2nd UEFA Charge

BridgeIsBlue

5 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

It's not a stupid argument when we've played 10 or so EL games last season and never got charged for the songs? Are we suggesting these songs are new and weren't sung last year? There's reason number one why there's confusion as to what is allowed and what isn't.

"oh we all know, dont be daft" isn't good enough. Someone official has to name the words and/or songs.

We’ve been warned, fined and had a three year probation period placed on us in our last three seasons in Europe (don’t include the lower leagues)

the writing has been on the wall and we’ve continued 

folk will play with meanings, words, history and some such - fact is we are fucked if we don’t heed the warnings. We need European football both as a brand and for revenue  - people want to fuck about greeting about big bad cellic and what’s bad song or not  - truth is we have to change 

Simple

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, eskbankloyal said:

Real Madrid & PSG are two clubs who have seen partial ground closures for fan behaviour that they tried to fight and failed. The fight against UEFA itself is lost. 

The fight against FARE is one we should be fighting and can win, IMO. That being said, we continue to give them legitimate reasons to attend our matches. We need to make the first move, once we got a handful of games without any charges we then have a legitimate argument as to why the keep attending. 

Completely agree.

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

So it’s a racist song?  Some have never heard a racist song in their life sung at Ibrox 

No its a song taking the piss out of cunts from Gasglow pretending to be Irish who tell everyone they're only here because of the famine.

13 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

A judge in Scotland ruled that is was racist. 

UEFA sanctioned Linfield for their fans singing it stating it was sectarian. Linfield's defence was that the line "the famine is over" was not audible. This was rejected by UEFA who judged that he full song is sectarian, not just specific lines within it. That was the same judgement that they passed on the Billy Boys as well which means changing the word 'Fenian' in that song will not cut it either. 

This is what we are up against & incredibly some people still think it's a fight we can win 

So it’s racist 😂😂 

You only know if a fight can be won if you actually start fighting. 

All the cunts bumping they’re gums about it’s the boards fault and still going on about wanting to sing about Fenians really should fuck up.It is hurting the club and that trumps them wanting to sing certain songs or words. it isn’t hard to fucking understand.

12 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So you haven’t a clue. 

More bullshite. 

Still not a word on the Board. 

Ah that old chestnut again 😂😂 having the moral high ground doesn’t seem to stop anyone attacking us. 

You are the worst kind of Rangers fan (if you are one at all) happy to see the club attacked time after time and too stupid to see no matter what we sing don’t sing the attacks won’t stop until we are no more. 

Aye that's right I don't have a clue. 

Mr staunch strikes again eh. 

Have a word with yerself

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

We’ve been warned, fined and had a three year probation period placed on us in our last three seasons in Europe (don’t include the lower leagues)

the writing has been on the wall and we’ve continued 

folk will play with meanings, words, history and some such - fact is we are fucked if we don’t heed the warnings. We need European football both as a brand and for revenue  - people want to fuck about greeting about big bad cellic and what’s bad song or not  - truth is we have to change 

Simple

I've got no interest in talking about them. Haven't mentioned them once. 

The fact we've been warned, fined and put on a double super secret probation is exactly what I'm talking about. The club should have made a bigger deal out of this issue.

Releasing sneaky statements through Club1872 or bloggers isn't good enough.

12 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

It doesn't, so get complaining about it, because at the moment they're just waiting to put complaints in about us, watch their games, listen out for their shitty songs, complain about them to Uefa. It's exactly what they'll be doing tonight.

It's a clear double standard, but until people start complaining about it nothing will be done, and using that as an excuse to sing about fenians and the pope will only hurt the club.

Why do we need to complain?? 

The rules are in place they should be getting enforced, clear open goal for the board. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Why do we need to complain?? 

The rules are in place they should be getting enforced, clear open goal for the board. 

Because we're being held to double standard! That will only change when people actually try and do something about that, because the club fucking won't.

11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We don’t sing Irish Catholic do we. 😂

For someone who most of the time comes across as quite intelligent, you are acting very stupid on this  

No we don’t  which is why I said racist?  I was also making a point to a previous poster who has never heard a racist song sung at Ibrox   

I belted this out on many an occasion so I’m not being sanctimonious 

I often wonder where they would have been
If we hadn’t have taken them in
Fed them and washed them
Thousands in Glasgow alone
From Ireland they came
Brought us nothing but trouble and shame
Well the famine is over
Why don’t they go home?

