2nd UEFA Charge

BridgeIsBlue

Just now, BigBearButt said:

You know fine well which songs are deemed sectarian. 

Perhaps these weren't highlighted last season however they certainly are now cracking down. 

Regardless its time these songs were left in the past where they belong. 

No I don’t, so list them?? 

So let’s change the rules when it suits, well that sounds very fair. 

So no comment on the Boards fault in all this, what a surprise  

As long as they support the Fenian/IRA and call themselves The Fenian Army I will remind the scum what I think of them. 

The past you say, I must’ve missed the IRA killing folk in Ulster again and marching through the streets of Glasgow warning us all they never went away. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously it's time for change but if songs were being sung that brought no UEFA action until 6 weeks after the St Joseph's game how were a supposedly small group of fans to know that certain songs sung at the Legia game would bring further focus.

The Rangers board needs to stand up and fight back sometime soon FFS.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He never said that did he. 

What songs are ok to sing?? 

Did we get in trouble last season for singing TBB?? 

Why didn’t the Board let us know about the first charge?? 

Are you honestly saying you don’t know what songs or add ons/ word changes/ chants will get us into trouble?

Just now, Bad Robot said:

Are you honestly saying you don’t know what songs or add ons/ word changes/ chants will get us into trouble?

This is the problem. Supporters playing semantics where it’s clear as fucking day 

it’s a stupid argument 

29 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

The issue we have is we have people more concerned about calling people fenian cunts or fuck the pope than supporting the team. 

We as fans have been more than aware of what songs are deemed offensive so I don't understand people claiming its the boards fault. 

This is it for a lot of fans. What are you more interested in. Supporting your football team? Or your supposed right to sing offensive songs?

Im more than concerned that some elements of our support will continue regardless. 

There's a good chance the board knew about the St Joseph's charge before the Legia game. If they did know why didn't they have the SLO or the Rangers security guy, who would have been in Poland liaising closely with our away support no doubt, ask the fucking support to tone it down?

So aye, while the UB are being thrown under the bus for something they may or may not be guilty of the board get away with their responsibility?

So now we have the second charge and I'm reading about how these fans obviously just don't care about the club. They didn't fucken know we had the first charge because the club didn't tell them. They just went to a match and did the same thing they've been doing for decades. So to claim they obviously care more about singing certain songs than the well being of the club as a whole is a fucking unfair and bullshit charge to lay at their feet.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

No I don’t, so list them?? 

So let’s change the rules when it suits, well that sounds very fair. 

So no comment on the Boards fault in all this, what a surprise  

As long as they support the Fenian/IRA and call themselves The Fenian Army I will remind the scum what I think of them. 

The past you say, I must’ve missed the IRA killing folk in Ulster again and marching through the streets of Glasgow warning us all they never went away. 

I'm not going to waste my time. 

Needless to say you are exactly the kind of supporter I'm talking about. More concerned in singing about not football shite that will potentially cripple the team. 

Well done. 

And by the way it's not about being singled out as a club. We can comment and ensure it is enforced widely once we have our house in order. 

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Don’t make this about that lot ffs

Oh so The Founders Trail doesn’t call us H***. 

How can you have a debate on what is sectarian and not include the sectarian chants coming back at us?? Unless said folk aren’t the least bit interested in anything sectarian and just want to wring their hands about something. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The famine song is sectarian.  😂😂

How can a song be sectarian when it isn’t about religion?? 

Oops. Is it about race?

must be racist then

Although telling Irish catholic’s to fuck off back home cos there’s food available now could be argued is sectarian. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

This is the problem. Supporters playing semantics where it’s clear as fucking day 

it’s a stupid argument 

It's not a stupid argument when we've played 10 or so EL games last season and never got charged for the songs? Are we suggesting these songs are new and weren't sung last year? There's reason number one why there's confusion as to what is allowed and what isn't.

"oh we all know, dont be daft" isn't good enough. Someone official has to name the words and/or songs.

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Do the founders trail mate. You need educated

Really, first time I heard a H** chant at the football it was Morton fans singing it to Dunfermline fans, the definition of the word H** changed when Republicans in NI started using it as a hate term to describe Protestants, not Rangers Fans, all Protestants. It was picked up by the Cowan’s and  Cosgroves of this world as a pejorative term for us, just a bit of fun. However celtic fans refer to H** schools, Mini H*** , Ayrshire H*** and even Hundee. They have held up banners at the Brendanbuer numerous times. The whole thing is a carve up, driven by Rangers Haters.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The famine song is sectarian.  😂😂

How can a song be sectarian when it isn’t about religion?? stating 

A judge in Scotland ruled that is was racist. 

