other. We stood together when we were demoted. 

We must not kill ourselves where others have failed

Our finest hours lie ahead but we must modify the songbook to not include any songs that can be construed as sectarian. 

Our finest hours..... or self destruction. 

What do we want. What do they want.  

Its in our own hands.  

So tell me what they ( FARE or EUFA) construe as sectarian. 

Tell me why is it celtic are lauded for celebrating their Irish Republican tradition while we are constantly attacked for celebrating our Ulster Scots connections. The whole thing is a carve up.

7 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Tell me why is it celtic are lauded for celebrating their Irish Republican tradition while we are constantly attacked for celebrating our Ulster Scots connections. The whole thing is a carve up.

Ssshhhh. Don't tell the apologists, it doesn't fit with their agenda.

24 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

See if we go through tonight we'll still get kicked out. 

None of the songs in question will be sung but the tarrier in the stands will find something else to be offended by. 

That will be the plan, no doubt about it.

People gullible enough to think it will all end if we stop signing TBB and Super Rangers need to waken up.

10 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

That’s the problem right there. Summed up beautifully 

ignorance and a propensity to always reference others. 

Every single one of us know what not to sing yet we still kid ourselves on.  

Fucking sick of it 

Archived