1 minute ago, jim beam said:

All the cunts bumping they’re gums about it’s the boards fault and still going on about wanting to sing about Fenians really should fuck up.It is hurting the club and that trumps them wanting to sing certain songs or words. it isn’t hard to fucking understand.

I think you're the one struggling with understanding mate.

Most of the posts are asking for clarification what the songs actually are and asking why the board sat on a charge from 4 weeks ago. The supporters going to Legia didn't have a scooby fucken doo what kind of trouble singing songs could get us into and then the board has the temerity to release that fucken statement last night having a go at the UB.

Haven't read one poster saying they want the club to tell UEFA to fuck off we'll sing what we want.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So it’s racist 😂😂 

You only know if a fight can be won if you actually start fighting. 

I’m not saying I agree with the assessment. I view it as a satirical song poking fun at people who pretend they are Irish but have never set foot in the place. 

However, we live in a country where judges & courts make judgements that are held as precedents. If you sing the Famine Song in Scotland you run the risk of being charged under a racially aggravated offence as people have been done before. William Walls was the Rangers fan in the case I just mentioned. 

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I’m not saying I agree with the assessment. I view it as a satirical song poking fun at people who pretend they are Irish but have never set foot in the place. 

However, we live in a country where judges & courts make judgements that are held as precedents. If you sing the Famine Song in Scotland you run the risk of being charged under a racially aggravated offence as people have been done before. William Walls was the Rangers fan in the case I just mentioned. 

That's what the guy who wrote it said it was :lol:

Also that actually might be the staunchest name ever.

It's UEFA's competition and their rules so for the club to fight them on this is doomed to failure.

It can also be viewed as a warning shot to the SFA. If this is  implemented domestically then we won't accept away allocations.

Get our own house in order then tackle this PC madness head on looks like the only long term solution.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Oh well that debate went well. 

Will move on to someone who can actually hold a debate for 2 mins instead of a blinkered fool. 

It is never a debate with you. 

As I said you are the problem. You are unwilling to change even at the detriment to the club and team. 

Have you actually stopped and had a think ? 

Oh but they are singing that so I'll continue to sing this.... Even if it means we will get our stadium shut or deducted points or thrown out of the competitions all together....... 

And you called my intelligence into question..... 

3 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

I've got no interest in talking about them. Haven't mentioned them once. 

The fact we've been warned, fined and put on a double super secret probation is exactly what I'm talking about. The club should have made a bigger deal out of this issue.

Releasing sneaky statements through Club1872 or bloggers isn't good enough.

When you mean “a bigger deal” do you mean they should release a statement telling us to shut up singing those songs and put our manager in front of us and he also asks us to behave?

or is  the bigger deal “fuck the uefa sing what you like cos we’re not going to take this”

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

When you mean “a bigger deal” do you mean they should release a statement telling us to shut up singing those songs and put our manager in front of us and he also asks us to behave?

or is  the bigger deal “fuck the uefa sing what you like cos we’re not going to take this”

Considering you've been reading this thread and very likely my posts I suspect you know which route I would like the club to take regarding UEFA.

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

Just because a ruling has been made doesn’t mean it can’t be challenged. 

Where will we draw the line when it comes to what we can and can’t say/sing. Because eventually we will have to or we might as well just switch off the lights. 

2 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Considering you've been reading this thread and very likely my posts I suspect you know which route I would like the club to take regarding UEFA.

What is it, for clarity. There’s a lot of shite talk in here (including me btw 😂)

3 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

It is never a debate with you. 

As I said you are the problem. You are unwilling to change even at the detriment to the club and team. 

Have you actually stopped and had a think ? 

Oh but they are singing that so I'll continue to sing this.... Even if it means we will get our stadium shut or deducted points or thrown out of the competitions all together....... 

And you called my intelligence into question..... 

Have I said anywhere I would sing TBB on Thursday???  No 

On Sunday those scum cunts will be getting the full song book until my throat bleeds. I’m sure if you are even there you will be sitting with a your bottom lip tripping you  

Aye your intelligence is in question because you can’t see the big picture and are more interested in attacking Bears. 

Still waiting on your answer to who the board handled this mess?????? 

Archived