UEFA sanctioned Linfield for their fans singing it stating it was sectarian. Linfield's defence was that the line "the famine is over" was not audible. This was rejected by UEFA who judged that he full song is sectarian, not just specific lines within it. That was the same judgement that they passed on the Billy Boys as well which means changing the word 'Fenian' in that song will not cut it either. 

This is what we are up against & incredibly some people still think it's a fight we can win 

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

I'm not going to waste my time. 

Needless to say you are exactly the kind of supporter I'm talking about. More concerned in singing about not football shite that will potentially cripple the team. 

Well done. 

And by the way it's not about being singled out as a club. We can comment and ensure it is enforced widely once we have our house in order. 

So you haven’t a clue. 

More bullshite. 

Still not a word on the Board. 

Ah that old chestnut again 😂😂 having the moral high ground doesn’t seem to stop anyone attacking us. 

You are the worst kind of Rangers fan (if you are one at all) happy to see the club attacked time after time and too stupid to see no matter what we sing don’t sing the attacks won’t stop until we are no more. 

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

it’s a stupid argument 

Agreed!

We have to become anti-semantic!

You have absolutely no idea how long I have been waiting on someone else other than me using that word so I could make that pun!

2 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Really, first time I heard a H** chant at the football it was Morton fans singing it to Dunfermline fans, the definition of the word H** changed when Republicans in NI started using it as a hate term to describe Protestants, not Rangers Fans, all Protestants. It was picked up by the Cowan’s and  Cosgroves of this world as a pejorative term for us, just a bit of fun. However celtic fans refer to H** schools, Mini H*** , Ayrshire H*** and even Hundee. They have held up banners at the Brendanbuer numerous times. The whole thing is a carve up, driven by Rangers Haters.

The term was changed because it was chanted at anyone supporting the IRA because people used to remember what the IRA did during WW2

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

How does Orange H** Bastards and killing all Protestants till there are no more celebrating their Irish Hertiage. 

It doesn't, so get complaining about it, because at the moment they're just waiting to put complaints in about us, watch their games, listen out for their shitty songs, complain about them to Uefa. It's exactly what they'll be doing tonight.

It's a clear double standard, but until people start complaining about it nothing will be done, and using that as an excuse to sing about fenians and the pope will only hurt the club.

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

A judge in Scotland ruled that is was racist. 

UEFA sanctioned Linfield for their fans singing it stating it was sectarian. Linfield's defence was that the line "the famine is over" was not audible. This was rejected by UEFA who judged that he full song is sectarian, not just specific lines within it. That was the same judgement that they passed on the Billy Boys as well which means changing the word 'Fenian' in that song will not cut it either. 

This is what we are up against & incredibly some people still think it's a fight we can win 

I personally want to fight the charge but realise its a fight we can't win. I don't even think the most powerful clubs in Europe could win this type of fight, not easily anyway. What I do want though is the club to grow a backbone and do something about the disproportionate attention we get from FARE.

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Oops. Is it about race?

must be racist then

Although telling Irish catholic’s to fuck off back home cos there’s food available now could be argued is sectarian. 

We don’t sing Irish Catholic do we. 😂

For someone who most of the time comes across as quite intelligent, you are acting very stupid on this  

Still don't understand why most of us are sitting around complaining about fare singling us out and ignoring the tarriers when almost every single one of us are in the position to do something about it. 

Personally I can't as I've been charged with a sectarian offence in the past but guaranteed if I never had the charge I would already be a fare member watching tarrier games in Europereporting shit they sing. 

Once again the dif between us and them is the proactively go out and do whatever they can by whatever means they can to fuck us over while what do we do?? Nothing, not a thing bar sit and argue or debate over what we  should or shouldn't sing and yep whilst doing so they are already with a plan to try and fuck us over again tonight

3 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

I personally want to fight the charge but realise its a fight we can't win. I don't even think the most powerful clubs in Europe could win this type of fight, not easily anyway. What I do want though is the club to grow a backbone and do something about the disproportionate attention we get from FARE.

Real Madrid & PSG are two clubs who have seen partial ground closures for fan behaviour that they tried to fight and failed. The fight against UEFA itself is lost. 

The fight against FARE is one we should be fighting and can win, IMO. That being said, we continue to give them legitimate reasons to attend our matches. We need to make the first move, once we got a handful of games without any charges we then have a legitimate argument as to why the keep attending. 

Archived