2nd UEFA Charge

BridgeIsBlue

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

I think you're the one struggling with understanding mate.

Most of the posts are asking for clarification what the songs actually are and asking why the board sat on a charge from 4 weeks ago. The supporters going to Legia didn't have a scooby fucken doo what kind of trouble singing songs could get us into and then the board has the temerity to release that fucken statement last night having a go at the UB.

Haven't read one poster saying they want the club to tell UEFA to fuck off we'll sing what we want.

Read the firsts few posts and it’s the usual garbage “we don’t know what songs we shouldn’t sing”Pish when we all know the fucking songs.

The statement having a go at the UB was poor and they should have said that’s the part of the ground the offensive songs came from if that’s what was in the report from UEFA.

Rightly or wrongly we are in the sights of FARE that have UEFA’s ear and continuing to sing or chant about Fenians will hurt the club why people can’t understand that is fucking mind boggling.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is fighting a losing battle going against UEFA, I don’t think anyone is disputing that. What people are annoyed at, is the board keeping this all under wraps for weeks then all of a sudden it’s 2 charges in a week?

People saying SFA wouldn’t dare try it, what the fuck would our board do to stop it? Shitebags to a man. Open season well and truly still on at our club. 

Shmabolic.

Just now, fanaticCR said:

It is fighting a losing battle going against UEFA, I don’t think anyone is disputing that. What people are annoyed at, is the board keeping this all under wraps for weeks then all of a sudden it’s 2 charges in a week?

People saying SFA wouldn’t dare try it, what the fuck would our board do to stop it? Shitebags to a man. Open season well and truly still on at our club. 

Shmabolic.

Shmabolic indeed 😄

This is a complete and utter shit show. 

On the one hand the songs absolutely must stop. Give it up, stop damaging the club by singing them at Ibrox or away from home. 

On the other hand, I'm sure we can all guess at which songs can't be sung but people shouldn't be left guessing what they can and can't sing. This is absolutely going to have an adverse effect on the atmosphere tonight, and let's be clear - the board must have known about the St. Joseph's charge before last week. There should be absolute clarity communicated to supporters in order to carry out what they want us to do and they seem to have completely fucked it. Fans are right to be raging with the board with how they've handled this.

9 minutes ago, jim beam said:

Read the firsts few posts and it’s the usual garbage “we don’t know what songs we shouldn’t sing”Pish when we all know the fucking songs.

The statement having a go at the UB was poor and they should have said that’s the part of the ground the offensive songs came from if that’s what was in the report from UEFA.

Rightly or wrongly we are in the sights of FARE that have UEFA’s ear and continuing to sing or chant about Fenians will hurt the club why people can’t understand that is fucking mind boggling.

If this was so clear the club would have listed them 20 years ago when UEFA first started this shite.

David Edgar said that in his meetings with David Murray all he got was the "ach everyone knows what songs" line.

Naw, no-one is 100% sure. And its irresponsible from the club not to make this crystal clear for people.

Lot of people at pains to point out just how dire the consequences could be for the club if the songs or words don't stop and yet we've not ask the board to take the bull by the horns and just publish a list on the official website, the Twitter and the Facebook. Don't sing this song, don't add this word or these words.

Its not hard.

Just now, Getstiffed said:

If this was so clear the club would have listed them 20 years ago when UEFA first started this shite.

David Edgar said that in his meetings with David Murray all he got was the "ach everyone knows what songs" line.

Naw, no-one is 100% sure. And its irresponsible from the club not to make this crystal clear for people.

Lot of people at pains to point out just how dire the consequences could be for the club if the songs or words don't stop and yet we've not ask the board to take the bull by the horns and just publish a list on the official website, the Twitter and the Facebook. Don't sing this song, don't add this word or these words.

Its not hard.

Do you know what songs or words will get us into trouble?

3 minutes ago, McKissock said:

This is a complete and utter shit show. 

On the one hand the songs absolutely must stop. Give it up, stop damaging the club by singing them at Ibrox or away from home. 

On the other hand, I'm sure we can all guess at which songs can't be sung but people shouldn't be left guessing what they can and can't sing. This is absolutely going to have an adverse effect on the atmosphere tonight, and let's be clear - the board must have known about the St. Joseph's charge before last week. There should be absolute clarity communicated to supporters in order to carry out what they want us to do and they seem to have completely fucked it. Fans are right to be raging with the board with how they've handled this.

100% right. You can't come on Rangersmedia and be outraged at the board are being criticized whilst simultaneously telling us how bad this could get for the club.

If its fucken 2 minutes to midnight then the club has to be more proactive.

Just now, jim beam said:

Do you know what songs or words will get us into trouble?

Haven't a fucken scoob mate and that's the point. I could guess if you want but considering how bad the consequences could be do we really want to leave it up to guess work?

And that's the point I'm making here. You can't say it could or will get really bad for the club but also defend the board for not taking the action of making a list of what is and isn't acceptable.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

The club sat on the first charge since July lol and let us go to Luxembourg, Denmark and Poland without a clue

Anyone thinks they absolute weapons in the boardroom give a fuck are having a laugh

They should have came out straight away and informed everyone as soon as the first charge dropped on the doorstep.

53 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

A judge in Scotland ruled that is was racist. 

UEFA sanctioned Linfield for their fans singing it stating it was sectarian. Linfield's defence was that the line "the famine is over" was not audible. This was rejected by UEFA who judged that he full song is sectarian, not just specific lines within it. That was the same judgement that they passed on the Billy Boys as well which means changing the word 'Fenian' in that song will not cut it either. 

This is what we are up against & incredibly some people still think it's a fight we can win 

I could give you a way to at least fight back in the next few minutes but it would require a board who gave a fuck

25 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

What is it, for clarity. There’s a lot of shite talk in here (including me btw 😂)

That there's no fight with UEFA that we can win. Real Madrid and PSV couldn't so there's no chance we can. I would be entirely comfortable with the club accepting these charges so readily and trying to weed out the songs if I thought for 5 seconds that once that work is complete they would then take on a fight we could win, with FARE.

8 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Its not hard.

If you need told what to sing or not sing at the football, the games a fucking bogey 

2 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Haven't a fucken scoob mate and that's the point. I could guess if you want but considering how bad the consequences could be do we really want to leave it up to guess work?

And that's the point I'm making here. You can't say it could or will get really bad for the club but also defend the board for not taking the action of making a list of what is and isn't acceptable.

Fair enough mate if some people need a list then a list should be produced by someone but in the meantime I’m sure if we drop the Fenian part and don’t sing the songs we think might get the club into more trouble then we should be ok until the list is produced.

3 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

That there's no fight with UEFA that we can win. Real Madrid and PSV couldn't so there's no chance we can. I would be entirely comfortable with the club accepting these charges so readily and trying to weed out the songs if I thought for 5 seconds that once that work is complete they would then take on a fight we could win, with FARE.

Do you think we should fight? Say for instance on TBB?

26 minutes ago, jim beam said:

Which songs are they then?

Archived